Toast RD Pick #13 - Welcome to Freo Ethan Hughes

Remove this Banner Ad

What video ?

Forgotten your specs Fred? The one in the two posts literally right before yours. :D

At least I assume that's the same video as the one on the Freo site. The first 30 seconds were the same.

I was at training today and got talking to an old guy who looks like John Todd , and is our talent scout in W.A ,
His name is John
also but he didn't state his last name . I asked him about Ethan and he said that the Club had had their eye on his for 3 years .
He stated also that he was a Peel boy who went to Swans and the reports on him from Greg Harding and Smart convinced them to look closer and they liked how much he had improved in all fascist of his game and where impressed with his work ethic as well .
John Nykyforak I'm guessing was the man. Former West Perth player and games record holder (529) at the mighty Leederville Cricket Club. Also would probably not appreciate being called old at the ripe age of 68.

Watching the video there seems to be a touch of Michael Johnson about him, obviously not as tall but good overhead, reads the play and intercepts and good evasive skills.

If he has only played footy for 4 years there should be a huge amount of improvement in him.

Looking forward to seeing him develop into a class player for us and a perfect rookie selection.

Forgotten your specs Fred? The one in the two posts literally right before yours. :D

At least I assume that's the same video as the one on the Freo site. The first 30 seconds were the same.

The post mentioning how impressive the video is was before the post with the link.
I posted after seeing the initial post about the clip.
There was no link before that post.
Stevie Wonder could see that.

All this means that we must be very confident that the talls we have on our list are considerably better than anyone in the drafts.
A massive endorsement by any measure.
Not really. Just means the talls we have on the list are solid enough that they can hold the fort while we pick the guys that'll hopefully give us the most value with the highest value picks.

Not picking lever or goddard or durdin with our first rounder doesn't mean we think that apeness, tabs, pearceA, silva, dawson and hurley are all better than them. Just means they thought the addition of weller would add more to the future of the club than what they'd lose by leaving one of the three kpps behind.

if they bombed it all the bogans would have to live in Mandurah and Rockingham. Oh wait........
Personly I think you are being very unfair to Rockingham, there are so many Kiwis,Poms and South Africans living there now that it's hard to spot an Aussie. ( not really just look for the mullet or toothless smile ). Besides there is a heap of spare land arround Kwinana.

Lots to work with here. Seems a natural footy player even though he hasn't played the game that long. I'm really excited about our new recruits this year. There's bound to be at least a couple of serious guns from this new crop and I think Ethan looks a likely type. The future looks really good;).

Lots to work with here. Seems a natural footy player even though he hasn't played the game that long. I'm really excited about our new recruits this year. There's bound to be at least a couple of serious guns from this new crop and I think Ethan looks a likely type. The future looks really good;).

I'll check him out on Saturday morning. I expect he'll be down there training.

One of the differences between us and the Hawks is they have tall skilful distributors off the half back line in Suckling, Birchall and Burgoyne. We have Duffield, Sutcliffe and Johnson, but Johnson is forced to play as a third tall/spare man (and KPP at stages last year) and Sutcliffe is more of a mid who plays off the half back. If we could develop Hughes into a big skilful distributor off the half back line it would substantially improve our structure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the differences between us and the Hawks is they have tall skilful distributors off the half back line in Suckling, Birchall and Burgoyne. We have Duffield, Sutcliffe and Johnson, but Johnson is forced to play as a third tall/spare man (and KPP at stages last year) and Sutcliffe is more of a mid who plays off the half back. If we could develop Hughes into a big skilful distributor off the half back line it would substantially improve our structure

He looked a good size in the video and strong overhead.

John Nykyforak I'm guessing was the man. Former West Perth player and games record holder (529) at the mighty Leederville Cricket Club. Also would probably not appreciate being called old at the ripe age of 68.
I'm 63 and he looks in fine fettle to me for an older guy but the extreme white hair and wrinkles give him away

I couldn't imagine anything worse than being 19 and having to do a filmed interview at like 9 in the morning having literally just got off the plane from Bali

Plus he was on the plane at 8 am which means it would have been about a 6 am flight. Kid would have been operating on like 2 hours sleep

I couldn't imagine anything worse than being 19 and having to do a filmed interview at like 9 in the morning having literally just got off the plane from Bali

Plus he was on the plane at 8 am which means it would have been about a 6 am flight. Kid would have been operating on like 2 hours sleep
That club polo was probably the freshest shirt he'd worn for days

http://www.afl.com.au/draft/draft-tracker.workstation

If you go to the link above and click on Ethan Hughes, there's a video with some different highlights than the video on the club's website. I don't remember if being there before so it might be new. It's worth a look.

He definitely show some really good evasion and class. He looks good in the air too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back