Analysis Tom Mitchell

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think Bird will look elsewhere if he doesn't crack into the team by the end of the year?

Don't know H2F. Mitchell didn't and Bird lives for the Swans. I can't see Horse trading much with our experienced depth players as he's gone to a lot of trouble to build that depth, at least not while our premiership window is open. Besides, surely he's more likely to get currency from a younger player with a few senior games under his belt who has shown good 'potential' (no, I'm not thinking Heeney). One of the players being held from getting a run of senior games through sheer pressure on spots like Towers, BJ, Jones or one of our three NEAFL rucks seems more likely.

He's ok no need to go on about it
I don't know why some minorities seem to think he's barely capable of getting a game. He has elite knees, elite elbows, an elite nose and his heels are as good as anyone else in the team.

I don't know why some minorities seem to think he's barely capable of getting a game. He has elite knees, elite elbows, an elite nose and his heels are as good as anyone else in the team.

Yeah got to earn a spot in this side and he needs to hit the key indicators horse has clearly laid out

Yeah got to earn a spot in this side and he needs to hit the key indicators horse has clearly laid out
Not Horse's fault if Tom didn't hear them over the noise of the team song. Needs to shut up and listen. Let Kenny carry the song.

Actually, that'd be quite funny if all the players stopped singing together and left Kenny going solo.

Come on SS. Champion Data is not a reliable source. Stats mean little. Take for example Goodes in 3rd quarter v. Roos. 2 goals from i) positioning and burst speed & ii) defensive pressure. Just 2 touches but they occurred when North were coming back strongly, against the run of play and both goals superbly executed.

There are stats and there are stats...

Official AFL Player Rating points in Q3:
12.6 - A.Goodes
8.2 - T.Goldstein
7.1 - S.Higgins
5.0 - R.Nahas
4.5 - B.Cunnington

Hey guys, apologies for intruding.

I'm looking at getting Tom Mitchell in my dt but not sure whether he'll continue his form and what his job security is like. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see many of the Swans games.

Cheers.

I'm looking at getting Tom Mitchell in my dt but not sure whether he'll continue his form and what his job security is like. Unfortunately I haven't been able to see many of the Swans games.

Cheers.
Should be safe now and averaging mid 90s in fantasy iirc. I don't see why he would be moved from the side for the rest of the year

Thanks Millky95, it's appreciated. I only ask because I'm ranked quite high and could be the difference between 1st and 100th.
He averages 111.1 (based on the AFL stats page) from 7 games. In comparision Fyfe from 12 has 111.5, Dangerfeild averages 108 from 11 and Swan 108.4 from 12. Only way he goes out is if Bird does super well and Mitchell plays super poor

Cheers.

Barring injury he is playing. Our midfield just looks so much better with Mitchell doing the in and under work dishing handballs out.

Regardless of whether you think he has enough impact on games, one thing can't be argued and that is his ability to rack up fantasy football points!!

True, always has been, even when he cam in.

That said Fyfe as captain thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of whether you think he has enough impact on games, one thing can't be argued and that is his ability to rack up fantasy football points!!

I think he has more impact than people realise as it is often his handball that gets a teammate into enough space to clear a pack of players. Stuff like that is often easily forgotten about but are actually very important.

I think he has more impact than people realise as it is often his handball that gets a teammate into enough space to clear a pack of players. Stuff like that is often easily forgotten about but are actually very important.
His clean hands and ground ball pick up have been excellent this season. Sure he butchers the odd long kick, but his inside work has been great.

Don't mistake me, I 100% agree with you and I'm a big fan of Tom. But even if you don't rate him, you can't deny his fantasy points!

To be fair, apart from his goal he was unsighted until he was subbed off. When they announced that Jones was on, it took a mate to point out it was Mitchell that was taken out of the game.

He hadn't done a lot so he was not exactly having a positive impact but the difference is that Shaw was having a very negative impact on the game. Given the choice you should sub the guy with the negative impact on the game.

He hadn't done a lot so he was not exactly having a positive impact but the difference is that Shaw was having a very negative impact on the game. Given the choice you should sub the guy with the negative impact on the game.

Debatable, but I'm not gonna be the one to be on the other side! Probably his worst game so far, but deserves another week at the very least.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back