Collingwood’s Josh Thomas, Lachie Keeffe accept two-year bans for taking banned drug clenbuterol

Remove this Banner Ad

These guys have no idea how it got in, if their food or drink was spiked in a foreign hotel or training facility and proven to be this, and if these guys have been banned by both club and asasda. I would embrace these guys throwing the kitchen sink at the club, the AFL and asada. On the other hand if guilty sack them, its a disgrace either way.

People use, manufacture and deal in illegal drugs every day knowing they'll face significany punishment if they get caught. But they still do it because the perceived reward outweighs the risk.

Can't imagine what you mean.

ImageProxy-141.jpg

Wondering if he'd consider playing this year if the penalties came?
Drastic times require drastic measures.
Age is just a number when you are superfit.

Do you think ASADA would target test him?

Firstly, the drink wasn't legal on matchdays, and that is all that matters.

You'd think these two are almost guaranteed 2 years, if not more. Our situation is different, there is no positive tests or any real concrete evidence.
Well done on cheating the system and keeping no evidence. Why am I not hearing we didn't take banned substances?

So many people look at this the wrong way. "How stupid can they be?" "Why would they do that after Essendon?"

There are many people in many sports that are just not good enough to compete without the help of banned substances. To Keefe and Thomas it may just be this simple, take the banned substance or never play in the AFL and say good bye to fame and fortune. There will be countless players in the AFL who are the same, they are chasing there dreams.

It is why there will never be a clean AFL or any professional sport.

That was part of the interview - good and bad thymosin. He then expanded saying he received good thymosin as in thymomodulin and saw the vial labelled as such. Referenced the photo from dean wallis showing a vial labelled thymomodulin

And you believe all that without question?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, on the Pies board, they're calling for the two to be sacked and declared persona non grata. No-one on the Freo board is really sticking up for Crowley either.

Its a very different response to whats been going on down the Essendon board for like 2 years now.

Weird.

Yeah, it's almost like they're two completely different scenarios, one involving positive drug tests and the other not. But then, what would I know, me with my head in the sand and all.

Where are Keffee and Thomas from?? Queensland.

A couple of weeks ago there was a story on 7.30 story about Queensland outlaw motorcycle gangs supplying illegal - not just banned from sports, but illegal - PEDs. Coincidence?? From the 7.30 transcript and you can watch the story at the link

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4194226.htm
LEIGH SALES, PRESENTER: Police and health experts are warning of an explosion in the use of illegal performance-enhancing steroids. Anabolic steroids have long been used by athletes and body builders, but increasingly they're being peddled to school-aged boys. Like any user, they risk severe side effects, including an increased risk of prostate cancer, stroke, heart attack and depression.

In the last six months of last year, Customs intercepted 3,000 steroid shipments arriving in Australia. The centre of the steroid business is Queensland's Gold Coast, where police claim outlaw motorcycle gangs are muscling in on the trade. 7.30 has been given exclusive access to raids carried out by Queensland's anti-bikie Taskforce Maxima in a major crackdown on steroid traffickers.

Mark Willacy has this report.

MARK WILLACY: According to police, outlaw bikie gangs are increasingly muscling their way into the steroid trade, often ordering the drugs on overseas internet sites and having them shipped right to their door.

These parcels were delivered to a home near Brisbane as it was being raided by police looking for steroids. The packages had come all the way from China, which along with Thailand is seen as a major source of steroids and human growth hormone.

Inside the packages are pills and vials of steroids, including Clenbuterol. It's known as a "shredder" because it burns off fat cells and increases strength. It's one of the steroids that last year was listed as a Schedule One dangerous drug.

MICK NILAND: Which means it's in the same rankings as heroin, cocaine and methamphetamine. So possession of these drugs can carry a term of 15 years' imprisonment and trafficking in these dangerous drugs, the steroids, can carry up to 25 years' imprisonment.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4194226.htm
I blame the expansion.

why is this thread about Essendon?

Deflection much?
Mxett, mate. It's just a bit of ribbing. Unfortunately regardless of how tomorrow goes nothing much will change in that regard.

Best to either try and ignore it, or just take a rest from the board. I've got no idea how you've managed to stick around so long, I wouldn't have been able to manage it if I was in your situation;.

i think to call these players idiots is underestimating there intentions if it is found they purposely took this drug. more like cheats, scum etc. etc. This is only IF with a big IF they took these drugs on purpose
Being idiots doesn't preclude you being a cheat. You can be a dumb bankrobber if you get caught everytime, doesnt make your crime less just makes you a crap robber. In this case assuming Thomas and Keeffe are as guilty as they appear I think it makes them both cheats and idiots. Being an idiot in that situation doesnt lessen the charge of being a cheat. Just makes you a crap cheat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back