Game Day Collingwood v Carlton, MCG Friday 28 July, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Fly is doing him any favours by just leaving him to get mauled in the midfield. All that cutesy mind game stuff about how we want the opposition to tag him, yet it's as if they have overlooked that we actually want our best player to play well

I agree.

At this point in his development, I think he should be a 70% half forward/half back and 30% mid.

He just isn’t strong enough around the contest and needs to build a hat into his game.

I agree.

At this point in his development, I think he should be a 70% half forward/half back and 30% mid.

He just isn’t strong enough around the contest and needs to build a hat into his game.
I think with Markov's emergence, half forward is the way to go. He has goal-sense, and would create a lot more problems than bloody Lipinski!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you can’t rely on umps to do the right thing, but as a defender, you just can’t risk doing it. It’s basically a certain goal against you. If he out marks you, so be it, but don’t give it to him on a platter
As I said, natural reaction. I'm not going to call him out on it when he should've received the free.

you can’t rely on umps to do the right thing, but as a defender, you just can’t risk doing it. It’s basically a certain goal against you. If he out marks you, so be it, but don’t give it to him on a platter

Damn straight.

Honestly as bad as a grappling ruck in the defensive half

Damn straight.

Honestly as bad as a grappling ruck in the defensive half
That's why I never want to ever play Carlton in a final because you just know we will get robbed blind.

Adams
Cox
WHE
Lipinski

All in trouble. Howe probably saved himself.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

We've had 25 shots to 22. Inaccurate when we've had chances and a few players down on their normal output. We're the hunted, Blues up and about.

We've been smashed in contested possessions and clearances and have also lost the tackle count by a handy margin, whilst getting more free kicks and having less clangers.

Whenever I see a result I always look at that particular group of stats as a reflection of general play throughout the game and they point to the scoreline being somewhat flattering for us, despite our numerous misses.

We need to be better than this from week to week if we're going to make it to the summit at season's end, not start putting up some of our worst performances as the season progresses and hoping the other team is just worse on the day or manages to let the game slip out of their clutches.

Missing Bobby tonight. Honestly after now seeing us all season I’ll now predict no flag this year. Clearances are really bad, same issue as last year. A game style that relies on taking from defence is not standing up in finals. We just don’t score enough also, it’s always a close game no matter who we play. Brisbane will win the flag we’ll be out in straight sets.
I know the hate will come and the comments about being negative and not a “true” supporter in fact I look very deeply in our games and we are just a bit short this season, if we solve some problems then we are right in it next year.
Stoppage work needs something, is it Finn for next year. AJ needs to play more as he’s our best mark and our most accurate goal scorer. Players like WHE, Lipinski etc need to make way for Ryan and Allen. It’s just small changes we need to make.

Don’t come back at me to abuse me I’m not replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back