Preview R4 St Kilda v Carlton @ Wellington NZ 1:10pm local time (11.10am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw that, he's probably a bit lucky he didn't even get a fine or anything.
In my (admittedly bias) opinion, there was nothing in it really. Was just Goddard carrying on that he'd had his head taken off that it was even looked at. Down field free kick was about right.

Can i safely assume the conditions are likely to be wet and greasy? I reckon we will really struggle again this week.

In my (admittedly bias) opinion, there was nothing in it really. Was just Goddard carrying on that he'd had his head taken off that it was even looked at. Down field free kick was about right.

Can i safely assume the conditions are likely to be wet and greasy? I reckon we will really struggle again this week.

I don't think he SHOULD have been looked at, but geez, the last 12 months any bump contact that slips above the shoulders and the MRP have been ruthless.

I reckon it will be pretty wet and greasy. FWIW I think we will also struggle again this week.

I don't think he SHOULD have been looked at, but geez, the last 12 months any bump contact that slips above the shoulders and the MRP have been ruthless.

I reckon it will be pretty wet and greasy. FWIW I think we will also struggle again this week.
Oh good, could be a 0-0 draw then :D:cry:

Hopefully it's at least a good quality game, whatever the result. I won't hold my breath though.

Dunstan looks like missing according to the injury thread (hamstring)...

All the more reason for Minchington to be rewarded for his VFL form IMO.

The conditions are likely to be greasy, so little blokes will be handy and I'd be cautious with Lonie's knee; Saunders has been in decent form in the 2s.

Saad is on notice for failing to produce, but he does have the necessary dash to unnerve Carlscum's small defenders.

Finally, I'm not sure I'd risk Roo, and maybe not Joey either, so;

OUT: Dunstan (inj.), Lonie
IN: Minchington, Saunders

FB: Dempster - Delaney - Geary
HB: Savage - Fisher - Wright
CR: Roberton - Armitage - Newnes
HF: Schneider - Bruce - Billings
FF: Saad - McCartin - Membrey
RK: Longer - Weller - Steven
IC: Minchington Sinclair Shenton
Sub: Saunders

Safe would be Steven, Savage, Dunstan, Geary, Billings, Newnes, Roberton, Armitage, Delaney, Dempster, Fisher, Bruce, Membrey, Sinclair & Weller.

Not safe are Schneider, Saad, Lonie, Longer, Wright, Shenton & McCartin.

Lee seems to be playing in defence, so if Riewoldt isn't right the only replacement I see for McCartin would be Hickey to see if the two rucks can play together.

Minchington is certainly putting pressure on Saad & Schneider, while Lonie may be injured.

Wright needs a full game, and Shenton wasn't as good as other weeks.

Possible ins: Hickey, Minchington, Montagna, Webster, Acres.
Agree with all of those, but leave Paddy in, he'll find his way.

How the F#@K did Gibbs get off ?
Looking on the bright side both Yarran and Gibbs did to Essendope what every AFL supporter wanted to do :mad:

Looking on the bright side both Yarran and Gibbs did to Essendope what every AFL supporter wanted to do :mad:
Are you serious? There was absolutely nothing in what Gibbs did. It was given as a down the field free kick and that's all it deserved. If players start missing games for stuff like that then my interest in AFL will diminish quickly.

Are you serious? There was absolutely nothing in what Gibbs did. It was given as a down the field free kick and that's all it deserved. If players start missing games for stuff like that then my interest in AFL will diminish quickly.
Haha to be honest i only wanted him out for our game .
Guess we will unleash the MAV instead , either way he's DOOMED ! ;)

Was a dog hit, made no attempt to get low, stuck his arm out and was never going to impact the kick. Not too surprised though, this is what happens when you have a boys club in charge of the MRP.

Was a dog hit, made no attempt to get low, stuck his arm out and was never going to impact the kick. Not too surprised though, this is what happens when you have a boys club in charge of the MRP.
Didnt look great , 1 week wouldve been good :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Dunstan a confirmed out? FFS.

In: Webster, Montagna.

Out: Dunstan, Shenton.

I've waited long enough for the Savage-Webster HB combo. If Montagna isn't ready then Acres for mine.

Dunstan looks like missing according to the injury thread (hamstring)...

All the more reason for Minchington to be rewarded for his VFL form IMO.

The conditions are likely to be greasy, so little blokes will be handy and I'd be cautious with Lonie's knee; Saunders has been in decent form in the 2s.

Saad is on notice for failing to produce, but he does have the necessary dash to unnerve Carlscum's small defenders.

Finally, I'm not sure I'd risk Roo, and maybe not Joey either, so;

OUT: Dunstan (inj.), Lonie
IN: Minchington, Saunders

FB: Dempster - Delaney - Geary
HB: Savage - Fisher - Wright
CR: Roberton - Armitage - Newnes
HF: Schneider - Bruce - Billings
FF: Saad - McCartin - Membrey
RK: Longer - Weller - Steven
IC: Minchington Sinclair Shenton
Sub: Saunders

What about only going the one tall, Bruce. Membrey play a small CHF and go small forward line if it's wet and greasy. Bring in Minch, Curren & Saunders for Dunstan, McCartin and Lonie perhaps?

Armo has been ;) Geary well.....yeah nah

Armo is a proven mid.

Geary is a small backman and that is it.

If Dunstan is out, geeze our midfied will be thin.

I would probably go for the Minch at present who has been in good form. Possibly Saunders. Club will probably go for Curren.

I am not sure that Acres has been doing enough, though he has shown some promise.

For the Blues game I think Billings will need to be given the chlalenge of player more time in the midfield.

Webster could be a chance, but lacks match practice at present.

Dunstan injured, still no Seb, Lenny retired, it's time...
These two to lead the midfield...

Sorry mate, I couldn't disagree more. Geary does not have the class necessary for an outside mid, and I'm not even sure how he would be at clearance work as an inside mid so I really don't think that will work. There is a lot to be said for leadership, but I think leadership for leadership sake doesn't necessarily work.

Armo is a proven mid.

Geary is a small backman and that is it.

If Dunstan is out, geeze our midfied will be thin.

I would probably go for the Minch at present who has been in good form. Possibly Saunders. Club will probably go for Curren.

I am not sure that Acres has been doing enough, though he has shown some promise.

For the Blues game I think Billings will need to be given the chlalenge of player more time in the midfield.

Webster could be a chance, but lacks match practice at present.

Hey, if we all agreed it would be pretty vanilla.

He could do it IMO, has done before when needed.

Can't leave the babes in there to play Murphy and co back into form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back