Preview Collingwood v Richmond Friday 31 March, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows how bad our big man depth is atm. Begg injured and Oscar no where near ready, would be like when we put Begg up against Witts last season, not a great idea. AJ surely comes in. Coxy is a big cog in our team both ruck and forward. AJ can definitely fill the forward position and his around the ground marking last week was elite. I’m hoping the loss of Cox doesn’t affect our clearance game as that’s one thing that’s improved so much this year and makes us more dangerous, at least the tigs has lost more important players than us.

I think Cameron will have to take his rests in the goal square, otherwise we will be pretty bare up forward when McStay is giving him a chop-out.
I'd keep McStay up forward. Rather than sacrificing an aerial presence up forward, I'd sacrifice an aerial presence in ruck contests by playing Johnson as second ruck.

Sad news re Mason. Hopefully he makes a speedy and full recovery.

I would increase Cameron's time in the ruck and bring in Steene. With Checkers under and injury cloud, McStay has to stay up forward.

Alternative if they want to go fully radical, is to let McStay punch hit in ruck and Moore plays up forward. Trust Frampton, Murphy and Maynard to get the job done defensively.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Funny seeing all the injury excuses coming out for Richmond in the media.

Of their accepted starting 22 they're missing 5. Short, Martin, Tarrant, Hopper, Broad (suspended)

Of ours we're already missing 3 with the potential of one more. Cox, Lipinski, Howe and maybe Mihocek

Think the meeja pundits need to not worry about making excuses for Richmond and let the game play out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

perhaps get him on loan like the round-ball code does
I think we're fine in the ruck department. DC does most rucking anyway. Both McStay & Frampton can ruck. Reef comes in for Checkers. And bring in AJ? Wilson? Both kicking a few last week in the VFL. Carmichael as sub.

Injuries are something we will have to deal with like the other teams
Really Good opportunity to see Reef and AJ now more regularly as they will get a string of games to put some good body of work together.

On the other hand, it will also show us how good McRae and his coaching staff are in adapting to things

I think we're fine in the ruck department. DC does most rucking anyway. Both McStay & Frampton can ruck. Reef comes in for Checkers. And bring in AJ? Wilson? Both kicking a few last week in the VFL. Carmichael as sub.
I would've thought maybe Macrae as the sub this week but don't know much about VFL performances recently, just heard he had a good match last week.

I liked McStay as the second ruck (and first ruck when Big O went down) in last year's finals.

Sad news re Mason. Hopefully he makes a speedy and full recovery.

I would increase Cameron's time in the ruck and bring in Steene. With Checkers under and injury cloud, McStay has to stay up forward.

Alternative if they want to go fully radical, is to let McStay punch hit in ruck and Moore plays up forward. Trust Frampton, Murphy and Maynard to get the job done defensively.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Keep Moore down back. Would prefer to play Reef or AJ and let Cameron ruck 80% with a chop out from McStay

Steen has played against men before. I wonder if he could give us 8 to 10 minutes of ruck work a quarter. If we use Mcstay and mihocek is out our forward structure will fall apart.

If Checkers is out as well (is this confirmed?) then I'd be bringing in AJ and Reef and make Carmichael the sub

Play McStay as the forward/ruck. He's not bad at that role

I would've thought maybe Macrae as the sub this week but don't know much about VFL performances recently, just heard he had a good match last week.

I liked McStay as the second ruck (and first ruck when Big O went down) in last year's finals.
Fin spent most of preseason in rehab & was not long back into full training before last week's game, so I wouldn't think he'd be ready just yet. But yes, Dan was great for Lions in the finals last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back