Season 2015..

Remove this Banner Ad

Mission 1 accomplished. But i would have to say, in the last couple of years, i can't remember having seen a worse game of footy than nth v wodonga, absolutely riddled with errors and poor skills, but i don't think aker being their would have made a difference.

Hoppers got the job done and will move on to next week, but i don't really see where the dogs are heading with their list, treading water if you ask me.

Next 2 weeks will give North a pretty good indication to where they sit. Wang away, followed by raiders away before the bye.
Wang needing to beat teams above them to maintain hope of playing finals and Raiders needing to beat North for a top 3 spot.
Win both and they are in a strong position for 3rd, drop both and they could find themselves clinging onto a finals spot with Albury and Lavi to come after the bye.

Mission 1 accomplished. But i would have to say, in the last couple of years, i can't remember having seen a worse game of footy than nth v wodonga, absolutely riddled with errors and poor skills, but i don't think aker being their would have made a difference.

Hoppers got the job done and will move on to next week, but i don't really see where the dogs are heading with their list, treading water if you ask me.
Interesting that 750 spectators went to this game and only 250 and 230 went to Albury and Lavi's games. At least the supporters (including myself) wanted to see a good, tough, competitive contest.

Interesting that 750 spectators went to this game and only 250 and 230 went to Albury and Lavi's games. At least the supporters (including myself) wanted to see a good, tough, competitive contest.
Massive two weeks coming up for the young hoppers. Probably the worst game I have seen them play but they are you g and were due for a letdown. But they were still good enough to win. Always tough games for them down at Wang. They would be really setting themselves for this. Let's remember they won 8 games in 2013 when they had all the guns like Mcdonald, godde, gram, K brown, prior and a few others. They won 7 games last year when expected to win next to none. They currently sit on 7 wins out out of 10 games right now. Fair effort. No time to rest on their lorals though.

Massive two weeks coming up for the young hoppers. Probably the worst game I have seen them play but they are you g and were due for a letdown. But they were still good enough to win. Always tough games for them down at Wang. They would be really setting themselves for this. Let's remember they won 8 games in 2013 when they had all the guns like Mcdonald, godde, gram, K brown, prior and a few others. They won 7 games last year when expected to win next to none. They currently sit on 7 wins out out of 10 games right now. Fair effort. No time to rest on their lorals though.

Frank I'm sorry but this post truely pisses me off, out of those 5 guys why would you choose 3 who have played over 100 games there & given a lot to the club!!
I agree North are doing an amazing job this season, but stop comparing them to previous years a lot has changed in the O&M recently.
Be proud of being a hopper but don't follow the leader & sprook out it.
Ive been long time supporter of North & am truely happy the way they are going, Akers doing a great job but I just HATE how he opens he's mouth & slags ex players.

I must ask though Frank, will he be there next year?

Last edited:
I cant speak for Frankie, but it seems he was complimenting the club for their performance with a list that on paper seems weaker then in the past.
My view is that the compliments will dry up in the following weeks. After a sloppy and somewhat lucky win last week, four-five loses in a row looking to be more then likely outcome with the draw they have.

Frank I'm sorry but this post truely pisses me off, out of those 5 guys why would you choose 3 who have played over 100 games there & given a lot to the club!!
I agree North are doing an amazing job this season, but stop comparing them to previous years a lot has changed in the O&M recently.
Be proud of being a hopper but don't follow the leader & sprook out it.
Ive been long time supporter of North & am truely happy the way they are going, Akers doing a great job but I just HATE how he opens he's mouth & slags ex players.

I must ask though Frank, will he be there next year?
At what point did I insult any off the players I mentioned? All that I said is that when they had a so called better list they won eight games. Last year they won 7. I have a lot of respect for some of those players I mentioned. Why so Narky? Their current crop deserves credit.
MacGyver they play two teams the have beat in the first round of the draw. They do play them away but they would have to be chances in both. As for lucky against Wodonga I don't agree with that. Very even game, wodonga season on the line were always going to throw everything at north. They were good enough to win whilst not playing well. Sounds like sourer grapes to me

At what point did I insult any off the players I mentioned? All that I said is that when they had a so called better list they won eight games. Last year they won 7. I have a lot of respect for some of those players I mentioned. Why so Narky? Their current crop deserves credit.
MacGyver they play two teams the have beat in the first round of the draw. They do play them away but they would have to be chances in both. As for lucky against Wodonga I don't agree with that. Very even game, wodonga season on the line were always going to throw everything at north. They were good enough to win whilst not playing well. Sounds like sourer grapes to me
Pretty poor assessment on what I posted wizards. Do you not agree that those 5 players I mentioned were guns?
I was merely pointing out what a great job their list has done without the established stars they once had.
Fair assessment?
You really do need to learn how to read old mate.

