Official Match Thread S19 Round 6 - Geelong Wolves vs East Side Hawks at The Lair

Remove this Banner Ad

Goals?
Go Wolves
Gonna have them crying fowl after we smash them
Goals mate.

Geez this is a far cry from our last match thread.
I remember coming in this time last week and having to catch up on 6 pages worth.

Goals mate.

Geez this is a far cry from our last match thread.
I remember coming in this time last week and having to catch up on 6 pages worth.
This time last week.... god if you missed 3 hours you missed 6 pages last week

Where are all these posters from the 4th most relevant side in the league?

According to okeydoke7 they are twice as relevant as we are so please oh great relevant side show us how a match thread should be played
You're discussing us.

okeydoke7 , point proven I think.

According to okeydoke7 they are twice as relevant as we are so please oh great relevant side show us how a match thread should be played
hawkward_c_361560.jpg

We're busy resting on our laurels mate.

Tell me when the Wolves get a decent poster and I'll act interested.

In all seriousness, I'll give you a list:

Okeydoke7
Mr Eagle
Itsmyshow
Tarkyn_24
Gentlemen
Citroin

Now, tell me which Wolves posters are actually better than anyone in the list. Then, tell me where they sit among the list. Include yourself if you believe your own tripe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're busy resting on our laurels mate.

Tell me when the Wolves get a decent poster and I'll act interested.

In all seriousness, I'll give you a list:

Okeydoke7
Mr Eagle
Itsmyshow
Tarkyn_24
Gentlemen
Citroin

Now, tell me which Wolves posters are actually better than anyone in the list. Then, tell me where they sit among the list. Include yourself if you believe your own tripe.
To be fair you included yourself

Perhaps you should each drop yourselves from the discussion

To be fair you included yourself

Perhaps you should each drop yourselves from the discussion
To be fair I'm the league admin, have captained a club, have played since Season 9, am destined to become the league's leading all-time goal-kicker, am the league's best ever and most consistent media performer, have won 6 club leading goal kicker awards at 4 different clubs (will be 7 and 5 at the end of this season), have won an Alf Andrews medal, has been selected for the All-SFA side 4 times (and robbed twice, including the year I won the Alf) and has been among the biggest names in the league in at least seasons 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18 and now 19 (I started late in S9 and was on and off retired in the middle section).

I won't be dropping myself from the discussion. I am the discussion.

IMS and Tarks are also Hall of Famers.

The Wolves' topline posters? Don't come close. How's that for relevancy?

To be fair I'm the league admin, have captained a club, have played since Season 9, am destined to become the league's leading all-time goal-kicker, am the league's best ever and most consistent media performer, have won 6 club leading goal kicker awards at 4 different clubs (will be 7 and 5 at the end of this season), have won an Alf Andrews medal, has been selected for the All-SFA side 4 times (and robbed twice, including the year I won the Alf) and has been among the biggest names in the league in at least seasons 10, 11, 15, 16, 17, 18 and now 19 (I started late in S9 and was on and off retired in the middle section).

A Beng like attitude there, but they are all facts. The media one is an opinion but I think it may be true.

Well after you managed to recite all of that so quick I'm not sure why you bother even mentioning any other names since it's clearly all about you?

Well after you managed to recite all of that so quick I'm not sure why you bother even mentioning any other names since it's clearly all about you?
I really should save it all to a word document. It would save time.

But I figure, since I add to my resume so bloody quickly it would just be superseded.

That's relevance, like it or hate it. ABH and Taylor may have been relevant 1.5 seasons ago. The rest of you have never been relevant. Maybe Winty for purely Qooty facets of the game. But that doesn't keep you relevant unless the question is "who has kicked the most goals?"

I really should save it all to a word document. It would save time.

But I figure, since I add to my resume so bloody quickly it would just be superseded.

That's relevance, like it or hate it. ABH and Taylor may have been relevant 1.5 seasons ago. The rest of you have never been relevant. Maybe Winty for purely Qooty facets of the game. But that doesn't keep you relevant unless the question is "who has kicked the most goals?"

I think you will find plenty here don't care if we are viewed as 'relevant' or not.
We enjoy the team, the people, the banter and the game... we aren't running around shouting from the roof tops that we are in the top echelon of the league..

But YOU did that

And with that comes an expectation that your team will deliver, as good as posters are or have been previously means squat to us if they don't deliver here...

and you will get called out on it as you put the target on your own teams back

I think you will find plenty here don't care if we are viewed as 'relevant' or not.
We enjoy the team, the people, the banter and the game... we aren't running around shouting from the roof tops that we are in the top echelon of the league..

But YOU did that

And with that comes an expectation that your team will deliver, as good as posters are or have been previously means squat to us if they don't deliver here...

and you will get called out on it as you put the target on your own teams back
We couldn't agree more then.

I look forward to dobbing 6 or 7 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back