Preview Rnd 19 v Geelong - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong are not quite the same team now as they were since 2007.

True

They will be a bigger test than the crows

Those kicks out of defence will be exposed more if it happens this week

I think we should win

Hope buddy is ok, but not played if unfit

TBH we play rubbish for the next 5 weeks. Geelong and 4 bottom 8 sides, we've beaten those teams all year and we will beat them again. All pretty irrelevant until September 11th when we play a top 8 team again

This will be a very tricky game. Apart from an awful record there, Geelong seems to be playing better now, with their senior players coming back (Bartel, Kelly, Duncan) And Selwood returning to form. I do worry about Hawkins and Motlop too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does he hate Tom so much?
Seems the run as sub gave Tom just the rest he needed as he seemed to be struggling a bit beforehand. Good call in my book. It's a long season and he's playing in a tough position as a young player. Mitchell's getting better and better,l though would like to see him back himself and take the kick option more often than he does.

Seems the run as sub gave Tom just the rest he needed as he seemed to be struggling a bit beforehand. Good call in my book. It's a long season and he's playing in a tough position as a young player. Mitchell's getting better and better,l though would like to see him back himself and take the kick option more often than he does.

Longmire could send 12 men out armed with sticks, lose by 409 and you would probably profess it was part of his master plan

Mitchell as sub was as stupid as Mitchell to NEAFL so many times

Geelong looking to secure a top 8 spot and Sydney looking to secure a top 4 spot - this should be a cracker!

Are any of you heading down for the match? Apparently it's almost sold out so you'd better get onto tickets ASAP.

Geelong looking to secure a top 8 spot and Sydney looking to secure a top 4 spot - this should be a cracker!

Are any of you heading down for the match? Apparently it's almost sold out so you'd better get onto tickets ASAP.
The way the ticketing is run down there and as a Melbourne based member it is an absolute joke what short opportunity some 10k members here have to grab the small minority of seats/standing room allocated to opposition supporters. Plus the fees on top of everything else. The ground is a joke. Go Bloods!

The way the ticketing is run down there and as a Melbourne based member it is an absolute joke what short opportunity some 10k members here have to grab the small minority of seats/standing room allocated to opposition supporters. Plus the fees on top of everything else. The ground is a joke. Go Bloods!

It's expensive I'll grant you, but it's perfectly easy for opposition supporters to get tickets if they plan in advance. No different to going to see a band or a theatre production - you wouldn't just show up on the night and expect to get a seat. We also have a seat resale program where Geelong members with reserved seats who can't make a particular game can put their seat up for sale to the general public. I'm in a reserved seat area and there were quite a few Brisbane supporters in my bay on Saturday who had obviously bought tickets this way.

Obviously I'm biased but it's the best stadium in the country from a viewing perspective - since the recent upgrades, there's literally no bad seat in the house. The atmosphere for night games is excellent too. Plus free off-street parking within 5-10 minutes walk of the ground and decent coffee :thumbsu:

I'm scheming a plan to get down to the game. Limited tickets available but I may just go down on my own like a well-adjusted, enormously popular guy does.

The way this is going, a Big Footy meet up in the CBD before travelling down to Geelong might be in order.

Who here is yet to get tickets? Thinking of heading down after work, wouldn't mind if a group of us sat together

Only change I could see is Goodes in, Franklin out but he won't be back for an away game. Not sure who might come in for Franklin

Is Franklin a confirmed out? I know he had back issues on the weekend but he played out the game, didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back