Charter underwrote bought peptides were not for human use

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really support Freo?

Gotta admit, when Freo got lyon I was not happy, but as it turns out he is a good coach although the game plan is not easy on the eye, actually grew up as a Collingwood supporter, never liked Essendon, but hated Carlton.

My question to you is .... how difficult is it for you as an avowed Essendon and Hird hater to maintain some semblance of impartiality.

Gotta admit, when Freo got lyon I was not happy, but as it turns out he is a good coach although the game plan is not easy on the eye, actually grew up as a Collingwood supporter, never liked Essendon, but hated Carlton.

My question to you is .... how difficult is it for you as an avowed Essendon and Hird hater to maintain some semblance of impartiality.
if your not a Hird disciple then surely you can see the balance of evidence does not look good for Essendon

So I take it we've all just forgotten about dank giving thymomodulin to Melbourne players.

If there's no paper trail there, then why aren't Melbourne being looked in to?

The "everybody else did it" line is no defence. And its no excuse. And its probably not true.

I think this all but confirms TB4 was used.
No it confirms that charter was supplied with a quantity of TB4. On its own it doesn't prove anything more than that.

There are other dots along the way that when combined might prove TB4 was used but ASADA don't have all the dots so it remains to be seen whether they have enough to reach the conclusion TB4 was used to a comfortable level of satisfaction

My bad I should of made that a statement, not a question. Anyone who suggests a company the size of the one that provided the drugs that EFC doped with wouldn't have a retained sample of the batch, hasn't had any experience in working with accreditations that revolve around trackability.

if your not a Hird disciple then surely you can see the balance of evidence does not look good for Essendon

Said it before and I will say it again, Essendon and Hird have been duly shafted by plenty of political goings on out of their control.

Blackest day in Australian sport being the first one.

lets wait and see what the real evidence presents, MO is that Essendon will be found innocent of all charges of banned doping.

Not a positive test amongst 34 players who stand together convinced of their innocence, no deal taking, that tells me quite a lot.

....but all these theories are more plausible than what is staring you in the face.
Charter sourced TB4 from China at Danks request
He gave that material to dank with a recommended dosage schedule
Dank gave then gave it to alavi to compound for use
<gap>
Signed consent forms by the players include thymosin
They were injected by Danks own admission in an interview with TB4

Now it isn't certain that the players were injected with TB4 but it's certainly plausible, and comfortably more plausible than a company switching products like fabulous suggested.

Probably a good time to go and shovel some more s**t

inB4 - Percel played rugby, ergo:

Getting rid of weeds around the boat, getting ready for a hot summer of dragging the kids around on wake boards for shark bait :)

I did not mind Hird and Essendon much at all until all this started to happen. You talk of "impartiality", yet you're not being too impartial here. I'm on the side of the overwhelming evidence that suggests Essendon took banned substances and tried to cover it up. It wasn't just that they cheated, but used their own players as lab rats, perhaps without their knowledge. I find that more offensive than anything else.

If this isn't the blackest day in Australian sport, then what is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charter sourced TB4 from China at Danks request
He gave that material to dank with a recommended dosage schedule
Dank gave then gave it to alavi to compound for use
<gap>
Signed consent forms by the players include thymosin
They were injected by Danks own admission in an interview with TB4

Now it isn't certain that the players were injected with TB4 but it's certainly plausible, and comfortably more plausible than a company switching products like you suggested.
Your post above suggests I should have added the sarcasm face or that you have mistaken me for the original poster.

NB- I am having a Corona as we speak - love the avatar - not sure if it is the legs or the beer.

Your post above suggests I should have added the sarcasm face or that you have mistaken me for the original poster.

NB- I am having a Corona as we speak - love the avatar - not sure if it is the legs or the beer.
corona and beer in the same sentence. well I never........

• I did not mind Hird and Essendon much at all until all this started to happen. You talk of "impartiality", yet you're not being too impartial here. I'm on the side of the overwhelming evidence that suggests Essendon took banned substances and tried to cover it up. It wasn't just that they cheated, but used their own players as lab rats, perhaps without their knowledge. I find that more offensive than anything else.
If this isn't the blackest day in Australian sport, then what is?

