Discussion NAFL 2015-16 Franchise Owner Announcement and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've already stated, I'm not using the bottle green anymore. I'm going to a new, closer to fluoro, green for this season.
Ah, so your colour scheme is as new as mine? With that in mind, I don't see why you should be entitled to favourable treatment.

Ah, so your colour scheme is as new as mine? With that in mind, I don't see why you should be entitled to favourable treatment.
The only change to my colour scheme is the green. Everything else is the same compared to a brand new team. As an already existing team, surely I get the preference as per every other team in this competition

I think you should stick with bottle green, though. Navy/lime/silver is a bit of a weird mix. It can look really nice if you break up the blue/green with silver.

View attachment 142747
And I was told the exact opposite last year. I was advised to go down the lime route al la Seattle Seahawks

Last season, the Ballarat Diggers and Mt Isa Miners coexisted without any confusion, conflict or detriment to either's brand, despite both having similar nicknames. The Ballarat Diggers and Canberra Parliament coexisted without any confusion, conflict or detriment to either's brand, despite both having similar colour schemes.

The argument that's been going on for the last couple of days is incredibly petty.

And I was told the exact opposite last year. I was advised to go down the lime route al la Seattle Seahawks
Honestly, it doesn't really matter what colour scheme you choose, as long as you work with it.

RE: Similar colour schemes. As long as our designs are significantly different, it shouldn't be an issue, as St Mark has mentioned above. A real world example would be Geelong and Carlton. They share colours and there's never any issue, because they have vastly different designs. Same applies to similarities between, say, Sydney, St Kilda and Collingwood.

Last season, the Ballarat Diggers and Mt Isa Miners coexisted without any confusion, conflict or detriment to either's brand, despite both having similar nicknames. The Ballarat Diggers and Canberra Parliament coexisted without any confusion, conflict or detriment to either's brand, despite both having similar colour schemes.

The argument that's been going on for the last couple of days is incredibly petty.
It started like 'oh, haha, it's all in the format of an official press release, that's pretty funny.'

Then it turned out people were being serious.

Siiiiiiiigh.

Blast from the past:

craegus

WellingtonWhalesSeason2.png

E92_

PerthPhoenixfinal.png

lmach

allkg.png

Ah season 2, brings back memories. I think you can actually still find entries from Season 1 on here as well. And who knows, maybe similar looks will return this year in one form or another.

Ah season 2, brings back memories. I think you can actually still find entries from Season 1 on here as well. And who knows, maybe similar looks will return this year in one form or another.

I think yours was my favourite in that comp. IIRC gava won the whole thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Makos will be in once the NAFL get of their lazy backsides and let the Makos know where they are playing their Heritage and Christmas games.

It'll be in either Aus or NZ, that should narrow it down quite a bit. :)

I think you should stick with bottle green, though. Navy/lime/silver is a bit of a weird mix. It can look really nice if you break up the blue/green with silver.

View attachment 142747

I would go even lighter and go royal and green, Vancouver Canucks style.

I guess the only issue is that people don't vote for light colours for some reason (and I might even make a thread about this anti-light colour conspiracy).

All the guernseys up the top of these competitions are black or navy based, with brighter coloured solid designs inexplicably losing games they should win far too often

I would go even lighter and go royal and green, Vancouver Canucks style.

I guess the only issue is that people don't vote for light colours for some reason (and I might even make a thread about this anti-light colour conspiracy).

All the guernseys up the top of these competitions are black or navy based, with brighter coloured solid designs inexplicably losing games they should win far too often
Agreed. It doesn't make sense. Everyone is saying "Collingwood should go back to the lighter jumper" but not voting for light designs in this.

Think it's a myth tbh.

Emus made the GF in the 1st season with red, orange and yellow at the colours.
I think the Emus are a bit of an exception. That was an insanely good strip.

Dylan and Ando in FIRA are great examples, Dylan especially. That's a top 4 entry, and it missed the 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back