Roast Sav Rocca at Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
http://news.com.au/sport/afl/sav-ro...oalkicking-style/story-fndv8f7j-1227302518894

One of my favourite players of all time has been recruited by Carlton to help with goal kicking. Another Collingwood legend snaffled up by Carlton - I guess imitation is the greatest form of flattery but I'm still annoyed. Get him back with his brother at the Pies! Put him back in the goal square, Bucks! It's where he belongs!

http://news.com.au/sport/afl/sav-ro...oalkicking-style/story-fndv8f7j-1227302518894

One of my favourite players of all time has been recruited by Carlton to help with goal kicking. Another Collingwood legend snaffled up by Carlton - I guess imitation is the greatest form of flattery but I'm still annoyed. Get him back with his brother at the Pies! Put him back in the goal square, Bucks! It's where he belongs!
Pebbles sent him there, definitely a conspiracy, Eddie strikes again.

It's a peculiar choice as I rememmber that Sav wasn't a 100% certainty from 20 metres out. Obviously, his consistency would have improved playing american gridiron, or at least practicing to play the games...i dont think 2 or 3 kicks a week would improve anything.

Sav is working exclusively with Levi Casboult.

It beats me why we haven't employed a forward with a superior goal kicking technique to mentor Cloke.

I read in the Black & White magazine Trevor Hendy helps with Cloke and him visulaising kicking straight. We are a strange club.

It beats me why we haven't employed a forward with a superior goal kicking technique to mentor Cloke.

I read in the Black & White magazine Trevor Hendy helps with Cloke and him visulaising kicking straight. We are a strange club.
We tried to lure Matthew Lloyd but he went to the Bombers instead, for some reason.

We should get Plugger (finally)

484206-tony-lockett.jpg

It's a peculiar choice as I rememmber that Sav wasn't a 100% certainty from 20 metres out.
My immediate thought too. Better known for kicking 65m than kicking accurately...

Sav was a bit dicey on set shots sometimes, but Casboult's kicking is a train wreck and he would be lucky to have someone like Sav teach him how to kick. Sav's set shot kicking action was beautiful, whereas Levi's kicking action is quite a bit worse than mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that it is most likely an addition to the #specialagenttaskforce Collingwood has down at Carlton at the moment. My only query is whether it is a waste of resources. Casboult seems to be doing a pretty good job at sabotaging his own goal kicking at the moment without the need for #specialagent invervention :p

Bristle used to be at the club to help our forwards. Remember him whinging at one point saying players are performance managed so badly even goal kicking after training is curtailed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back