Davis Cup 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Done To Kokk, Rosol went away after the first two sets but Kokkanksis wasn't playing his best tennis and still won, an impressive effort. I can see why kokk has some relatively poor losses in the states, he isn't striking it too cleanly.

Now Grothy and Hewitt to finish is off hopefully.

Yeah great effort by Kokk. I went to sleep after he went down two sets, and couldn't believe it when I woke up during the fifth and he'd come back. Also nice to see Bernie routine Vesely, who certainly isn't a bad young player either, as a ranking inside the top 50 would suggest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the World Group but New Zealand and China are locked at 1 all after two marathon five setters on day one.

Another marathon five setter in this tie. That's three from three matches. Zhang Ze played a singles on Friday and the doubles so has apparently played 10 sets in about 24 hours. He plays the first of the reverse singles tomorrow.

Another marathon five setter in this tie. That's three from three matches. Zhang Ze played a singles on Friday and the doubles so has apparently played 10 sets in about 24 hours. He plays the first of the reverse singles tomorrow.
It's crazy. Three matches, 15 sets - six of which have gone to a tiebreaker (and one fifth set which ended up 9-7). Seriously tight.

I know Stepanek is injured, but did the Czechs think that they could beat us anyway without Berdych? Don't quite understand why he didn't play :confused:
He's pretty much always played for the Davis Cup team...like never misses. However the window of opportunity is closing for him to win a Grand Slam. He wanted to focus on that this year I believe.

Five seconds into the coverage and we're already reminded that Groth is the world's fastest server.

Channel 7 never disappoints.
While not doubting 7's ability to stuff up sporting coverage, I quite enjoyed Woodbridge and Fitzgerald last night. They were simple yet informative and while we expect a certain level of parochialism, there seemed to be little hyperbole. Big :thumbsu: to them and Channel 7.

While not doubting 7's ability to stuff up sporting coverage, I quite enjoyed Woodbridge and Fitzgerald last night. They were simple yet informative and while we expect a certain level of parochialism, there seemed to be little hyperbole. Big :thumbsu: to them and Channel 7.
Didn't watch last night and I'm not minding tonight's commentary but my comment wasn't really intended to slam the coverage - just find it funny that Groth's name can't be mentioned without the "world's fastest server" moniker being attached. :p

I didn't mind them either. Actually always enjoy both of them in commentary, Fitzy always sounds genuinely pleased when the Aussies do well.

A strange thing I have noticed re the crowd... They keep showing a group of Australian supporters, did anyone else notice they all appear to be pensioner age? :confused:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back