List Mgmt. Blair Hartley Project 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
kerridge from the crows - trade for madonna if it comes to it?Pass. Has trouble staying on the park and he's a tagger isn't he?
bastinac from north - late first/early second or swap for vickery? Can't see norf taking Vickery (or anyone for that matter) but I'd like Bastinac if available. Would he want to leave a Prelim finallist?
mitchell from swans - secound rounder? Would love. Won't get. Plus 500k at a minimum and he wants to stay at Sydney. Goodes, McVeigh and McGlynn all close to the end and all play that mid/HFF position.
shiel from gws - would take the most. Agree we should be throwing the kitchen sink at him.
lonergan from gcs - late first early second Unsure.

try and hold onto conca as his place in the team will appear once a few are moved on come end of year.

I think whoever Hartley targets should be left alone as his recent track record has been terrible.... Chaplin, Hampson. 2 super spuds right there.

I'd be pissing Hartley off along with Hardwick.

Hamspon will be gone years end saving us some cash. Not sure when Chaplin's contract is up but we're nuts if we offer him another (so we probably will)

Go after one of the GWS kids - Shiel or Trelor, offer them big bucks and resign Rance.

This Club makes so many list management mistakes it's not even funny.
Wow

hard inside ball winners please. don't necessarily need a dangerfield. want to be able to release cotchin to play on the outside instead of having him under the packs all the time.
Yep 190cm + midfielder . Outside the square we should be targeting Clurey for this role . Elite tank who many may not know but has played midfield and forward . Is trying to be made into a kpd at port and I don't think will make it and be available at seasons end .
tigs2010 would appreciate your thoughts ?

How this guy has escape the criticism hardwick has received is beyond me...his recruitment record is worse than us under wallace
Recruitment manager is Francis Jackson.
Blair Hartley is list manager.

chaplain Pass big time
grigg Pass
edwards Fail
hampson Fills a need short term but needs to be replaced
pettard Pass so far
thomas Meh
knights Fail due to injury but no denying he's talented
miller Meh
lonergan Fail
etc

What you're not pointing out there is that the opportunity cost of that entire list is a second round draft pick and Andrew Collins.

If we were trading out high picks for limited players I'd understand your point, but they've all been rookies or FAs except Grigg and Hampson.

Nothing wrong with the strategy of rookie-ing players with attributes the team lacks.

You failed to mention Houli, Miles, Maric, Morris

Last edited:
free s**t is still s**t. all those players used up space on the list which could be developing the next macintosh, and most are still keeping guys like lennon, mcdonnough etc out of the side. what we have wasted is time and resources.
Have you noticed that now the drafts are not being dominated by GWS/GC the strategy has been to slow down on these types and draft youth again?
Pretty simple I would have thought. They weren't keeping younger players out of the side because there was nobody else worth playing. There is also no reason young players can't develop in the VFL for a time. That's what happens at the top clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

free s**t is still s**t. all those players used up space on the list which could be developing the next macintosh, and most are still keeping guys like lennon, mcdonnough etc out of the side. what we have wasted is time and resources.

It cost us more than that.

Pick 32 cost us Docherty.

Furthermore the improved experience on field for little long term gain could have cost us Stringer instead or a Macre instead of someone else and it flows through to second, third round picks etc...

If we did not get Chaplin we probably would not have got Hampson because would have had a better second round pick we would not be prepared to give away.

It all counts in the timing of building a premiership.

This is why St Kilda, and Bulldogs where a mile ahead in their strategy!

One can now ask what was the long term benefit of Miller to the forward line?

Where we better off with a draft pick or youngster?

Agree, and I would give new draftees another year or 2, with a higher sliding scale for wages.
3 year contract back ended might help with incentive to stay? Just a thought of the cuff.

There are two pretty obvious needs for our list at the end of this year.

A small forward and an inside mid. Another younger ruck would be handy too
Elliot and Sheil.
Only problem is both will require very good compensation.

Don't want elliot , we already have to many one dimesional players , whilst I wouldn't mind betting that Llyod averages more goals than him this year and beyond .
I too think Llyod will kick a good amount of goals.
Every intention of keeping him I just feel Elliot is a bit more mobile and can crumb the packs better than Llyod.

Elliot, Jack, Llyod
Deledio, Griffiths, Mid/Vickery.

Elliot is an upgrade on Morris.

If we only had one trade I would go Elliot over Sheil for the only reason that there are no small forwards as free agents.

Dream:
Danger FA
Kruezer FA
Elliot trade

Not so bad:
Selwood FA
Kruezer FA
Elliot trade.

If we do get Sheil which dont get me wrong I will ******* be stoked with. What other options do we have for a second ruck and a small forward?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back