Autopsy Round 7 vs Cats. Three things you learnt

Remove this Banner Ad

1. The AFL God is still looking down upon us ... injury wise !
2. Luke Parker is as valuable to us as Fyfe is to Freo.
3. Getting better :)

We may not be at our best, but I certainly see the intent there so I have faith that if we're good enough we'll win it. Hawthorn & freo the only teams standing in our way at.

Goodes had his best game so far and seemed quite mobile. Me may be getting back to his best

Parker was amazing, he's officially back to his best.

Mitchell in means our mids get to spend more time forward. And they can cause damage up there. There's absolutely no drawback having him in the team. Horse got this one wrong but no harm done.

There's something that's not quite right. It doesn't appear as though our team equals the sum of its parts. We have guns and quality all across the park. But the game's not playing out like that. Can't put my finger on it. Perhaps it's a case of us settling into our game plan

Was Mcveigh alright after getting hit by Stevie J?
It looked a very low blow and was nowhere near the ball (pardon the pun)

1) You can beat a side by 40 points (which would've been 50+ if not for stupid 50m penalties) and most fans bigfooty will still seem to regard it as a bad game.

EFA

I think most fans would enjoy what was a solid win against a decent side.

1. Buddy up the ground is really making us less predictable going forward, we lowered ours eyes more. Sure it wasn't perfect but you can't expect a complete turnaround in one game. It was an improvement.

2. We are at our best and most potent when our midfielders kick goals, moar of Parker and JPK in the forwardline plz (thanks for making that possible Tom).

3. McVeigh back is providing some stability back there. Also feel that Laidler is emerging as one of our cooler heads in defence.

3a. gotta mention Jetta, he is having a real influence in games atm and his pressure is getting better too.

Anyone think the focus was clearly different from the start in ball movement quick trying to create Overlap get it forward quick

Bit to tidy up with fwd entries

Jack forward was ok

Reid lifted later showed what he could be if he can somehow be good v hawthorn we will win

Goodes on reflection was honestly pretty good

But i dont see his defence on tv as much but i think he moved thr best he has all year

1. Not always putting teams away is not such a bad thing. We learnt how to win close H & A games under Roos, very rarely did we put teams away and it became part of the Swans DNA. Long may it continue, we get primed for finals.

2. Previous poster mentioned Rampe's enthusiasm. Agreed it is currently leading to errors and unnecessary frees against.

3. Parker's set shots were gun barrel straight. Loved it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. We are building. Had an average 1st half but improved. We are building

2. Mitchell makes us more versatile in the centre. Gives guys like Parker a chance to go forward and it paid well

3. We can't have more handballs than kicks again.

1. You silly silly match committee. The name is Tom Mitchell. Just write his name down and move on.

2. Goodes is getting picked on past performance. He is getting games gifted. Thought we didnt do that, you earned it or something, see point 1. Sure, he can do the odd thing and play a good quarter but a lot of his action these days involves falling down around a contest or being treated disrespecfully and being run off and left alone. Straight line is ok, agility is shot. Time to move on.

3. Gary Rohan needs a memo. Please stop creaming the best players in our side particular when they are Franklin and JPK. Please don't kill Parker next Gary, ok mate?

4. The difference between our good, bad and average is ridiculous. We really need to learn to be more consistent.

5. We actually looked better when we went balls to the wall and kicked to contests. At least it was fun and less frustrating.

6. Luke Parker. Just Luke Parker. Welcome back. It was awesome.

1. You silly silly match committee. The name is Tom Mitchell. Just write his name down and move on.

2. Goodes is getting picked on past performance. He is getting games gifted. Thought we didnt do that, you earned it or something, see point 1. Sure, he can do the odd thing and play a good quarter but a lot of his action these days involves falling down around a contest or being treated disrespecfully and being run off and left alone. Straight line is ok, agility is shot. Time to move on.

3. Gary Rohan needs a memo. Please stop creaming the best players in our side particular when they are Franklin and JPK. Please don't kill Parker next Gary, ok mate?

4. The difference between our good, bad and average is ridiculous. We really need to learn to be more consistent.

5. We actually looked better when we went balls to the wall and kicked to contests. At least it was fun and less frustrating.

6. Luke Parker. Just Luke Parker. Welcome back. It was awesome.

Its amazing that guys like luke parker can have games like that and priddis can win a brownlow. Priddis doesnt have that much influence in 3 games

Parker will become the best #40 draft pick in history. How every club passed over him multiple times is beyond me! Easy to say in hindsight, I guess. He's fast becoming my favourite opposition player, despite destroying us last night.
Too slow apparently for most clubs. I've read Essendon looked at him, but went with Ariel Steinberg with their second round pick.

Parker dodged a bullet there.

3. Mitch Duncan's injury seems to be largely ignored in the review. It was the key turning point for me. Geelong were on tonight. Swans were lucky.

2. Parker is finally shaking off the rd 1 concussion. A concussed player's match timings go completely out the window for the following 3-5 weeks. Excellent players become serviceable. Serviceable players become liabilities. Thankfully Parker is in the first bracket. Really need to question whether is worth playing a concussed player the following week at all.

1. Mitchell over Bird. This is really the equation. Bird's pretty reliable, but can't seem impact like Mitchell can. Mitchell's numbers are better, but in the end it may come down to who can make better decisions and has better disposal. They're both pretty even in this regard, but Mitchell's winning far more hard balls and racking bigger tackle numbers. That's means Bird's left now to cover injuries - he's a depth player.

Too slow apparently for most clubs. I've read Essendon looked at him, but went with Ariel Steinberg with their second round pick.

Parker dodged a bullet there.
Who!? Sounds like a type of Word font.

Ah, the old chestnut of "lacking pace"... don't you just love it? What are we drafting kids to do, play footy or compete in a 50 metre relay team? All things being equal, pace is desirable. But there's no point being first to the contest if you aren't effective with the pill. Footballers win games of footy, not athletes.

As for Bombers reportedly being into him, well that's too bad. It sucks to be them as he'd have been a real shot in the arm to their midfield.;)

Parker will become the best #40 draft pick in history. How every club passed over him multiple times is beyond me! Easy to say in hindsight, I guess. He's fast becoming my favourite opposition player, despite destroying us last night.

I had to check, but no clash with Goodes who went #43 :). Think he has that number locked up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back