Mega Thread The Big Roughy IS IN THE CLEAR!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Footy comes a far third in circumstances like these. Health, family & friends and then footy. Speedy recovery Rough. Hope they got it early. Not only Hawthorn fans but all AFL fans will get around you.

Big loss for the team even when not kicking goals due to his presence but get your health right and don't think about rushing back.

It could also be a timely reminder for all players and fans alike to check any suspicious spots.

Get well Rough!

Awful news and best wishes for a speedy recovery Roughie.

I can't imagine that this is something which has gone on undetected for ages though. Being on the face, it's a good thing in that it's an area of your body you see everyday and thus a change is easily detectable. Also being a lesion suggests its surface only, fingers crossed this is case.

I wouldn't be surprised if he plays next week once the facial surgery settles down and his checkup confirms they got everything out in the one hit.
I had noticed it a while back when he was doing a press conference. I assumed it was just your typical split lip from playing footy. He would've known better that it wasn't though so hopefully you're right and it's been addressed a while back.

It could even explain his below-par season if it's been something playing on his mind for a while.

I think you mean that you hope its benign. Malignant is bad. In any case, its confirmed as a malanoma, which by definition is malignant. Here's hoping they got it all and with follow up treatment and monitoring he has no further issues. Great player and seems a really good bloke.

Would be in hospital for resection and staging one would think. Need to check his lymph nodes. If all clear, may or may not go for chemo. Wouldn't think it would be necessary if they can get the whole lot out.

Godspeed Roughy, footy takes a back seat to personal health so I'll save speculating positions for other threads. Hope this is nothing but a minor setback and there's no chemo/radiotherapy required. Seen people close to me go through it and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Read the Fagan presser quotes on the clubs twitter. Sounds like he's just being given the time off from footy while he waits to hear back about the other tests that will hopefully clear him of any further issues. No suggestion that there is anything more to it but obviously while he's in this state of unknowing his head space doesn't need to be on footy.

Hopefully he gets good news back soon and he can get on with life and footy next week. Thoughts are with the big Rough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man that's shitty news. Take as long as you need as football doesn't matter. Get well soon, Roughy.

Good to hear the club are giving him the time through this and that the feeling is that all will be ok.

Great to see other club supporters express their respect for the big rough, one of the universally liked players for how he goes about his footy and his general attitude.

Here's hoping for a quick and full recovery for the big fella

Remove this Banner Ad

Back