Preview Collingwood v Richmond Friday 31 March, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm back on risking Mihocek. Richmond looks most vulnerable in defence and that was even before Broad got suspended. Tarrant is still out as well.

Grimes and Vlastuin are basically trying to carry rarest-skillset-Balta through whilst Rioli tries his best to mimic Nick Daicos up the ground.

Also, let's not forget that McStay very much helped end Richmond's season last year. Three cheers for Dan McStay.
We had 14 separate goal kickers last week, and 6 multiple goal scorers. Why risk Mihocek when he’s very clearly not our main, but one of many avenues to goal now?

I'm back on risking Mihocek. Richmond looks most vulnerable in defence and that was even before Broad got suspended. Tarrant is still out as well.

Grimes and Vlastuin are basically trying to carry rarest-skillset-Balta through whilst Rioli tries his best to mimic Nick Daicos up the ground.

Also, let's not forget that McStay very much helped end Richmond's season last year. Three cheers for Dan McStay.
Read Hip Hip Hooray GIF

We had 14 separate goal kickers last week, and 6 multiple goal scorers. Why risk Mihocek when he’s very clearly not our main, but one of many avenues to goal now?
We also have Johnson as a back up replacement, so there is no need to risk Mihochek with 2 capable forwards vying for his spot. Give him a rest. While we have decent depth, let's use it.

Cox is out injured Injury Update – Mason Cox

Hematoma! From Dr Google: 'The swelling and pain of the hematoma will go away. This takes from 1 to 4 weeks, depending on the size of the hematoma. The skin over the hematoma may turn bluish then brown and yellow as the blood is dissolved and absorbed. Usually, this only takes a couple of weeks but can last months.'

We are not looking quite so strong now. Cameron will need to play like he did last week, and Mihochek will become more of a loss than he might otherwise be with Cox's forward presence gone.

Might not be the worst idea to debut Steene or the give Begg a game.

Richmond’s 2nd ruck is likely Sampson Ryan.

We would need either of them just to compete and rest forward

Surely we'll be using McStay as second ruck. In which case, bring in Ash if its just Coxy missing. Bring in Reef as well if Checkers is missing too.
McStay thrives in these situations. We saw how well he played for Lions in the finals last year when he needed to go in the ruck & play that dual forward/ruck role when they had late outs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely we'll be using McStay as second ruck. In which case, bring in Ash if its just Coxy missing. Bring in Reef as well if Checkers is missing too.
With both Ash and Reef starting on the ground in place of Checkers and Cox, we start to look a bit iffy. If I was Catholic or Buddhist, I'd opt for a set of prayer beads to fondle during the game. Hopefully someone asks me to mind a cuddly sort of dog for the evening that I can stroke during the tenser moments. (I like to watch televised night games from the comfort of my armchair).

I'd use Johnson as second ruck. Otherwise when McStay is in the ruck, we'll be bombing to the hotspot with only Reef and Johnson to compete in the air.

In all seriousness Johnson in for Cox, McStay pinch hits.

If Mihocek misses, either McInnes starts on ground or Ginnivan gets called upon early.

Tom Wilson might be a good versatile sub.
I reckon Reef is now guaranteed to start.
Whether it changes their plans to ease Gin through the VFL or not, we'll see.

Imagine saying back in 2021, that in two years’ time Mason Cox named as an out would be a stressful change for the side. He’s been terrific in his role the last 15 or so games. McStay may have to pick up some minutes in ruck

Might not be the worst idea to debut Steene or the give Begg a game.

Richmond’s 2nd ruck is likely Sampson Ryan.

We would need either of them just to compete and rest forward
Steene? Cmon Chriso. Your preference for youth is almost getting disturbing. AJ and McStay can do a bit of pinch hitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back