2nds Northern Blues 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if Isaac Smith was injured at all at the start of 2011, but it took him until round 13 to cement a spot in the Hawks' seniors.

Big physical step up from the lower leagues to the AFL. Even though he's a first round mature draft pick, this is still a developmental year for Boekhurst. If he's not playing footy in the second half of the year, however, you can come at me and my Rogers lovefest bros. But looking at Cripps and Menzel, I'm going to trust he got this one right too.

Great post.. I'd much rather BB make his debut with Yazz in the same 22. It will just make it so much easier for him to adjust to AFL footy.

Harker, Whiley has obviously racked up a lot of possessions but how many involved running away from stoppages or spreading from the contest?

We smashed the Bombers in contested ball, so I'm hoping he's got some legs.

Whiley seems to have good vision, from what one could glean from Saturdays showing.
Seemed confident in holding the ball until he found the best option but this is the reserves.

He's another along with Cripps, Byrne, and Sheehan, in that the bigger stage won't spook him and that alone may be a good reason why he'll be introduced sooner than later.................then again he is 22 years of age............Keep forgetting.

Whiley seems to have good vision, from what one could glean from Saturdays showing.
Seemed confident in holding the ball until he found the best option but this is the reserves.

He's another along with Cripps, Byrne, and Sheehan, in that the bigger stage won't spook him and that alone may be a good reason why he'll be introduced sooner than later.................then again he is 22 years of age............Keep forgetting.

That is great news that Whiley looks the goods. Can never have enough contested ball wining mids.
He will give good support to players like Cripps Carrazzo Judd and Gibbs on the inside.

He also seems to be a bit of a accumulator. Someone capable of getting plenty of possessions consistently.

Hi,

I always like to keep an eye on former Swans, I was wondering how Matt Dick is going so far?

Looked capable at times through the pre-season and can be clever with the ball but just doesn't seem to get involved often enough.....yet.

Was beaten on the weekend and had little chance to really show his dash through his first real hit-out. Early days, isn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick listed him as 1 of 3 candidates to replace Yarran.
That was what prompted my question, I thought he may have done something amazing on the weekend to warrant selection.

So the Magoos can't kick straight either. Great.

I wonder if Knockers has ever racked up 20 touches before? I still have his file stamped though.

It's Looking like we will have a few of the Carlton boys not playing this week due to players going into the League side with no replacements coming back so will be a massive test for the team, also a good challenge

Port Melbourne vs. Northern Blues
Saturday, Apr 25
North Port Oval at 2.00pm

Northern Blues

B Holman Fields Gowers
HB Dick Jaksch McGuinness
C Viojo Graham Smith
HF Walsh Watson Bransgrove
F Wilson Foster Totevski
R Warnock Wilkinson Tutt

Int Walton Cattapan Perry* Murray Strachan Bolger Russell Dirago Johnston (?)

Wow........Looking a little thin this week and is that our Johnson or has he injured himself also.?

EDIT: It's not our Johnson, so he may have injured himself at training this week also...................just keeps getting better.

I understand that we were going to post all things leading into the Northern Blues game on the main board until after the game where it was to be transferred into its stand alone thread................so:

Saturday, Apr 25

Northern Blues

B Holman Fields Gowers
C Viojo Graham Smith
F Wilson Foster Totevski
R Warnock Wilkinson Tutt

Wow........Looking a little thin this week and is that our Johnson or has he injured himself also.?

EDIT: It's not our Johnson, so he may have injured himself at training this week also...................just keeps getting better.

Saturday, Apr 25

Northern Blues

B Holman Fields Gowers
C Viojo Graham Smith
F Wilson Foster Totevski
R Warnock Wilkinson Tutt

Tutt is in the senior side & the NB team on the VFL's twitter feed includes Johnson instead of Tutt.

Fields has been performing better and better as games go so will be interesting to see if he can have a blinder and maybe sneak a game in before KJ while Jamo is suspect.

Gowers probably had a slower build up than I thought, hasn't really shown too much to get excited about other than being a well liked character around the club. Rainbow on the other hand oozes class, think he and Clem on a win each will be very exciting to watch.

Foster needs to support Watson up forward as the melon was probably unfairly mauled last week by multiple opponents and bad options from teammates. Surprised Armitage isn't playing, bit of Tom Wilson about him, looked a level above the rest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back