Preview R4 St Kilda v Carlton @ Wellington NZ 1:10pm local time (11.10am AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

The sooner we have this, the better..

FB: Wright, Delaney, Goddard
HB: Webster, Fisher, Savage
R: Longer, Armitage, Dunstan
C: Steven, Sinclair, Roberton
HF: Billings, Riewoldt, Montagna
FF: Bruce, McCartin, Lonie
IC: Acres, Newnes, Weller, Lottery

The sooner we have this, the better..

FB: Wright, Delaney, Goddard
HB: Webster, Fisher, Savage
R: Longer, Armitage, Dunstan
C: Steven, Sinclair, Roberton
HF: Billings, Riewoldt, Montagna
FF: Bruce, McCartin, Lonie
IC: Acres, Newnes, Weller, Lottery

No Membrey, no Dempster?

Anyway, small ground.
McCartin to stay in,
Monty back in, Sinclair's knee an issue? Hope not,
Saad surely on thin line with Lonnie and Sinclair there as well.

I wouldn't make too many changes, players need time together to jell. All the calls for resting players are stupid, surely coaches and fitness staff are better placed to make that call.

Looking forward to seeing J Webster back in the side. I reckon he could be the best of the lot of them.
Question, do you all think that the club thinks that McCartin has passed Spencer White already?

Wright into the 22, I asked nicely last week.

He's hungry.

Lonie might be sore?

Webster in hopefully.

Paddy not ready, Roo not going to be ready.

Hickey? Rotate him through forward line?

Depends greatly on Sandy on sunday but...

Out: Lonie (might be rested if that knee is still funny), McCartin (like Billing's debut, needs that VFL time) Shenton (look, he does okay and is a decent backup player but if Webster plays well sunday then he is in)

In: Webster(See above) Acres (if he plays well) and Lee (depends on how he plays sunday)

What is starting to annoy me is that whenever we lose, people are going to want Shenton out of the team.

I gave him a right serve on here when he turned it over a few times in RD1 that lead to goals. However in RD2 and 3 he's been good and he won't be dropped.

He's a really good defender and works really hard.

He had 10 1%'s tonight. Next closest had 6.

He's being careful with his kicks now and recognising his limits. 15 touches (including 8 contested) and went at nearly 80% DE.

Not many players I prefer to be in a high ball 1 on 1 and gives his all.

I'll be very very very surprised if Cam goes out this week.

Our pressure was deplorable tonight and he was one of the ones who was still applying it.

*Not trying to have a go at you, nuts, but I knew if we lost people would call for Shenton when he was quite good.

What I do understand is that people prefer Webster over Shenton but again I'll be very surprised if he goes out.

*Not trying to have a go at you, nuts, but I knew if we lost people would call for Shenton when he was quite good.

What I do understand is that people prefer Webster over Shenton but again I'll be very surprised if he goes out.
I didnt think Shenton played that badly or anything, but who else is going to come out if Webster is ready? Shenton isnt a bad player but he is still a depth player at this stage and neither praise nor criticism is going to change that.

I didnt think Shenton played that badly or anything, but who else is going to come out if Webster is ready? Shenton isnt a bad player but he is still a depth player at this stage and neither praise nor criticism is going to change that.

Yep fair enough. I think others are quite hard on Cam though. Understandably after RD1, but been good since.

I listed my proposed changes above.

I'd push Geary/Savage up the ground to make room for Jimmy down back.

I'd also bring in Hickey for Billy.

So;

In; Hickey, Webster, Montagna, Acres
Out; Saad, Lonie, Longer, McCartin

I think it's okay going in with one less tall in NZ, both years it's been very dewy and playing with a forward line mixing of

Membery/Bruce/Sinclair/Billings/Schneider/Acres/Montanga will work okay.

Obviously ideally Volt comes up and if that's the case probably gets the nod ahead of Acres.

I think DMac is probably in the mix as well depending on his performance this week.

Really hope Dmac has another good game this weekend and puts his hand up for this game.

Along with Temps, Jweb, hicks and acres. (Maybe just all our players playing in the reserves!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As many have said sunday will dictate a lot. Right now I hope to see:

Out: Lonie (inj/rest), McCartin (needs more time in vfl), Shenton (have 1 too many small defenders with Wright playing)
In: Curren (stiff to be dropped anyway), White (hope he kicks a few on sunday and a better option than Lee IMO), Montagna (need experience in if its available)

Sub: Curren

Imagine if Ross, Web, Murdoch weren't injured.

Especially Ross, with the retirement of Len, it was bad timing for him and us to lose another inside mid.

Webster and Simpkin both back and should be fit given injuries saw them still able to run etc.

I hope we play 2 rucks vs Carlton.

Its time to experiment, not sit back and simply pump games into kids.

Out
McCartin - Development
Lonie - Inj
Longer - Rest - He looked stuffed at the end of last night.

In
Curren
Eli
Hickey

Eli as sub.

Saw Shenton run under the ball a couple times live last night and just do things that weren't AFL standard, so I'm not that keen on him. Having said that, Geary and Dempster particuarly made terrible errors more than once last night so he's not alone.

IN: Montagna, Hickey, Webster
OUT: Lonie, Longer, Shenton

If the club feels McCartin isn't ready I wouldn't mind plonking Billings in the forward line and having him and Membrey as the support to Bruce at FF. Whether that would work though is another story... Need some more class down back, Shent is unlucky but I think Dempster/Geary/Fisher/Delaney will get a free pass.

Saw Shenton run under the ball a couple times live last night and just do things that weren't AFL standard, so I'm not that keen on him. Having said that, Geary and Dempster particuarly made terrible errors more than once last night so he's not alone.

It went in there 77 times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back