Discussion on Phil Walsh killing; Warning: Disturbing content

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a negotiated outcome, he will do between 5-10 max
I don't know Peter. That's where psychological evidence weighs in. I think it may be just Alcohol so he may reside in prison longer. No mental effects and go f##k yourself. I'm not sure mental capacity has traction.

Have received some information regarding the night in question which definitely helps to explain things a bit better. It is from an extremely reliable source too, there is no doubt it's 100% true. People can PM if they feel the need, but I won't disclose everything out of respect to the family.

Any chance of a PM mate?

Personally I think most media outlets have been very respectful , and even forums have been generally respectful and have focused on the tragedy rather than the person who caused the tragedy to occur. I think that will change over the next week.

Regardless of who he is and what he did, Reading that blog, I dunno, he just comes across as a desperate lonely person who couldn't get any girls.. which isn't necessarily that big a issue, plenty of guys can't get all the girls, but he obviously had a issue with it and let it consume him based on those blogs and talking about sarging etc. Probably very jealous of his father and very jealous of all the footy players who he would of seen regularly with their pretty girlfriends and fast cars etc, someone else here said it well, he was to weird for the girls he wanted.

I will refrain from saying anything to nasty as we don't know all the facts, although I do feel we know enough, however I will say if the allegations of stabbing phil in the back most likely while sleeping and then celebrating when arrested are true then he is a gutless piece of work and deserves the hatred of the country on his shoulders. And I hope phils wife and daughter can move on one day with their lives - minus cy.

And this is the thing. I have no doubt he was a hard man, probably unnecessarily so at times.

But so what so was mine. I just hope he pleads guilty and the family aren't dragged through more rubbish.

Exactly. My old man came from a military background and that's how our household was growing up. We were his soldiers and he was extremely hard at times but he also had a big heart like my late grandfather when he thought he was being too hard on us. He'd sit down with us when we were sobbing in our room and make us see from a young age why he had to discipline us.
You certainly learn how to rationalise things from a young age and as my siblings can attest to, it took me longer than most because I was stubborn.

Having two children of my own, you most certainly don't use the "old school" methods because you can get through with a calm demeanour with a 4 year old.

Last edited:
Whether drug induced or psychosis
or similar
It's a tragedy this can't have been prevented ( as is often the case)
Had a friend go in to psychosis and be committed and was trying to harm himself and family
Fortunately he is fine now on meds
But when I see a ' death by cop' or this tragic incident with Phil and his wife
I often wonder what if my friend hadn't been committed so fast
And I also appreciate that whatever induced this state of mind ... It will pass or be cured fast and the son will be devastated

Who knows what Cy was thinking, maybe he hasn't rationalized his action. Nothing can changed what has happened and I wish you guys the best in you're endevours moving forward.

Have received some information regarding the night in question which definitely helps to explain things a bit better. It is from an extremely reliable source too, there is no doubt it's 100% true. People can PM if they feel the need, but I won't disclose everything out of respect to the family.

Hey BACCS, if the offer is still there, could I get a PM too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of that depends on Meredith's testimony of what happened. Its just horrid even thinking about what happened. truly sad.
Testifying in a murder case where your husband is the victim and your son is the accused would have to be one of the most horrific things you could ever ask anyone to do. Can't even begin to imagine what it's going to be like for her.

Because he had the presence of mind to run away doesn't that cancel any argument that he didn't know what he was doing or didn't have control of his actions? He was thinking clearly enough to know that what he did was wrong and he would be in trouble for it so had to get the hell out of there asap.

One thing I have been wondering today - I wonder if Cy did have an intention to hurt his father, but only to hurt him, maybe had been thinking about it for a while. Very possibly had even confided in other people about his intentions. Then perhaps he took drugs on that fateful night to get the "courage" up, for want of a better word, for the heinous act. Maybe he took more drugs or different drugs than he had ever taken before. This could then have tipped him over the edge so that he lost any semblance of control and went way, way, too far.

Whether drug induced or psychosis
or similar
It's a tragedy this can't have been prevented ( as is often the case)
Had a friend go in to psychosis and be committed and was trying to harm himself and family
Fortunately he is fine now on meds
But when I see a ' death by cop' or this tragic incident with Phil and his wife
I often wonder what if my friend hadn't been committed so fast
And I also appreciate that whatever induced this state of mind ... It will pass or be cured fast and the son will be devastated

Took drugs. Whole tragedy could have been prevented. end of story.

