Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's happening
Is that going to help with education and health ?
I'm not saying it's all peachy keen but **** me I am sick of getting blamed for shit i not only condemn but had no part in

Move on ... Seriously
I'm guessing the number of people that have personally come and blamed you is around zero? Don't worry I think there's other people who are better positioned to deal with this moving forward than you.

Good video. Disagree with the first bit about the finger / cultural display; but he is spot on from there on in about the dynamic of tolerance in Australia.

In short, we collectively can't handle a bit of criticism.

The first bit/finger thing happened! Marc Murphy got fined, $900 apparently

marc.jpg

I'm lucky that you're here to help me understand. If we carry on with your clumsy metaphor, Goodes is the equivalent of a multi-millionaire white Australian who:
1) accepts a "Jihadi of the Year" award (which is his right)
2) uses the prestige of the award to make confected, hyperbolic claims of how he's the victim of a "very dark past, a brutal history of dispossession, theft and slaughter" (which again is his right)
3) then whinges that the jihadis don't like him any more and boo him at his highly-paid job at the camel races

Goodes' politics are his own business. It's his entitled attitude that we all thank him for his casual smears that gets my back up. Perhaps I'm not alone in that.
Goodes could easily accept all the luxuries that go with his life and leave it at that.

Instead he tries to use his profile to advance a cause very dear to his heart.

I actually respect him for that.

Not everything is about who is right and wrong. Some people actually do want to progress to something better and not worry about points scoring. You're allowed to love your country but also point out the things that are wrong with it.

So you're getting upset because he brings up the past and you see it as a smear on Australia? He's not making it up though is he? So what's your problem exactly? You don't like hearing unpleasant things?

What's the correct response by the general public? Do we need to give another apology or was the last one politically motivated and empty?
What will it take for the general schmo like me to be truly repentant? I just have no idea what I'm suppose to be doing considering I already hate racism and feel desperately sorry for the injustices of the past.

Depends on how vindictive I was feeling or whether I wanted to realize that me getting shitty about you burning down my house wasn't going to help me get a new house.

What if the conditions were such that most of your race was gone and that your house could never be rebuilt because a different race came in an occupied all the land your house was built on? Douche.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can
That's the great thing about this country
And he has every right to get upset about it
That's the great thing about this country

But I cant because he thinks Im racist. And anyone who thinks otherwise is racist.

If so many people hated me, I would probably play the race card rather than reflect on twatish behaviours and listening to why.

Well Played Adam. Bridging the divide everyday with thoughts of reconciliation and hope,

That article tells us nothing except that Goodes didn't care. What's your point?

My point is you rated booing as 'non existent' before he did his dance.

I produced an article published months earlier which states 'ADAM Goodes insists he is unperturbed by the incessant booing he cops from opposition crowds during games..'

It was existent enough to write an article about it.

Showing that clearly the behavior existed before he proudly embraced his aboriginal culture on field to celebrate indigenous round.

BUT I assume this doesn't really fit your agenda, so you simply dismiss it and 'don't care' about it because it happened before your supposed 'racial flash point'.

Thanks for playing.

Goodes could easily accept all the luxuries that go with his life and leave it at that.

Instead he tries to use his profile to advance a cause very dear to his heart.

I actually respect him for that.
Me too.

As I footballer though, I have little respect for how he carries himself.

Lot of debate. I detest elitist PC media calling ordinary Aussies racist. Without getting into it too much, I'd like to think Australians are decent people.

So for all those arguing booing Goodes is ok, well it's certainly legal. But ask yourself this, do you want to continue to knowingly do something that is hurting a person to the extent he is taking time off from his job? That hurts that persons family, friends, workmates, and their community? Regardless of the fact that you don't like that person and that it's not illegal to do it, do you think it's the decent thing to do?

Do you think it's decent to keep booing? What if it was your kid or brother getting this treatment?

Do you want to be that person who deliberately hurts and offends others?

I reckon most Australians can answer these questions easily.

Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche. Douche.
dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick dick

See? I can call you nasty names too :D

Nice comeback.

I'm guessing the number of people that have personally come and blamed you is around zero? Don't worry I think

Thank you for that dose of condescension
Sure goes a long way to solving the issue

You can do whatever you want. Boo him till your throat is raw. You have freedom of speech but so do white supremacists and extreme Islamists. You have the right to boo Goodes and people have a right to think you're a dick for doing so.

How do you reckon Cyril feels about Hawk fans booing Goodes? Would you stop if he said he didn't like it?
Nope because I'm free to do what i want.
People can think what they want of me as i really couldn't give a shit what they think as i have the ability to make my own moral judgements and act upon those thoughts and not rely on being dictated to how i should behave and act according to anyone else's perception.

And i believe there were some new anti-terrorism laws in regards to extreme islamic views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back