Your least favourite goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Opposite of the other thread, this is the one that made you feel sick.

For me, Dean Ashton for West Ham against us in the FA Cup quarters, must have been around 2005. At the time I thought it was best chance we were ever going to get of making it to a cup final.

Middlesbrough beat us 0-1 around 2004 without having a shot on target. Hated Steve McLaren ever since.

Owen in the 4-3, Watson in the cup final a couple of years ago, and all of Norwichs goals after Mancini got sacked.

Coutinho last season was a sickener. As was Torres'goal at Stamford Bridge.

Belletti's winner in the 2006 UCL final, wasn't even on target and went in off Alumunia's leg. A man down for 70% of the match we had even managed to get in front before Eto'o equalised and then this killed the dream.

James McFadden's penalty in a 2-2 draw at Birmingham which was the beginning of the end of our title chase in 2007-08 season. Clichy dwelled on the ball instead of clearing it then brought down Parnaby (although I'm convinced to this day he got something on the ball). End of the game saw Gallas sit down and cry on the pitch (was the same game Eduardo got his leg broken).

Frank Lampard scoring the equaliser for City against us. Never felt that way after a goal.

Costinha goal in injury time vs Man Utd. Was a BS free kick and Scholes had a goal incorrectly ruled offside. Would have won the UCL if not for that goal and Tim f****** Howard who was sold straight after.

Kun's goal against QPR hurt. Utd threw that title away but to be 30 seconds from it and then lose is tough.

Costinha goal in injury time vs Man Utd. Was a BS free kick and Scholes had a goal incorrectly ruled offside. Would have won the UCL if not for that goal and Tim f****** Howard who was sold straight after.

Kun's goal against QPR hurt. Utd threw that title away but to be 30 seconds from it and then lose is tough.
This reminds me of my least favourite non-goal. A couple of years back had an 7-8 game multi worth over $2k and would have won it if a Stevie G goal wasn't incorrectly ruled offside for someone 'apparently' blocking the keepers line of sight :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This reminds me of my least favourite non-goal. A couple of years back had an 7-8 game multi worth over $2k and would have won it if a Stevie G goal wasn't incorrectly ruled offside for someone 'apparently' blocking the keepers line of sight :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Ouch!

I can't even bear to watch them again but all the derby losses under Pardew. Never seen replays - every goal conceded like a dagger through the heart. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demba Ba at Anfield last season.

John O'Shea's late winner in front of the Kop in 2007 after we had battered them all game - probably the angriest I've been after a goal.

Totti's penalty against Australia at the World Cup in 2006.

Definitely this one. Never felt so robbed or cheated before in my life.

This sums up my feelings about this game

This take the cake but this one is also up there...

Vital game for us in the race for top four, Sturridge scored the first for Liverpool and Suarez had gotten away with biting Ivanovic. All I wanted was to beat that mob but somehow the officials pulled 6 minutes of injury out of thin air and Suarez, of all the ******* people, equalized in the 97th minute. Felt totally unjustified and almost punched a hole straight through my laptop screen!

I remember Chicharito scoring a winner against us a couple of years ago at the Bridge, had me ******* ropable!

Definitely this one. Never felt so robbed or cheated before in my life.

This sums up my feelings about this game

Not to put a dampener on it but Abidal was red carded incorrectly and Barcelona had 2 blatant penalties not given in the first leg. Chelsea cheated themselves if anything in that match.

Not to put a dampener on it but Abidal was red carded incorrectly and Barcelona had 2 blatant penalties not given in the first leg. Chelsea cheated themselves if anything in that match.
And going by your interpretation of blatant we had at least 4 pens missed over the tie, we didn't cheat anything.

We were robbed.

But not really the thread for this discussion.

Euro 2004. 89th minute goal from Jonson for Sweden to tie their final group game with Denmark 2-2. If ever there was an obvious fix to a game... that was it.

And going by your interpretation of blatant we had at least 4 pens missed over the tie, we didn't cheat anything.

We were robbed.

But not really the thread for this discussion.

1 blatant penalty, 1 maybe, 2 others that weren't. Can see why you thought you had been cheated though.

Demba Ba last season at Anfield obviously.

Not the 1st minute volley by Maldini. I was still like... ok, that start sucked, still in it though. The second by Crespo in the 39th I was like... this is getting away from us :( But the third just before half time, when Crespo calmly chips Dudek and wheels away and we are down 3-0. I was gutted.

Turned out alright in the end though haha.

Was it Valencia or Young who dove at Anfield a couple of years ago as Johnson was tracking back. That goal pissed me off because of how blatant a dive it was. Typical United I thought at the time. I was so angry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back