Hemi, from the impression I have based on your contributions on here, you're a gun. What you've told us in the last few days reinforces that even more - you should be incredibly proud of yourself.

Thanks so much for the compliment. Without false modesty, I've got my faults like everyone else. I'm also lucky to be here and have come a long way but I was a long way behind.

Thanks so much for the compliment. Without false modesty, I've got my faults like everyone else. I'm also lucky to be here and have come a long way but I was a long way behind.

Mate, you're winning. Never forget that.

One of my kids got hooked on ice. I took drugs in the seventies, saw mates get addicted to heroin and coke.
Ice is different, it is insidious. It's ability to destroy the soul of the addict so quickly and to keep them addicted over the years is without equal.
I had many moments of terror and fear for my wife and my other kids and grandkids, when this child gets cooked. The stress of seeing a loved one so paranoid, so hateful and so violent whilst cooked is unbearable.
My child has mental issues and felt self medication on ice helps.
My wife and I, now have their child to raise as we approach our sixties.
Unfortunately the organisations and groups supporting those in our situations are getting bigger.
My child has stayed clean for 6 months. Statistically ice only releases around 6-8 % over the long journey.
My child has no comprehension or recollection of the dramas they have caused after being clean a few weeks.
Phils passing and the way it appears to have transpired, is raw and close to home. It has left me in shock, anger and disbelief.
I love my child I know as troubled as that child, is they love me when not cooked.
That child could quite possibly end me one day. That child will go to jail with the pain of what they had done and my wife will be destroyed.

And some lowlife B***stard!! who makes a living selling this s**t to our kids, prospers. Justice wouldn't be served until these dealers are delt with.
Sorry about the rant. But if ice was involved, I reckon I know who Phil would want to have a " man conversation with"

I have the utmost respect for you PHIL. To be able to achieve what you have and to leave your mark on so many in a positive way was elite. All this while having to battle your family issues and the tremendous stresses they bring.
R.I.P. phil

Because he had the presence of mind to run away doesn't that cancel any argument that he didn't know what he was doing or didn't have control of his actions? He was thinking clearly enough to know that what he did was wrong and he would be in trouble for it so had to get the hell out of there asap.
Last time I checked we don't have a diminished responsibility defence available in SA.

However I've no doubt his lawyers will seek to have the matter pleaded down to voluntary manslaughter, arguing mitigating factors.

That will annoy the s**t out of me but that's my guess at this early stage.

One of my kids got hooked on ice. I took drugs in the seventies, saw mates get addicted to heroin and coke.
Ice is different, it is insidious. It's ability to destroy the soul of the addict so quickly and to keep them addicted over the years is without equal.
I had many moments of terror and fear for my wife and my other kids and grandkids, when this child gets cooked. The stress of seeing a loved one so paranoid, so hateful and so violent whilst cooked is unbearable.
My child has mental issues and felt self medication on ice helps.
My wife and I, now have their child to raise as we approach our sixties.
Unfortunately the organisations and groups supporting those in our situations are getting bigger.
My child has stayed clean for 6 months. Statistically ice only releases around 6-8 % over the long journey.
My child has no comprehension or recollection of the dramas they have caused after being clean a few weeks.
Phils passing and the way it appears to have transpired, is raw and close to home. It has left me in shock, anger and disbelief.
I love my child I know as troubled as that child, is they love me when not cooked.
That child could quite possibly end me one day. That child will go to jail with the pain of what they had done and my wife will be destroyed.

And some lowlife B***stard!! who makes a living selling this s**t to our kids, prospers. Justice wouldn't be served until these dealers are delt with.
Sorry about the rant. But if ice was involved, I reckon I know who Phil would want to have a " man conversation with"

I have the utmost respect for you PHIL. To be able to achieve what you have and to leave your mark on so many in a positive way was elite. All this while having to battle your family issues and the tremendous stresses they bring.
R.I.P. phil

The shite they put into this stuff and why kids take it is beyond me. Anti drug campaigners in schools should use this and Ben Cousins to highlight a very example of being cooked.

I appreciate your story, and I'm glad I only have to deal with these people at work and my family life hasn't been touched by it's evil.

Most particularly, I wholeheartedly agree with your above statement.

I wish we could drop this vile scum on an island with all the child abusers and paedo's and just leave them to their own devices (with the inability to breed of course). Absolute filth.

Any chance for a pm mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back