So much for Solidarity, Essendon - Barrett AFL Website

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link not working?

Edit: Never mind, found another link. Rather harsh. Accurate, but harsh.

Others listed in 2012 intend to be involved in a "simulated training" hit-out against a VFL side the evening prior to the game against the Saints. "Simulated training" is code here for "as serious a hit-out as we can possibly have without it being considered a match by the AFL or ASADA".

All in the aim of protecting the players, as Kerr said back on February 11, from any adverse impact on a potential backdated suspension should they be found guilty of use of an ASADA-banned substance by the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Solidarity. It's all the rage at Essendon on February 11, and out the window by March 5.

Solidarity. It's just a word Essendon chose to shout as it thumped its chest yet again, when it suited it.

Like another word. Truth. Remember that one? Hird told us way back when that when the truth came out, the club would be in a state that bordered heaven.

We've long been aware that we will never, ever, get the whole truth from anyone directly associated with this mess, but we're still waiting on your version of it, James.

What's his beef with Essendon? He seems an angry little man.

He pretty much spews vitriol onto any club he can at any oppurtunity in a desperate attempt to be hard hitting. The problem with this article is that this point has already been made by everyone since Essendon announced 2012 listed players would play.

I liked this line though
Hird told us way back when that when the truth came out, the club would be in a state that bordered heaven.

s**t article.

The sad thing is that as he's writing it, he probably imagines all the kudos and praise he's going to get for the "cut through".

Seriously, questioning the playing group's "solidarity" on the basis of 4 players requesting a game is pretty laughable. There may be divsion in the group but this is hardly evidence of it.

Footy media are by and large execrable journalists these day.

s**t article.

The sad thing is that as he's writing it, he probably imagines all the kudos and praise he's going to get for the "cut through".

Seriously, questioning the playing group's "solidarity" on the basis of 4 players requesting a game is pretty laughable. There may be divsion in the group but this is hardly evidence of it.

Footy media are by and large execrable journalists these day.

The solidarity of the group was supposed to be the fact that the 8 players of the 25 who did not receive infraction notices would sit out to protect the anonymity of their teammates. Half those players have requested games now, so for mine this decision is questionable. But the point is the narrative given by Essendon continues to be inconsistent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's his beef with Essendon? He seems an angry little man.
he is an angry little man. Has been ever since the HUN sacked him. Always tries to insert himself in the story.

The guy autographed footy's on The Sunday Footy Show ffs. That's how much he thinks he should be the star of the show.

The solidarity of the group was supposed to be the fact that the 8 players of the 25 who did not receive infraction notices would sit out to protect the anonymity of their teammates. Half those players have requested games now, so for mine this decision is questionable. But the point is the narrative given by Essendon continues to be inconsistent.

True, but the solidarity line of attack is BS. Those players who have INs may have simply said "* it, it's not fair you don't get a run, go play in the NAB"

He made an article pointing out how Essendon have said one completely open ended thing after another in the media to make themselves look good and then done a 180 in the background, this is just the latest in a long history of bullshit, lies and deceit by the Essendon FC and they deserve all the hammerings they get for it.

I would give Damo some feedback on Twitter but he'd probably block me like he does everyone else who points out his anti-Essendon bullshit is wearing a bit thin.
Oh god please enough of this "it is everyone elses fault except Essendon and Hird"

True, but the solidarity line of attack is BS. Those players who have INs may have simply said "**** it, it's not fair you don't get a run, go play in the NAB"

It's definitely a simplistic attack, and vintage Barrett, not denying that.

I would give Damo some feedback on Twitter but he'd probably block me like he does everyone else who points out his anti-Essendon bullshit is wearing a bit thin.

Don't worry there's plenty of anti-Essendon feeling to go round. Some of it is even valid but we can do without this tepid pap though.

Oh, hird said that? Phew. That's fine.

Honestly if the club didn;t want them to play, you really think they wouldn't be playing?

It's quite simple. You're a coach of a footy team and you don't want a player playing. You don't name them in the team.

Take a few minutes to see how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back