Injury Josh Cowan - Further Achilles surgery - Career over?

Will Josh Cowan Be Delisted/Traded or retained?

• Yes

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No will get another year at Geelong

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • No will never play AFL again

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I presume this would explain why he wasn't part of the initial squad for the 1st NAB challenge match
I'd assume so as well.

will he ever make it onto the park?

It's not just can he get on the park, but if he does get an opportunity will his body be able to stand up to the requirements and stress of an AFL match or is his body just not up to it?

Bad luck then for Cowan. Does not mean it is over for him. He still has the whole season to show something in the VFL and maybe even the AFL.

My guess is that as long as he has a good VFL season and few injuries he will stay on the list. If he gets a major injury - he could be in trouble. We cannot carry too many LTI players for much longer IMO.

Cowan a hammy twinge…. #@$@#%$%@#%@%@%@#% :mad:

I have really backed him to get right but I also said that it was now or never.
He has a little of the now left but not by much….

If this is not sorted and fast he is done.

And that is extremely not cool.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well I don't know exactly what Cowan's contract status is, but if he can't get on the park this year, surely he must go. GFC has been more than patient.

It's reached the point of no return if he's going to continue like this,....can run, but very brittle, unfortunately this stops many with huge potential.
But potential is nothing unless you can play. :(

Bad luck then for Cowan. Does not mean it is over for him. He still has the whole season to show something in the VFL and maybe even the AFL.

My guess is that as long as he has a good VFL season and few injuries he will stay on the list. If he gets a major injury - he could be in trouble. We cannot carry too many LTI players for much longer IMO.

The article says his still a chance for a nab game. I suspect his hammy is a little tight.
Too tight to risk sending him out to play.
Hopefully his right for the third game

On the Cats facebook page they had photos on track from today and Cowan was training by the looks of things.
No link up on the Cats website just yet.

On the Cats facebook page they had photos on track from today and Cowan was training by the looks of things.
No link up on the Cats website just yet.

Really hope its a 100% down to 90% thing and gets better fast.

Don't have much armor left defending him…

Just let him be healthy.

GO Catters

Steve Hocking said they are hopeful that he will play nab 2 . On the AFL website story on cam Delaney who is also starting minor training.

In the recent article about Delaney there is a throwaway line about Cowan

Hocking also said the Cats were hopeful Josh Cowan would be available for selection for the club's next NAB Challenge game after battling hamstring issues.

He walks! It's a miracle!

View attachment 113977

hallelujah.jpg

Back