As far as will the coach be there next year? How would I know? Is he contracted? The job he is doing suggests he is a fair chance to be there.

I didn't see the report of 750 at the game and whilst they have had fantastic crowds the last couple of years, consistently drawing the biggest crowds of most rounds, i couldn't see that many there last week, unless there was 400 just watching the netties

I cant speak for Frankie, but it seems he was complimenting the club for their performance with a list that on paper seems weaker then in the past.
My view is that the compliments will dry up in the following weeks. After a sloppy and somewhat lucky win last week, four-five loses in a row looking to be more then likely outcome with the draw they have.
true, they do have a tough month coming up, but with raiders being 1 win behind and yarra 2, they do have some breathing space, as those 2 sides also have some tough games coming up.
i can see 3rd to 6th closing up over the next five weeks, but nth have the points in the hand at the moment, at that can't be taken lightly

I stand by my comments. 5 losses in a row with three of those teams being wang/raiders/yarra sees the ladder tighten up drastically. In the weeks comming they have..
Wang- had a coach no one liked, no Jaimie Allen and no bench by the end of the third quarter last time they clashed, Add in the showgrounds factor. And i have that as a 5 goal wang win
Raiders- Two Hettas were dominate last week, take into account norths lack of talent in that area gives WR a massive advantage. Also if Rocko plays half the game he did last week it could get ugly
Albury- say no more
Lavi- Cant see them losing to an inferior team at Puma stadium
Yarra- If Cooper, Dwyer and Barnes are still fit and firing then, i see yarra starting to peak about then (surely the club has to come good?)
Not slagging North as they have done an exceptional job to get into the position they are. But very testing times ahead

I stand by my comments. 5 losses in a row with three of those teams being wang/raiders/yarra sees the ladder tighten up drastically. In the weeks comming they have..
Wang- had a coach no one liked, no Jaimie Allen and no bench by the end of the third quarter last time they clashed, Add in the showgrounds factor. And i have that as a 5 goal wang win
Raiders- Two Hettas were dominate last week, take into account norths lack of talent in that area gives WR a massive advantage. Also if Rocko plays half the game he did last week it could get ugly
Albury- say no more
Lavi- Cant see them losing to an inferior team at Puma stadium
Yarra- If Cooper, Dwyer and Barnes are still fit and firing then, i see yarra starting to peak about then (surely the club has to come good?)
Not slagging North as they have done an exceptional job to get into the position they are. But very testing times ahead
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I agree Wang are a much better side then when the 2 last clashed. They have a very good young list much the same as north. Definitely not an easy game by any stretch.
Raiders are going great. Be a great game in 2 weeks as the two clubs hate each other. Makes a difference when tangatalum gets marked closely.
Its a close ladder. Its great.

Interesting Take on the Footy MacGyver. Must be really involved at club level to understand the game so well and where each club is at.
Or are you just an arm chair expert ? Time will tell if the Hoppers lose 5 in a row, pity you can't measure some of the thing the hoppers have in place that other clubs don't. I would rather be in nth's position. sitting third with wins on the board behind two strong clubs in albury and lavington. have played every once. what else do they need to do.

Interesting Take on the Footy MacGyver. Must be really involved at club level to understand the game so well and where each club is at.
Or are you just an arm chair expert ? Time will tell if the Hoppers lose 5 in a row, pity you can't measure some of the thing the hoppers have in place that other clubs don't. I would rather be in nth's position. sitting third with wins on the board behind two strong clubs in albury and lavington. have played every once. what else do they need to do.
nothing against you macgyver, as you do raise some very good, astute points, but monty, great first post, hoppers doing it well thus far

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: The Trade Thread It's time to trade Gram- 2011 GWS Anthony Miles,Nth Albury boy -saints supporter and more importantly wins his on ball like Lenny
kevin baldale, Oct 12, 2011
Searched and found this early post on the Saints forum - very happy to see Ant play so well this evening but wish saints had him- BOG tonight in my book - Good to see a little more interest in O&M some important games tomorrow

