Review Round 11, 2015: Collingwood v Box Hill Hawks, 27 June 2015, 12.12pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to Spangher?

Ankle injury, trainers carried him off the ground (his arms over their shoulders and kept his ankle off the surface). Was icing it on the boundary and the commentary said he looked done for the day, but towards the end of the third they did show him putting his boot back on, so who knows he might be back on the 4th quarter to testit out ?

Considering he's been on the ground in the 4th quarter he should be ok. Not sure if he'll be right for a Hawthorn recall next week, but you never know.

Didn't last though. Came off later in the 4th, took the boots off. Not good. :(

Result not good either :(

Very impressed with the 23rd man Switzkowski. Lot of heart.

Well Simpkin and Woodward flew the flag but a lot of Hawthorn listed guys made it obvious that they are not going to be playing AFL anytime soon.
Disappointing efforts from Sicily, O'Rourke, and O'Brien. Grimley and Schoenmakers barely contributed a thing for such experienced players.
Spangher goes from injury to injury and seems likely to miss a week or two.
I like Howe. He looks likely to be an AFL player and some of the Box Hill listed guys put in a bit.
Based on today's effort only Woodward and Simpkin asked to be promoted.

Well Simpkin and Woodward flew the flag but a lot of Hawthorn listed guys made it obvious that they are not going to be playing AFL anytime soon.
Disappointing efforts from Sicily, O'Rourke, and O'Brien. Grimley and Schoenmakers barely contributed a thing for such experienced players.
Spangher goes from injury to injury and seems likely to miss a week or two.
I like Howe. He looks likely to be an AFL player and some of the Box Hill listed guys put in a bit.
Based on today's effort only Woodward and Simpkin asked to be promoted.
Strange after such a good effort last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't last though. Came off later in the 4th, took the boots off. Not good. :(

Result not good either :(

Very impressed with the 23rd man Switzkowski. Lot of heart.

Going for a full blooded smother with a dislocated finger is pretty brave.

Was in very serious pain coming off. Played as a immobile decoy forward at the start of the last. I can't see how he'll be fit for next week.

Sounds like we weren't helped by injuries at key stages. Amazing how this game can swing - a nearly full list to select from this week, and now we've lost Frawley. Spanger, Mirra, etc.

Good to see McEvoy get best on for the Hawks though. 49 hitouts is a very dominant display!

Dave Mirra injured his ankle less than 3 minutes into the first quarter requiring Pat Lawlor to play in defence. Zac Webster didn't play and Teia Miles was a spare for Hawthorn. I saw most of the first half before heading to the MCG and must say the lack of consistency and intensity of some Hawthorn listed players leaves a lot to be desired.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back