Play Nice Adam Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that Goodes wasn't booed for the first 300 odd games of his career- but after he started becoming extremely active speaking about racism and after he called out that Collingwood fan for calling him a gorilla it has now become a regular occurrence.

But of course racism has absolutely nothing at all to do with it. Not one skerrick of racism involved. Nope. Nothing. Not a bit.
You mean when he pointed the finger at a 13 year old girl who called him an ape? (not gorilla). And how he didn't show an ounce of regret about how he handled things afterwards? and how in his Australian of the Year speech, he said something along the lines of "remember, this is our land, we were here first"?

If you could remove your head from the extreme-left mindset, you might've figured out that he's getting booed for the way he handled things, and not because of his skin colour.

So your admitting the war cry was made up 2 years ago and hasn't been performed by IA for 60,000 years.

I don't profess to be an expert on Aboriginal/IA culture
and from what little i know they were never an overly aggressive and war like culture.
All their traditional weaponry is about performing the best methods of hunter gatherers for their environment and not for killing other humans.
Thus i question the appropriateness of something that was made up by a group of 16 year old boys because they are a bit jealous when they saw someone else, who it was traditional for, perform their war cry before a game and thought how cool it would be to do or own.

We go to great lengths on ANZAC day to make sure we don't represent the game as being like war.
Yet Goodes performing a war cry, and made running in the direction of opposition fans, that is clearly not a tradition is all ok as somehow this made up dance is now representative of IA culture .
You don't say...

The ignorance is strong in this one.

We're not. We're acting like he's a current footballer drawing a really disproportionate reaction to his actions.
Like Hayden Ballantyne? Or Brent Harvey?

Why aren't journalists outraged about that?

This must've outraged you then

williams.jpg
By Christ! How dare you shoot an arrow into the air!

i think there's an element of racism towards goodes from some, but i think the main reason people boo him is because he's outspoken on confronting social issues seen as almost a political activist. similar to harry o. bit of tall poppy as well

i'm just trying to think of a similar outspoken player that was white, to see if there is any racism, if you get what i mean

Like Hayden Ballantyne? Or Brent Harvey?

Why aren't journalists outraged about that?
Probably because there hasn't been a significant rise in venom against those two after they made statements about Australia's history with the indigenous people.

You mean when he pointed the finger at a 13 year old girl who called him an ape? (not gorilla). And how he didn't show an ounce of regret about how he handled things afterwards? and how in his Australian of the Year speech, he said something along the lines of "remember, this is our land, we were here first"?

If you could remove your head from the extreme-left mindset, you might've figured out that he's getting booed for the way he handled things, and not because of his skin colour.

Ok - ape not gorilla - and of course he knew exactly how old she was when he did it.

My god some people talk s#it in their defence of what is obvious to all with brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of his motivation, why Carlton? Why tonight?

We were already 40pts down with no hope. There'd been no angst from the crowd that I could see - Carlton's supporter base is flat as flat in Melbourne, let alone the few that show up in Sydney. Carlton has had its own worries with discrimination over the years due to its large ethnic make-up, and has been pretty proactive in accepting indigenous players for decades.

On face value, everything about this stinks. There was no need for it.

Maybe it was an ironic dance, intended to illustrate to whitey Carlton fans what it's like to be oppressed?

Probably because there hasn't been a significant rise in venom against those two after they made statements about Australia's history with the indigenous people.
You're incredibly ignorant if you think that's the sole reason he cops abuse.

Or maybe Goodes, Franklin and Jetta should've all done something together....but Goodes wouldn't want that....no no no it's all about him

That would have frightened me even more. One indigenous person exhibiting cultural pride is enough of a challenge for my fragility, let alone three! I would have had to have a stroke, or at least called my local member.

Ok - ape not gorilla - and of course he knew exactly how old she was when he did it.

My god some people talk s#it in their defence of what is obvious to all with brain.

Nice to see you were too superficial to read past the first sentence of my post- like a true social justice warrior, through and through!

You're incredibly ignorant if you think that's the sole reason he cops abuse.
There's nothing I've said in this thread or any other that could lead a reasonable person to believe that I think it's the only reason he gets booed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back