Who'll get the first tap on the shoulder and when?

Remove this Banner Ad

NORTH Melbourne has delisted eight players as the club finalises its squad for 2015 ahead of Friday's list lodgment deadline, while it has upgraded Kayne Turner and Joel Tippett to the primary list.

Liam Anthony, Taylor Hine, Robin Nahas, Mitch Wilkins, Tom Curran, Cameron Delaney and rookies Tim McGenniss and Max Warren have all been shown the door.

Midfielder Kieran Harper, who gained some interest from the Western Bulldogs in the NAB AFL Trade period, has been retained on the senior list.

It's understood that the Kangaroos intend to re-draft Delaney in the NAB AFL Rookie Draft in December.

The Roos were impressed by the scope for improvement that both Turner and Tippett displayed in their first seasons at Arden Street in 2014.

Turner, who turns 19 in December, formed a crucial part of North Melbourne's finals run.

The youngster's forward pressure earned him six senior games in the latter half of the year and he earned plenty of plaudits for his desperate smother in the Roos' thrilling semi-final win over Geelong.

Tippett also adds important key-position depth and managed four games last season, before a pectoral muscle injury cut him down.

Anthony, recruited with pick No.43 in the 2008 NAB AFL Draft, is the Roos' highest-profile delisting with the 27-year-old playing 58 games in six seasons on North's list.

North director of football Geoff Walsh praised the outgoing players for their input during their time at the Kangaroos.

"It's always a tough time of year when players leave the club, but we thank each of them for their efforts and great contribution over the journey at Arden Street," he said.

"We wish them all the best for their future endeavours."

The Kangaroos will enter the NAB AFL Draft on November 27 with picks No.16, No.25 and No.36.

That makes more sense. The club obviously rates Tippett ahead of him, which is fair enough.

Nahas is desperately unlucky but at the same time it is arguable that Turner has gone past him.

Delaney will be re-rookied & I am totally fine with that as he is absolutely behind Tippett.

Good decisions all round.

Nahas is desperately unlucky but at the same time it is arguable that Turner has gone past him.

Delaney will be re-rookied & I am totally fine with that as he is absolutely behind Tippett.

Good decisions all round.
They still haven't delisted the elephant, when will they capture that thing.

Slightly blindsided by the. Delaney decision I must say, hopefully rookied.

I'm so flat for Robbie Nahas though. He was best 22 when he got injured, he was great. So tough.

I really hope Harper explodes next year. My mail is its a confidence thing now, just needs to get his head right
giphy.gif
:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS mcmahon still on the list.
Would have rather demote mcmahon to the rookie list and kept delaney on the senior list

McMahon when fit is a good player, great disposal, good defender.
I never understand the negativity against him, same as for Adams or Black.
Delaney structurally unfit I wonder?
Draft picks: two runners, one backman

I wonder if it was a case of choosing between Delaney or Harper for re-rookieing (is that a word?) with the risk of other clubs poaching them in the rookie or pre-season draft. Hope Spare Keys will be back as a rookie as he has the talent if he gets his toe right.

"The Kangaroos will enter the draft on November 27 with picks No.16, No.25 and No.36."

Who's going to fill the other spot on the list?

It would be interesting to hear if the club is happy with his rehab efforts, just floating a question that may have been asked. 11 games in two years and only 1 AFL game, because of a toe?

office_space_kit_mat.jpeg

So is this right?

Senior List Outs:
Greenwood, LA, Wilkins, Hine, Curran, Delaney, Nahas
Senior List In:
Waite, Higgins, Turner, Tippett, 16, 25, 36
Rookie List Outs:
MacGenniss, Warren, Turner, Tippett
Rookie List Ins:
Delaney (?) + 3 picks

Don't expect anyone to break the gentleman's code and grab Delaney early. He's not worth pissing off clubs for breaking the unspoken rule.

If it was ie a black or a Gibson for instance I can see someone having a crack as it would benefit them greatly. But a tall who couldn't even play this year due to injury? Can't see it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back