Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Loved Robbo's game on the weekend, think that was his best so far.
By a considerable margin. The test will be for him and others to back it up with another strong effort against the Bombres.

I thought Robbo was going to have to get the fend off out of his game at senior level because the standard of tackling is so much better. But instead, he uses it to change direction by bouncing away from the tackler and into space. In tight, that buys him a half second to throw the ball on his foot.

Last year when people were discussing who would be the #1 pick someone mentioned Robertson. He wasn't but the fact that he was even mentioned in the context of the #1 pick is interesting.

Not a cracker of a game, but what you might expect of a bloke learning the trade.

A contributor with a bit of impact. What with this bloke and Mitch R we're developing a bit of don't argue. An ingredient we've sadly been lacking since the heyday of Martin Pike.

Coming along nicely.

His kicking was woeful early, but I thought he improved it as the game went on. Promising signs...I would like to see him get a long stint in the seniors and see how he can develop

Only injury will see him out of the team; adds a great POD to our team. Another pre-season into him and he'll be thrown to the centre square rotations on a more regular basis too :thumbsu:

Robertson playing it tough, playing to win with Lions

NICK Robertson is a laid-back kind of character, but brings the kind of intensity to a game Brisbane Lions coach Justin Leppitsch and captain Tom Rockliff are asking for.

As Gold Coast halfback Trent McKenzie found out in round five, the 20-year-old from West Australia doesn't mind a scrap on the field, thriving in the heat of battle.

"Rocky always addresses the playing group about having the hunger and desire to win," Robertson told APN yesterday.

9-2809904-ssh_robertson22_t460.jpg

Happy Birthday to my boy for tomorrow!! 20 years old!
Send him a tweet boys and girls if you get a chance @nichrobbo
I know he'll appreciate it very much!!

Let him know all us Lions supporters are right behind him and love his efforts on the field!

Happy Birthday to my boy for tomorrow!! 20 years old!
Send him a tweet boys and girls if you get a chance @nichrobbo
I know he'll appreciate it very much!!

Can't believe he is only 20...he is going to be a diamond for the Lions. His improvement has been extraordinary and he looks set for a long career at the highest level. Well done on the genetics Dad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nicks home on Wednesday night till Sunday arvo which will be nice. Got a nasty cork on the weekend so he's looking forward to some relaxation for a few days. Doing a footy clinic for the under 13s at his old junior club and a sports talk at Tinekas Dads School. As a Dad it's great to see him wanting to share his experiences with others back home.
Looking forward to having him home!!

Nicks home on Wednesday night till Sunday arvo which will be nice. Got a nasty cork on the weekend so he's looking forward to some relaxation for a few days. Doing a footy clinic for the under 13s at his old junior club and a sports talk at Tinekas Dads School. As a Dad it's great to see him wanting to share his experiences with others back home.
Great news Robbo18! How does the break work for the players - are they back at the Club until Wednesday and then have 4 days off with a return next Monday?

Great news Robbo18! How does the break work for the players - are they back at the Club until Wednesday and then have 4 days off with a return next Monday?
Yep that's right mate.
Still have to do their normal recovery and their meetings with line coaches etc, then they can fly out or do whatever they're doing from Wednesday night.
Have to be back at the club for training Monday.
Nick asked to fly out a day earlier to spend a bit more time with his brothers but was told no because he's playing senior footy, which I thought was really great as it showed that even though it's been tough and the wins are hard to come by, the club is sticking to its routines.

Yep that's right mate.
Still have to do their normal recovery and their meetings with line coaches etc, then they can fly out or do whatever they're doing from Wednesday night.
Nick asked to fly out a day earlier to spend a bit more time with his brothers but was told no because he's playing senior footy, which I thought was really great as it showed that even though it's been tough and the wins are hard to come by, the club is sticking to its routines.
You are very proud of him regardless I'm sure but you would also be pretty stoked with the way he is developing I reckon. Really has started to look like he belongs and I know we are a struggling side at the moment but he is looking more and more like he can be in our best 22 even when some of the senior players return.

Also, it's the player sponsors' do this evening at the club. I thought it was just poor planning to have it bite into the bye-week, but maybe the players have other responsibilities as you've indicated.

Nick's certainly coming along well - seems to have much more awareness than his first few games and hence appears less pressured.

Yep that's right mate.
Hey Rob

How is Nick handling being away from home? It's been more than a year and with the certainty of Aish leaving, it just makes me wonder if Nick showing any signs of homesickness?
Also would love to see Daniel drafted to the Lions for another brothers combo :D

Also, it's the player sponsors' do this evening at the club. I thought it was just poor planning to have it bite into the bye-week, but maybe the players have other responsibilities as you've indicated.

Nick's certainly coming along well - seems to have much more awareness than his first few games and hence appears less pressured.
I think it's more of the role he's been given now more than anything. The inside mid role for a first year player in a team that doesn't control the stoppages on a regular basis is a tough gig for any first year player I reckon. He's enjoying the wing and has gotten a lot stronger over the last pre season.

Hey Rob

How is Nick handling being away from home? It's been more than a year and with the certainty of Aish leaving, it just makes me wonder if Nick showing any signs of homesickness?
Also would love to see Daniel drafted to the Lions for another brothers combo :D
Nicks really enjoying Brisbane and especially playing with the Lions. Nicks a pretty loyal fellow and he's just really happy Leppa has shown faith in him and he's working as hard as he can to repay that.
I reckon in another pre season we'll see where he can take his footy. It's all just stepping stones of trying to improve atm.

Nicks really enjoying Brisbane and especially playing with the Lions. Nicks a pretty loyal fellow and he's just really happy Leppa has shown faith in him and he's working as hard as he can to repay that.
I reckon in another pre season we'll see where he can take his footy. It's all just stepping stones of trying to improve atm.
As long as he doesnt take it anywhere but Brisbane;)

Hopefully you don't want him home full time in the future, we want him as a Lion for life. When he retires and heads back home he'll have a Premiership medallion around his neck if we can keep this group together.

Hey Robbo18! - really enjoy your insights. Can you tell us what alcohol consumption protocols the Lions have in place with so many young players on our list...I ask this question in light of the stuff happening 100km down the M3!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back