Clearly the underarm problem aussies have (trevor Chappell), Larwood and the bodyline series, Carlton using handball in 1970 tops it all actually.

Hold your pitchfork mentality for when it's needed.

Last edited:
Some people have entrenched themselves in the ASADA don't have enough evidence camp so much, that if photos of the injections surfaced with the needles in the belly skin of players and TB4 ampules lying around they would cry out.

"But that doesn't prove the TB4 is in the syringe or that the plunger was depressed to deliver the dose"

Yep. Inexplicably I thought you were Phil at first so I've edited my post accordingly

I agree it doesn't look great like that which is what I am obviously concerned Tb4 was used.

Though a few questions, the Sharks players some continued to use some substances after teh program finished. Not through the club, through some of Dank's mates. Were the banned substances from then or when Dank was in charge (or both)

The other one is, I've had mixed talk on if Tb4 is legal to import. Legal to sell I know it right some have said it is illegal to import it. Would that be an angle the police etc would be looking at? Was the club used to import it, and than was it used at the club etc.

If it was illegal to import, would Charters have something to hide. The ACC for certain would know the answer to that one.

From my understanding the deal is related to the club program and I was told that it was only 1 player who kept seeing Dank once the program stopped.

It just wouldn't make sense from my perspective from the facts available. If Charter/Dank were trying to import the stuff to use for their own private business connections it would sure seem strange to be texting the coach of the team stating you are going to start the Thymosin injections next week and then placing it on the consent forms.You would never be mentioning it so no-one would even know it was gone.

I believe it is legal to import and I also believe ASADA checked with Customs to verify Charters claims.

http://executivesnews.com/dons-face-china-crisis-in-doping-saga

The agency’s pivotal declare is Shane Charter, who has run anti-ageing clinics.

He alleges that sports scientist Stephen Dank asked him to source Thymosin beta-4 in quantities sufficient to provide a football squad.

At no time did Dank ask him to source any other form of Thymosin, he claims. Charter alleges a Thymosin beta-4 was delivered to pharmacist Nima Alavi, of Como Compounding, for collection by Dank.

Investigators have checked his claims with Customs.

Last edited:
Players have been sticking together for 2 years, sticking together in all likelihood because they believe they are completely innocent, to any one with common sense this makes complete sense.

Completely innocent of what?

That makes no sense. No sense whatsoever.

At the very least, at the absolute very least, they must have some query in their heads that they may have been given 'the bad thymosin'. They just must.

It's illogical, to have a 2 year investigation carried and find that you did. But you believe you're completely innocent just because the very people that gave it to you - are saying you didn't. They don't have anything to prove it to you - they're just saying it.

Any right minded person, would have some (frankly, most would have a lot!) doubt that they are innocent of a breach of the WADA Code. And once you'd read the evidence against you, any person of sane mind would have a large degree of doubt!

Not necessarily convinced - but clearly there'd be some doubt.

To say they believe they believe they are 100% completely innocent is just lies from the players and the club. Absolute lies. It's unfathomable that they could be 100% certain.

And if they're not 100% certain, they should be doing the right thing and following the processes of the code that they and every other athlete in the country has agreed to.

Which they're not. And which is why I struggle to sympathise and can't help but feel they're covering their arses.

No it confirms that charter was supplied with a quantity of TB4. On its own it doesn't prove anything more than that.

There are other dots along the way that when combined might prove TB4 was used but ASADA don't have all the dots so it remains to be seen whether they have enough to reach the conclusion TB4 was used to a comfortable level of satisfaction

What it 'proves', is that unless Dank got the 'good thymosin' from somewhere else and can prove it, it's going to be very hard to explain how he gave a playing list a shitload of 'good thymosin' if there's no record of him even having any.

One 'defence', was that Charter might have actually given him 'good thymosin', not TB-4. That defence is now void (if this article is accurate of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back