Alex silvagni

Remove this Banner Ad

It's going to the tribunal because Simpson jumped the gun without any medical proof and declared a broken jaw.It now turns out to be bruised and Cripps will be available to play.The kangaroo courts jumped into action and screamed bloody murder .If West Coast had of stuck to the facts it would have gone through the normal procedures.

You really do need Masten to be found guilty after this little spiel!

Sincere and legitimate apologies if I've got the wrong person, but were you not the person who claimed in the Masten thread that Trevor Nisbett would have preferred Masten bit Hill or Walters rather than Suban, presumably making some racial point, and then not explaining yourself?
Didn't think an explanation was necessary, apparently I was wrong.
The way Nisbett handled the Selwood / Headland situation was disgraceful.

It's going to the tribunal because Simpson jumped the gun without any medical proof and declared a broken jaw.It now turns out to be bruised and Cripps will be available to play.The kangaroo courts jumped into action and screamed bloody murder .If West Coast had of stuck to the facts it would have gone through the normal procedures.
He will now be penalised without the benefit of pleading guilty and getting the sentence downgraded.
Wrong. Simpson said it wasn't broken but might be fractured, we won't know until the scans are done. but carry on.

Fractured and broken mean the same thing. Broken is just the layman's term.

"The West Coast medical report says Cripps passed a concussion test and returned to play with treatment. He reported "severe pain in left jaw" and requires ongoing treatment and assessment, including medication and radiology. He'll miss four days training and possibly one match. There was no fracture."

What are West Coast doing? Trying to create the Incredible Hulk?

6:15pm: Silvagni now giving evidence. "I spoke to Josh Kennedy at the end of the game and I apologised to Jamie (Cripps). I checked in to see if he was OK. It didn't sit with me well at the time, during the game or still now. As a footballer I don't like seeing it and I didn't mean to do it."

well which one is it?!?

6:15pm: Silvagni now giving evidence. "I spoke to Josh Kennedy at the end of the game and I apologised to Jamie (Cripps). I checked in to see if he was OK. It didn't sit with me well at the time, during the game or still now. As a footballer I don't like seeing it and I didn't mean to do it."

well which one is it?!?

What you mean which one?
It's the only thing he said. He didn't mean to hit his jaw, but there's no way he'd be able to argue accidental.
He sounds pretty remorseful & will cop his 5/6 weeks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6:25pm: Silvagni's counsel using the four-week penalty handed to Ty Vickery last year for striking Dean Cox as evidence.

are you allowed to do that?

6:34pm: AFL counsel Jeff Gleeson recommends a six-week penalty, with a discount of one week. Silvagni's counsel believes a four-week penalty is appropriate with a one-week discount. The bargaining begins.

4 weeks would be in keeping with what Shittery got. Though being an elbow they may tack on an extra week

The Eagles releasing Cripps medical info early may save Silvagni a week or two

As bad and as intentional and thug like Vickery's was there is still one more difference. His was in the proximity of the ball. Will that add a week for Silvagni?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back