Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AGAIN - this guy is generalizing.

What is so hard to accept about the fact that not 100% boo for racial reasons.

You (he) are throwing a blanket over numerous different reasons he gets booed and label everyone a racist.

IS IT NOT WITHIN THE REALMS OF POSSIBILITY THAT AT LEAST 1 PERSON BOOED HIM FOR A NON-RACIAL REASON?

No denying some are.....but to tar everyone with the same brush is whats annoying people.

If I boo adam goodes, who the F*** is Robbo or Sydney Chairman to tell me what MY THOUGHTS are?

THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DICTATE MY THOUGHTS

There were actually aboriginal people at the game booing goodes. Are they racist? or siding with racists?

OR ARE THEY BOOING AN OPPOSITION PLAYER.

RACE CARD NEEDS TO STOP BEING PLAYED. MEDIA NEEDS TO STFU - AS TOO DO GIL, SWANS CHAIRMAN AND ANYONE ELSE IS THINKS THEY CAN SPEAK FOR EVERYONE ELSE.

You seem a bit upset. Are you the bloke who told him to go back to the zoo?

A very, very large percentage of them are, yes.

Your turn. As I mentioned, and as we all know, the boos weren't really an issue before the war-dance and were virtually non-existent. Sure, there were a few, but not nearly as many as there are now. Ever since then, he has been booed at every away game. Did Goodes do something so dirty that night to warrant the influx of these boos? Is it just a coincidence? Or was it the war-dance?

not to mention this article from September 2014....which stated as follows...

ADAM Goodes insists he is unperturbed by the incessant booing he cops from opposition crowds during games, choosing to view it as a mark of respect.

Goodes, who will play his 350th match in Friday night's preliminary final against North Melbourne, has often been the target of opposition fans over his long career with the Sydney Swans.

But it appears to have reached new heights in 2014 for the two-time Brownlow medallist.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-17/dont-lose-the-boos

Not really. When given the opportunity to say what you thought the difference with Long and Goodes, you didn't say anything about him standing up for his people, or being unrelenting in the face of criticism, being unwilling to put up with a sub-par response for the AFL, or being outspoken. Your initial response were three seperate points on how he didn't rock the boat and you didn't say anything about the rest until I pointed that out.

I think if you go back and read the post in question, you'll find that I did say he was outspoken.

ADAM Goodes insists he is unperturbed by the incessant booing he cops from opposition crowds during games, choosing to view it as a mark of respect.

Goodes, who will play his 350th match in Friday night's preliminary final against North Melbourne, has often been the target of opposition fans over his long career with the Sydney Swans.

But it appears to have reached new heights in 2014 for the two-time Brownlow medallist.

I'm talking about after the ****ing war-dance. Read. I didn't care when he was being booed last year.

I burn your uninsured house down. Will you accept an apology and move on?
I have insurance

The things we are talking about you know full well were a different time in history

It's not happening now - far as I know
Would I expect my great grandchildren to bang on about it to your great grandchildren - no

Yeah but after a while he decided to revise his position. Shame to let all that booing go to waste.

the boos weren't really an issue before the war-dance and were virtually non-existent. Sure, there were a few, but not nearly as many as there are now. Ever since then, he has been booed at every away game. Did Goodes do something so dirty that night to warrant the influx of these boos? Is it just a coincidence? Or was it the war-dance?

Well before the war dance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AGAIN - this guy is generalizing.

What is so hard to accept about the fact that not 100% boo for racial reasons.

You (he) are throwing a blanket over numerous different reasons he gets booed and label everyone a racist.

IS IT NOT WITHIN THE REALMS OF POSSIBILITY THAT AT LEAST 1 PERSON BOOED HIM FOR A NON-RACIAL REASON?

No denying some are.....but to tar everyone with the same brush is whats annoying people.

If I boo adam goodes, who the F*** is Robbo or Sydney Chairman to tell me what MY THOUGHTS are?

THEY HAVE NO RIGHT TO DICTATE MY THOUGHTS

There were actually aboriginal people at the game booing goodes. Are they racist? or siding with racists?

OR ARE THEY BOOING AN OPPOSITION PLAYER.

RACE CARD NEEDS TO STOP BEING PLAYED. MEDIA NEEDS TO STFU - AS TOO DO GIL, SWANS CHAIRMAN AND ANYONE ELSE IS THINKS THEY CAN SPEAK FOR EVERYONE ELSE.
Please list all the players in the league that are booed at every game every time they get the ball.

I'm lucky that you're here to help me understand. If we carry on with your clumsy metaphor, Goodes is the equivalent of a multi-millionaire white Australian who:
1) accepts a "Jihadi of the Year" award (which is his right)
2) uses the prestige of the award to make confected, hyperbolic claims of how he's the victim of a "very dark past, a brutal history of dispossession, theft and slaughter" (which again is his right)
3) then whinges that the jihadis don't like him any more and boo him at his highly-paid job at the camel races

Goodes' politics are his own business. It's his entitled attitude that we all thank him for his casual smears that gets my back up. Perhaps I'm not alone in that.
Not everything is about who is right and wrong. Some people actually do want to progress to something better and not worry about points scoring. You're allowed to love your country but also point out the things that are wrong with it.

So you're getting upset because he brings up the past and you see it as a smear on Australia? He's not making it up though is he? So what's your problem exactly? You don't like hearing unpleasant things?

The concept of being divisive - calling Australia Day 'Invasion Day' in his Australian of the Year speech. It was all over the thread just 10 pages back or so...
I have not entered the that debate

Goodes words were there
Europeans were murderers rapists and thieves .... Well that was NOT me and there is no distortion in that statement .....

Please list all the players in the league that are booed at every game every time they get the ball.

No - please tell me why I cant Boo Adam Goodes?

Because I'll hurt his feelings.

Time for him to fade,off into the sunset if he cant take the boos.

Happened before him and will happen after him.

Wayne Carey, Plugger, Headland, Ballas, Jobe, Thomas, Dermott, etc etc all cop the same treatment.

It seems Adam is above everyone else. I dont think he is....so Ill BOO him.

Not everything is about who is right and wrong. Some people actually do want to progress to something better and not worry about points scoring. You're allowed to love your country but also point out the things that are wrong with it.

So you're getting upset because he brings up the past and you see it as a smear on Australia? He's not making it up though is he? So what's your problem exactly? You don't like hearing unpleasant things?

point scoring? If it wasnt about point scoring this thread would be three pages long.

ummm didn't he do the war dance on a night when he was copping it from the Carlton crowd already?...

The Carlton crowd was absolutely tiny in Sydney. Our season was already over, we'd just sacked Mick, and we were already well on our way to a 10-goal hiding. I couldn't hear any booing on TV, but an earlier poster said he was there and could hear some booing. Either way, Goodes himself said he hadn't copped anything from the crowd, he just did it for indigenous round.

I have not entered the that debate

Goodes words were there
Europeans were murderers rapists and thieves .... Well that was NOT me and there is no distortion in that statement .....

In his Australian of the Year speech? I think you need to check your facts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back