Delisted Nicholas Robertson (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sore this morning
MRI Monday
Texting me all night last night as he couldn't sleep for pain, therefore I'm pretty tired lol!
Do admit there was a shot when he was being out in the back of th ambulance and he looked pretty happy sucking on the green whistle.

You bloody beauty!!

As if the team performance against the Dogs wasn't depressing enough, I had to be even more depressed seeing young Nick go down with what looked like it might be a really bad injury.

So relieved it's on the lower end of the scale.

Get well soon Robbo.

Champ in the making:thumbsu::footy:

Reserves Wrap - Gold Coast - 08/08/2015 (Shane Woewodin’s comments)

Unfortunately Nick sustained a hamstring injury pretty early in the game. He started as an inside mid, we wanted him to be a little bit more composed at ground level and work on his ground level balls. He started really strong, was really physical in and around the contest. He provided some good energy for us. It was real unfortunate to lose him, he’ll probably miss now three or four weeks with a hamstring.

Player Reviews: Part Four

The 20-year-old, known for his aggression at the contest, made a strong impression in his second season at The Gabba, despite missing a series of games through injury (Robertson returned to the NEAFL after Round 18 and suffered a season-ending hamstring injury). He has become a firm fan favourite as a result of his hard-playing style and commitment to the game, playing both half-back and as a capable midfielder. He recorded a disposal high of 24 in Round 5 against the Gold Coast Suns, where he also took 10 marks. Robertson will be a player to watch in 2016.

I think Nick is going to start establishing himself in the team next season. He has that aggressive attitude that has just needed to be shaped by application of greater game sense and the building of an AFL-level strength and fitness base. I think his skills made a decent improvement this season.

In his first season he looked very enthusiastic but very raw. Training and playing in a professional environment has knocked the rougher edges off him so that he looked like a much more well-rounded player in his second year, despite injury getting in the way a little. His third season will hopefully see him begin to take the next step where he begins to impact and shape games. He is good enough to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Nick is going to start establishing himself in the team next season. He has that aggressive attitude that has just needed to be shaped by application of greater game sense and the building of an AFL-level strength and fitness base. I think his skills made a decent improvement this season.

In his first season he looked very enthusiastic but very raw. Training and playing in a professional environment has knocked the rougher edges off him so that he looked like a much more well-rounded player in his second year, despite injury getting in the way a little. His third season will hopefully see him begin to take the next step where he begins to impact and shape games. He is good enough to do it.
The third and fourth years seem to be when young players hit their straps. It was when Yeo, Polec and Docherty started standing up and looking really comfortable at this level. Just glad that we will finally be able to experience that feeling with Nick and our other 2013 draft boys. Will kill it next year.

Just thought I'd share with you all.
Nick was asked by GOD to hold a player meeting earlier in the week focussing on the expectations at training.
They'd all spoken about different aspects of what's expected of them and also what they expect of each other.
I'll list a few points Nick discussed with the players and coaches in the meeting.

. When getting a drink put the cups in the bin don't just drop them on the ground or club room floor
. When a runner brings you a drink, hand the bottle back don't just drop it and turn your back, show some respect
. Train as you play. The whistle means react immediately not at half effort
. When a punishment is handed to a team mate in the form of push ups etc, we ALL get involved so that everyone watching us can hear we are all in this together ALL the time

There's just a few of the points discussed, but for me it sounds like the boys are digging into every detail to get better.

Nick was asked by GOD to hold a player meeting earlier in the week focussing on the expectations at training.
They'd all spoken about different aspects of what's expected of them and also what they expect of each other.
I'll list a few points Nick discussed with the players and coaches in the meeting.

. When getting a drink put the cups in the bin don't just drop them on the ground or club room floor
. When a runner brings you a drink, hand the bottle back don't just drop it and turn your back, show some respect
. Train as you play. The whistle means react immediately not at half effort
. When a punishment is handed to a team mate in the form of push ups etc, we ALL get involved so that everyone watching us can hear we are all in this together ALL the time

There's just a few of the points discussed, but for me it sounds like the boys are digging into every detail to get better.
if it comes from god or not, great messages. RESPECT AND TOGETHERNESS.

Was the meeting aimed at the young guys / new recruits or the entire group?

Irrespective, what a massive compliment to Nick that essentially a second year player is regarded that highly to be asked to speak about such things, particularly given it is evident that he is one of the hardest workers / most disciplined. Sounds a real leader and an exceptional role model to all his teammates and younger teammates alike.

Was the meeting aimed at the young guys / new recruits or the entire group?

Irrespective, what a massive compliment to Nick that essentially a second year player is regarded that highly to be asked to speak about such things, particularly given it is evident that he is one of the hardest workers / most disciplined. Sounds a real leader and an exceptional role model to all his teammates and younger teammates alike.
Everyone was there.
Even some of the older guys need a refresher from time to time I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back