Re: The Trade Thread It's time to trade Gram- 2011 GWS Anthony Miles,Nth Albury boy -saints supporter and more importantly wins his on ball like Lenny
kevin baldale, Oct 12, 2011
Searched and found this early post on the Saints forum - very happy to see Ant play so well this evening but wish saints had him- BOG tonight in my book - Good to see a little more interest in O&M some important games tomorrow
snip was awesome tonight for the tiges, and i don't think it's a coincidence that they are a better side since his entry mid last season.

as for this site, it's a worthwhile read when it's not used to just take cheap pot shots

No im not involved in a club in any official position. But i try to catch a game every week and watch one on video, i think the whole point of this site is to give arm chair experts a forum to discuss the game they love. The forum has been pretty stagnant of late so its good to see my comments have sparked some intellegent debate and no ones stooped to having a personal snipe.
Get out and watch some O&M fellas, a couple cracking games today. Especially the season defining one at the Norm Minns Oval. See you there!

Go Hoppers, Go, Go, Go. You would think the hoppers and raiders will both play finals (hard to see them missing now) 9 wins would be the mark IMO. Yarrawonga should also get there. There are a lot of things that go on behind the scences at a footy club that determine success not all obvious to all people who follow footy. Nth Albury got rid of the BS (in some of there 'fat cat' players) and the younger ones have worked hard for their success. Not all clubs prepared to do what the hoppers have done. Go Hoppers!

Monty will you be heading down to have a beer with Robbie Waterhouse at your local racecourse? Because what he did is like childs play compared to what happened at the Norm minns

I say well done Raiders. You guys would be bagging the shite out of them if they were not competitive. Clubs have to aspire to match the top clubs and to do that you must recruit as well as develop local talent and that is exactly what they are doing. I have no affiliation with Raiders or any other O and M club. It's 2015 guys get with it!
Sorry mate you are wrong. 2015 is all the more reason Raiders should be doing it organically. Time will tell.

Go Hoppers, Go, Go, Go. You would think the hoppers and raiders will both play finals (hard to see them missing now) 9 wins would be the mark IMO. Yarrawonga should also get there. There are a lot of things that go on behind the scences at a footy club that determine success not all obvious to all people who follow footy. Nth Albury got rid of the BS (in some of there 'fat cat' players) and the younger ones have worked hard for their success. Not all clubs prepared to do what the hoppers have done. Go Hoppers!
agree 100%

Don't often travel out of albury to watch these days, but had a feeling in my waters about the nth v wang match. So made the trip with a mate and wasn't disappointed. Will admit that i'm a hopper, my mate is impartial. While the umpiring was't great, we both thought, both teams copped the good and bad. In the end both teams had 10-15 minute patches throughout the game to take their chances to gain accendency.
What we ended up with, was 2 sides that played some good and some pretty ordinary footy. There was very little in it, and wang can consider themselves stiff, but had the result gone the other way, so might nrth. For mine, the difference came down to two words: Kristian Carey.

Monty will you be heading down to have a beer with Robbie Waterhouse at your local racecourse? Because what he did is like childs play compared to what happened at the Norm minns
Not sure I follow but seems like you have a lot of inside knowledge to the goings on.

Don't often travel out of albury to watch these days, but had a feeling in my waters about the nth v wang match. So made the trip with a mate and wasn't disappointed. Will admit that i'm a hopper, my mate is impartial. While the umpiring was't great, we both thought, both teams copped the good and bad. In the end both teams had 10-15 minute patches throughout the game to take their chances to gain accendency.
What we ended up with, was 2 sides that played some good and some pretty ordinary footy. There was very little in it, and wang can consider themselves stiff, but had the result gone the other way, so might nrth. For mine, the difference came down to two words: Kristian Carey.
Pretty fair analysis. Carey and Dan L were amazing. I wont take anything away from North it was an epic and even tussle, just one stained with some howling umpire errors...

Pretty fair analysis. Carey and Dan L were amazing. I wont take anything away from North it was an epic and even tussle, just one stained with some howling umpire errors...
i for one couldn't work out any of the 50 mtr penalties, there must have been a lot of chat going on out there, because there didn't seem to be any push and shove. Not sure what the kelly-carey incident was about, i must have blinked at the wrong time, but the ball couldn't have been in better hands, no other player on the ground today would have kicked that goal, maybe on another day, but today, he was the man.
Not sure who wang rated as their best, but i liked the game of Boyle, and had they been able to exploit the pace of Hicks more (seriously quick), i've no doubt the result may have been different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back