Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless McBean can turn into that 3rd prong
Yeah he could.But Vickerys value is he can and does a decent job as the 2nd ruck.Trade him then we'll be on the lookout for someone who can takeover that role.Not convinced Griff likes the 2nd ruck role.Maybe Elton? Don't know.Rather use Conca in a trade for Treloar or even a Lennon who's been a tad dissapointing.

Yeah he could.But Vickerys value is he can and does a decent job as the 2nd ruck.Trade him then we'll be on the lookout for someone who can takeover that role.Not convinced Griff likes the 2nd ruck role.Maybe Elton? Don't know.Rather use Conca in a trade for Treloar or even a Lennon who's been a tad dissapointing.
McBean? Surely he will put another 5kg next summer.

To do this we would want to be pretty certain we are obtaining a ruck from somewhere.
Our future would than depend heavily on how Mcbean comes along.
What other player would we want in return? Buntine? Bugg?

Best 22 Out: Maric, Vickery
Best 22 In: Kruezer, Mcbean

FB: Grimes, Rance, Chaplin
HB: Vlastuin, Batchelor, Houli
C: Ellis, Cotchin, McIntosh
HF: Edwards, Griffiths, Deledio
F: Mcbean, Riewoldt, ????
FOL: Kruezer, Martin, Trealor

I/C: Grigg, Miles, Lennon
Sub: Menadue
Buntine looked pretty good on weekend

Just on this, he never requested a trade last year, we nearly did trade him but it fell through. I forgot which club it was to but it was at the death of the trade period and we ran out of time, its like Conca, who we nearly traded but again ran out of time as the club he was going to came late.

Spot on for this year though. He has told the club, if he does not play enough games he would like to be traded. IMO that was early in the year, from all reports now, he is loving footy again.
Would LOL if the club calls his bluff at the end of the year and says " Now Tyrone, about that trade you wanted earlier in the year, who would you like us to start talking too "

yep agree griffs form has fallen off a cliff. hoping the shoulder injury isnt too bad however.
Has been my biggest disappointment this season. After a solid year in 2014 (not great but solid enough to build on) he should really be a B grade forward at a minimum this year, but on average he is C grade at best IMO.

Has been my biggest disappointment this season. After a solid year in 2014 (not great but solid enough to build on) he should really be a B grade forward at a minimum this year, but on average he is C grade at best IMO.

He's been injured a fair bit though. I'm not worried.

agreed 10 goals is not enough.
He's been injured a fair bit though. I'm not worried.
yes he's had interruptions and its ruined his consistency. now hes done something to his shoulder. things is he was never that great, just showing glimpses, still had/has a long way to go.

I'm no Vickery lover but in his defence, he really hasn't had a good injury free run at either role. A lot of ruckmen only really come good when they are given the number one role with the bulk of game time. I see him as a capable back up ruckman who can also provide 30+ goals a year as a forward. I think there's potential to improve in both roles for him but even at his current output, many clubs would love that type of player.

Not saying he's untouchable by any means but the club would want something pretty good to give him up.

A Kruezer/ Vickery combo would be fantastic with Griffith the third tall. A lot of development needed for Mcbean but if he can become a gunston type with his height he would be an interesting player.

No way McBean will be a Gunston. In fact JR is our Gunston anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any love for Atley as a hard running HBF?

Not sure on his worth, would our 2nd get it done?

Don't like him.

Not an expert but to me he is a speedster that lacks polish.

I think he is a guy that can be overrated in terms of getting noticed etc.. due to his speed.

A lot of guys are bit players IMO so I don't rate a lot of them on their list actually because most are not well rounded footy players IMO

DaL Santo , chapman , were considered guns when they left their relative clubs and have proven to be failures . It happens more often than not .

To be fair, when Chapman left he had deteriorated. He was not the player he was.

Dal Santo was not a bad pick for North but he has always been a bit in and out of games as an outside player.

Bartel is a higher rated player than Dal Santo and far more rounded in terms of inside/outside etc..

Don't like him.

Not an expert but to me he is a speedster that lacks polish.

I think he is a guy that can be overrated in terms of getting noticed etc.. due to his speed.

A lot of guys are bit players IMO so I don't rate a lot of them on their list actually because most are not well rounded footy players IMO

Yeah he should really be an explosive mid by now but at his best, he is a line breaking, long kicking half back and we need one.

He's pissweak.

If we're going to get a ruckman, it has to be one of the free agents, Leuey or Krooz.

The worry for me with Smith is why has he not come on.

I mean compared to Hampson he should be an all round world beater.

Seems to have the tools but can't use them. Not sure what is going on there?

Funny thing is the reason we supposedly got Hampson is the reason one would get Smith. Unlike Hampson Smith does seem to be able to do it all as a ruck man but just can't get it together at GC for whatever reason:confused:

Yeah he should really be an explosive mid by now but at his best, he is a line breaking, long kicking half back and we need one.

Not sure his disposal skills are good enough and I think he might lack in agility and general competiveness.

I think an observer might be sidetracked by his forward movement catching our attention and distracting us from other areas in his game where he it is not about his explosiveness.

Have not watched him enough to be honest but there must be a reason why he has not progressed that have a bearing going forward if unaddressed

Any love for Atley as a hard running HBF?

Not sure on his worth, would our 2nd get it done?
I'd rather target bastinac with our second to allow mids such as lids or cotch to play more outside.
atley for hbf makes sense but i don't think it'll release vlastuin. so who else could he replace in that backline? we still have conca to come back who drifts back a lot to help rebound too.

Not sure his disposal skills are good enough and I think he might lack in agility and general competiveness.

I think an observer might be sidetracked by his forward movement catching our attention and distracting us from other areas in his game where he it is not about his explosiveness.

Have not watched him enough to be honest but there must be a reason why he has not progressed that have a bearing going forward if unaddressed

How can you possibly have such a strong opinion when by your own admission you havent watched him?

Ty has had a far better season than Griff IMO, Griff is the one who could be in trouble.

Nope. Griffiths has played 46 games, far from his best footy. Tyrone over 100 now and still has the same bad habits ingrained in his game and we're still arguing if he will be consistent. Their output is relatively similar statistically and for mine Griffiths has better attributes to develop.

I'd rather target bastinac with our second to allow mids such as lids or cotch to play more outside.
atley for hbf makes sense but i don't think it'll release vlastuin. so who else could he replace in that backline? we still have conca to come back who drifts back a lot to help rebound too.

Could play Hunts role or maybe Vlas will improve his tank after another season enough to go into the middle. We are on record saying we will be targeting a running half back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back