Preview Collingwood v Richmond Friday 31 March, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame about Cox. Hopefully recovers soon.

Mihochek still a chance to play and think he gets named.

I think McInnes comes in either way. If only Cox is out then McStay can give Cameron a chop out in the ruck.

Scenario 1 -
IN: McInnes
OUT: Cox

SUB: Johnson/Carmichael

Scenario 2 -
INS: McInnes, Johnson
OUTS: Cox, Mihochek

SUB: Carmichael

If we were playing Carlton for example I’d be happy to play AJ as the second ruck against Silvagni but the tigs have that really tall new player (forgot his name) I’d still play AJ and put it on DC to play 90% game time and Billy take backline ruck duties, Dan forward line duties while DC has a bit of a break.

Steene to Debut with Cox out for a Bit?
They won't throw him to the wolves if they dont have to. Though he would be capable, probably more ready than Begg was last year; nonetheless, I don't think they'll do it this soon.

It's going to be an interesting game. Last year they showed they knew how to pull apart our defensive system - as it's basically their system that they train against. Lots of baulks - draw the defender forward and exploit the space he's come from (or the deeper space that they next line has rolled up from.) We were supposedly flat with the flu though. For me, it's a bit of a barometer of how exploitable our system is. I think it'll hold up.
I think the other element to it is that we’re better as a group than we were in early May 2022. I have more confidence it’ll hold up than this time last year, but I’m not there yet in terms of trusting this group. I really should because we’ve put in three bad ones in McRae’s time (v WC, WB and Richmond). Unfortunately the Buckley years scarred me way too much.

That feeling when you've read all the footy gossip, it's Thursday arvo, and you are keen for footy to start, but so anxious about the result you don't want to watch. We need a live chat feature around here. I feel like I'd be overloading the chat with my thoughts 🤣

Seems like the more injuries we get, the less it matters, and the more galvanised the group is under Fly. This mob has potential. Hopefully we continue to improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen Steene? He is built like a flagpole and barely out of nappies. Much better to go with an experienced player who can perform other roles as well.

Hope Cox is not going to be missing for 6 weeks. That's a long time and we are sure to have other injuries which will chip away at the side. Particularly hate him missing against Richmond after his final's performance against them in 2018.

A flagpole wearing nappies… that would be a goalpost!

aj and reef have to be the ins…

I’d prefer Johnson to be second ruck because in Mihoceks absence we need mcstay to mcstay forward. But both are options, in fact they could even share duties.

I would prefer a midfielder to be sub…. Which is a dilemma in itself. Ginni ( my preference) won’t be picked, macrae is recovering from injuries, and the first year players are first year players. Carmichael was the carryover last week so ideally needs four quarters.

So maybe Carmichael. Proven successful sub in 2022 and he can always back up Saturday if he doesn’t get enough tog

With the injury to Cox that certainly evens up the injuries to the two sides.You could even argue that we are worse off structurally than they are with a key defender,key forward,and ruckman missing from this game.Our big man strength is certainly going to be tested.

Talking about it definitely indicates a "lack" of obsession 🙄

2017 Tigers: "we won't be satisfied by a premiership until we play Collingwood in a final!"

2018 PF: "Tigers have injuries!"

Imagine living rent free in opposition supporters heads?

I think the other element to it is that we’re better as a group than we were in early May 2022. I have more confidence it’ll hold up than this time last year, but I’m not there yet in terms of trusting this group. I really should because we’ve put in three bad ones in McRae’s time (v WC, WB and Richmond). Unfortunately the Buckley years scarred me way too much.
Re:WB game….heard from inside the club that we were very sick (flu) going into that game. Good first 20 mins and then got blown away out of the midde would align with that.

Anyway, never sure whether to beleive it…but that’s what I was told ahead of the game from someone inside the four walls.

This games going to be red hot and will say a lot about how we are tracking. You know Tigers will always give the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back