Bumped Malthouse...Foxtel interview and more (latest post #1509)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bang a gong, it is on!!! Announcement is imminent, goddamn the old Salty Malty has gone out swinging. Ah the schadenfreude :D:thumbsu:
MM in part:
"Good boards stay sound. Boards crack under pressure, and the first thing that goes is the coach because it relieves a bit of the pressure," he said. "They beat their chest and they've made a decision and they move on.
"Very few of them [mid-season coaching changes] ever work, but I dare say that people will quote the ones that do work."
:p

Do you Believe the Ambulance Chaser?

Why would they vote now and wait 2 Weeks?
Micks interview on the radio this morning has made his position untenable. The Carlton board has no choice but to make their decision immediately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone put 'Carlton's Premiership Clock' on this image?

View attachment 137929

Asking for a friend.

Your visual arts choices far surpass your musical selections. :thumbsu:

Mick deliberately put himself outside the circle of trust. He just can't help himself. We couldn't have written a better exit script for him. The Lord preparest a feast for Collingwood in the presence of our enemies. :):p:D

It occurs to me now that MM and Collingwood are friends again

I am working on the basis of your enemys enemy is your friend

The club will get very sentimental and mawkish about Mick now as Ed has suggested recently. Don't imagine it would be so if Carlton were winning. The mess that is Carlton affords them that opportunity and that's fine, in fact expected from the club.

But the 3 years of internecine s**t that resulted from his curmudgeony departure was absolute poison and I for one won't be shedding any crocodile tears after this.

Your visual arts choices far surpass your musical selections. :thumbsu:

Mick deliberately put himself outside the circle of trust. He just can't help himself. We couldn't have written a better exit script for him. The Lord preparest a feast for Collingwood in the presence of our enemies. :):p:D

Wasn't sure whether to like or not given your muddled reference to my musical prowess. But I realised your musical tastes were punishment enough for you, you crazy Irish sausage.

Has he ever left a club on good terms? Got a feeling WCE were quite annoyed when he jumped to Collingwood. What about the Dogs when he went to West Coast?

The club will get very sentimental and mawkish now as Ed has suggested recently. Don't imagine it would be so if Carlton were winning. The mess that is Carlton affords them that opportunity and that's fine, in fact expected from the club.

But the 3 years of internecine s**t that resulted from his curmudgeony departure was absolute poison and I for one won't be shedding any crocodile tears after this.
Nor I, just laughing away, tongue in cheek.

Too early for olive branches for MM, he left us as a destabiliser so isn't welcome currently. He did make up a little though by turning into such a spectacular agitator and destabiliser at Carlton. The Daisy and Cam Wood decisions havent hurt his cause with us either.

Has he ever left a club on good terms? Got a feeling WCE were quite annoyed when he jumped to Collingwood. What about the Dogs when he went to West Coast?

You're the hammer or the anvil in the world of coaching. Someone is either getting smashed or smashing someone else. No-one gets out of coaching alive. Mick was just lucky to get 2 x decade tenures at clubs resourced to the eyeballs. He's done okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back