Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there you have it. A clear message from the players that the booing of Goodes should stop. Given that the players are those who would be directly affected by Goodes' sniping, whinging, staging etc. and they are saying "stop the boos" then those persons saying they boo him for these reasons should also stop - after all those people are margially and indirectly affected by his sniping, whinging, staging etc.

What we would then be left with is that those people continuing to boo him are doing so for other reasons which I suspect are either his race or more likely his stance on racial issues.

Regards

S. Pete

Read the 5 steps of properganda, you just provided the evidence of them being applied.

LOL, thank you for that :)

Tell you what....Why don't we just remove the fans entirely....Problem solved!...Then Adam is free to act & say what he likes without impunity.

Or better yet, vet them as they come in through the gates to ensure they are all sympathetic to the cause that is 'Adam Goodes inc'!

No player is bigger than the game....Not EVEN Adam Goodes.

But is football a bigger issue than racism?

Regards

S. Pete

And there you have it. A clear message from the players that the booing of Goodes should stop. Given that the players are those who would be directly affected by Goodes' sniping, whinging, staging etc. and they are saying "stop the boos" then those persons saying they boo him for these reasons should also stop - after all those people are margially and indirectly affected by his sniping, whinging, staging etc.

What we would then be left with is that those people continuing to boo him are doing so for other reasons which I suspect are either his race or more likely his stance on racial issues.

Regards

S. Pete

o captain, my captain!

Herd mentality - not really any different to the booing tbh

you know that is a valid point, I agree with you to some extent, so would you like to solve the problem with the same
method that created the problem?

Do you believe everyone that boos adam goodes is racist?

Do you support this lie?

What lie will you support next?

They do not care about the poll, the poll is an inconvenient truth.

They are not interested in the truth.

If the poll was only people who booed then it woud mean something but people who dont boo telling the people who do, why they do it, is meaningless.

I'm still yet to see a single quote or statement from a booer that they do it for racist reasons, not one! out fo 10s if not 100s of thousands who have booed Goodes.

and trust me racists aren't usually the type to hide their opinions.

Not really a stepping stone, just making the point that it's quite reasonable to not modify your behaviour based on claims of racism when it clearly isn't racist.
Okay. I'll take that. We can leave the racism aside.

How about you do something that to you is meaningless, and everyone else is doing it and it's meaningless, and you aren't thinking that you want to vilify or harm someone, but a person says that exposure to that prolonged thing is harming me?

Do you go, okay. I'll give it a miss or do you go nope I will do this meaningless thing because, well, I can?

you know that is a valid point, I agree with you to some extent, so would you like to solve the problem with the same
method that created the problem?

Do you believe everyone that boos adam goodes is racist?

Do you support this lie?

What lie will you support next?
Your post is a bit confusing. If you've read any of my posts ITT you'd clearly see I don't believe everyone that boos Goodes is racist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has spoken on the issue, urging fans to treat Goodes "with civility and dignity".

"You don't have to agree with everything Adam says, you don't even have to like his footy team, but nevertheless, I think there should be a basic respect given to all sports people," Abbott told Radio 2SM.

"Certainly the last thing we want in Australia is anything, anything at all, that smacks of racism."

That's BS and you know it.

'Racism had a face...and it was a 13-year-old girl - but it's not her fault,'

'That's what hurt me so bad... when I turned around, I just saw this young face and... it was just sad.

'That's why I had to leave the arena, it just broke my heart.'

'I just hope that people give the 13-year-old girl the same sort of support because she needs it, her family needs it, and the people around them need it.

'It's not a witch-hunt, I don't want people to go after this young girl.

'We've just got to help educate society better so it doesn't happen again.'

He has called her the face of racism, and then qualified it.

He knew she was a young girl when he turned around...meant nothing - he still went after her.

You can't insult someone and then give a reason as to why you've insulted them, and pretend the insult doesn't matter.

She wasn't cut the same slack. That statement from Goodes was premeditated and designed to get as much bang for the buck as possible out of the whole situation.

Do you think that, knowing the comment came from a child, what happened was appropriate and commensurate to the indiscretion?

if Goodes was against bigotry, right now, he should be speaking up, what
you are seeing is bigotry.

Are you another who supports the following lie;

IF you boo Adam Goodes you are racist

LOL. No, I am not. I am just pointing out that it is the same both ways. Why do people boo sportsman? Because sports is theatre and most of us want a villain to hate. And a lot of the things people hate about Goodes are invented or at least misconstrued. It's amazing how much is attributed to Goodes for things that he did not say.

If the poll was only people who booed then it woud mean something but people who dont boo telling the people who do, why they do it, is meaningless.

I'm still yet to see a single quote or statement from a booer that they do it for racist reasons, not one! out fo 10s if not 100s of thousands who have booed Goodes.

Same here, this is beyond stupid.

The serfs have decided thougg, they like propaganda :)

There have been a number on here, mods took their stuff down.

Also, are racists always aware they are racist. I have met so many people who do the "I've nothing against Asians, but..." thing it's not funny.

Okay. I'll take that. We can leave the racism aside.

How about you do something that to you is meaningless, and everyone else is doing it and it's meaningless, and you aren't thinking that you want to vilify or harm someone, but a person says that exposure to that prolonged thing is harming me?

Do you go, okay. I'll give it a miss or do you go nope I will do this meaningless thing because, well, I can?
I have no problem with the argument that it is affecting Goodes mental health, the claims of racism are what I have a problem with.
I think there is a wide variety of opinion as to when 'please stop booing' is just sooking/weakness or when it is a legitimate mental health issue.

And there you have it. A clear message from the players that the booing of Goodes should stop. Given that the players are those who would be directly affected by Goodes' sniping, whinging, staging etc. and they are saying "stop the boos" then those persons saying they boo him for these reasons should also stop

Well if the players told me to stop putting aside money for my own causes to help fund the GO foundation, even though I vehemently dislike Adam Goodes character as a person, I should just be a good little citizen and do what the players say.

For the players have dominion over my choices in life? Makes perfect sense...

If people are swayed by captains telling us what to do when they weren't by the media beat up, they are the unlucky herd who are manipulated that easily.

Prime Minister Tony Abbott has spoken on the issue, urging fans to treat Goodes "with civility and dignity".

"You don't have to agree with everything Adam says, you don't even have to like his footy team, but nevertheless, I think there should be a basic respect given to all sports people," Abbott told Radio 2SM.

"Certainly the last thing we want in Australia is anything, anything at all, that smacks of racism."

So Tony Abbott is on the 'no boo' side, do y'all feel embarrassed now or what?

LOL. No, I am not. I am just pointing out that it is the same both ways. Why do people boo sportsman? Because sports is theatre and most of us want a villain to hate. And a lot of the things people hate about Goodes are invented. It's amazing how much is attributed to Goodes for things that he did not say.

you know, I think most of us just want to live our lives.

Why care what sports people think at all?

What is a hero?

We attribute greatness to mere humans, they are no different to us.

But is football a bigger issue than racism?

Regards

S. Pete

Last I checked footy is a past-time, whereas racism is a political issue....People go to the footy to forget about such things, only to have Goodsey rub it in their faces with the AFL's blessing.

GEE I wonder what has inspired all this booing?o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back