Play Nice Adam Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia is a racist country - fact. The booing of Adam Goodes is a manifestation of the casual racism & tall-poppy syndrome (that is another matter in itself) in Australia. I have no doubt that you casual racists boo him because you think he is a tosser, what concerns me is why you think he is a tosser...

Indigenous man takes pride in his heritage and does a traditional war-cry tribute and a concerning amount of people scream "flog". People, try and dress that up any way other for me...
I call him a flog because he is an arrogant opinionated flog. It's got nothing to do with race precious

Pretty sure we just witnessed a well thought out political statement rather than a reaction to to some opposition fans booing him there. Its no coincidence that this is Indigenous round. I think Adam wants to be remembered with the likes of Nicky Winmar for an iconic aboriginal statement more than anything else.

I asked earlier why others thought he was booed, because I was not even remotely convinced it was racially motivated.
He answered my question tonight. It is not, at least from the booing fans POV.
It's because he is infatuated with himself.
I think he actively courts the attention.
A really bad look to be honest and disappointing, though I'll be very surprised if there is anything but excuses made for him in the media.

Yes it was tribal/war dance, meant as a challenge or the reaction to a challenge. But if you're intimidated by that sitting in the crowd with a bunch of other people, you have issues.
What "Challenge" could the Carlton cheer squad possibly have raised?? Take you red and white glasses off for two seconds. At the end of the day there are better ways for a champion of the game to celebrate his heritage in indigenous round..

Kind of, if tonight he had played a massive game, it might have been seen as a big statement at the start of a round of footy which is suppose to celebrate the contribution made by a number of Aboriginal players, instead the footy media will focus on his little dance.

24 possies (7 contested), 9 marks, 2 goals. I think he's doing ok. Certainly one of the better players out there.

Kind of, if tonight he had played a massive game, it might have been seen as a big statement at the start of a round of footy which is suppose to celebrate the contribution made by a number of Aboriginal players, instead the footy media will focus on his little dance.
Think the one thing we can agree on is his dance was a thing but little. If that is what in your heart you wanted from Goodes than don't worry, he would have made a lot of Indigenous people proud tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, your certainly in the minority here with your opinion. I know what racism is, I grew up being called a wog, but I have to strongly disagree with you here..
A) Probably a good thing on Big Footy.
B) Great, but still no actual argument is being presented here...

So people have no free will to choose to boo a bloke because they hate they way he carries on on the field, it simply must be racism.

I genuinely know he has been booed frequently well before the incident in 2013 because I've booed him myself before then. I booed him for being a massive flog, just as I booed Didak, Aker, Thomas, etc.

Of course there are a number of fans who have booed him for that kind of thing. But to say a much, much larger number just really amazingly coincidentally decided to start booing him en masse immediately after he did what he did two years ago is a bit of a stretch.

What "Challenge" could the Carlton cheer squad possibly have raised?? Take you red and white glasses off for two seconds. At the end of the day there are better ways for a champion of the game to celebrate his heritage in indigenous round..

Um, the booing, the jeering, etc. And it's still not intimidating to someone sitting in a crowd of people. I'm not sure you'll ever get it though.

Think the one thing we can agree on is his dance was a thing but little. If that is what in your heart you wanted from Goodes than don't worry, he would have made a lot of Indigenous people proud tonight.

You are misinterpreting what I mean by little, it was a little dance as in it was less than 10 seconds.

Is creating an issue out of nothing the same as raising awareness for something?
that's hardly the manner to create awareness. as it's shown tonight it just incites anger. End of the day, which ever way you look at it, it's put a negative edge too what is really meant to be a positive weekend

Yes it was tribal/war dance, meant as a challenge or the reaction to a challenge. But if you're intimidated by that sitting in the crowd with a bunch of other people, you have issues.
It doesn't matter whether or not someone was actually "intimidated" by it. If it hadn't been directed at a section of the crowd in such an aggressive manner then it would have been fine.

Perhaps someone said something to him but it was still over the top.

Guess what Adam I'm a Hawks supporter that booed you - because you're a whinger and a sook.
I also booed Buddy for his defection to the Cola kings.
Funny i also booed JPK and McGlynn for the same defection.
But because i booed you I'm a racist. Just another reason to boo you.
Plenty of players get booed you're the only sook to sook about it.

For lack of a better word i have used 'white' but user it to highlight a point.
If a player of 'white' heritage performed a 'white' war dance on the field would that be racist?
If it is how then is what Goodes did not racist?

Reverse racism?

1. No. It wouldn't be racist
2. It wasn't racist

l 28111"]that's hardly the manner to create awareness. as it's shown tonight it just incites anger. End of the day, which ever way you look at it, it's put a negative edge too what is really meant to be a positive weekend[/QUOTE]
So Indigenous Aussie can only make statements that are socially sanctioned by us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back