Round 21: Hawthorn vs Port Adelaide - Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Too lazy to look it up. Hawks don't deserve to win the 2015 flag.

You are embarrassing yourself now. The concept of 'an undeserved flag' is just bullshit made up by jealous opposition supporters. A commonly held belief amongst the followers of teams who are yet to win one ("but WE deserve it, we've got none of our own yet!").

Yeah it would be less hard to take if

Yeah and if the umpires could adjudicate the holding the ball and holding rule you would have lost by 10 goals. It is funny that in 3 of the last 4 games against Hawthorn, the umpiring has been disgracefully in favour of Hawthorn. It doesn't seem to stop Hawthorn supporters telling everyone they were robbed though.
Never ever said they were robbed. Listen and understand. The umpiring perception taught by the rules committee and what they constuct their rigid umpiring decision making from, effects every team , I 've just seen it twice today watching freaking Collinwood and Richmond, one caused a goal , its unfair.
Stuff making this an argument about Port and Hawthorn , Port were fantastic, but their year is wasted.
Hawthorn got done over well and trully congratulations Port , but if your up to scratch you have to make finals , you haven't , doesn't change the fact that you'll be a victim of tiggy touchwood basket ball rules , that has become a curse on the game.
No umpire won that game last night, Port won it, but a couple of decisions I call heart breakers that create scores fopr oppostion teams , is simply logically unfair.'
And that is the way the rules are written and rigidly interpreted and that is not Australian rules football.

THATS AFL !Look in the coaches box s' occasionally and if you can't see the blank what on earth was that for then your blind.

Wait for the tragedy when a decision like Gibsons with no other option for him but to do what he is paid to do THATS DEFEND, costs your team maybe a grand final.

Look at the umps when it comes to picking frees in front of goals, very reluctant , that in itself is a black mark against the training of these robotic umpires.
That is what I was talking about not how good or bad Port are or Hawthorn for that matter.

By the way you stated that the last 4 games Hawthorn against Port have been favoured in the free kick market, well whats that say about you, the same as you say about me. But we , you and I should be able to pick out what a free is and isn't , and these days , about 5 to 7 frees , no one including the players and the commentators have any idea, then we get a bulldust explanation from an ump whose made a decision in a true split second , going on the way he is told to interpret if he didn't see it properly.
That's real great for fairness hey??.
Can't you see the changes to the game, or maybe you haven't seen it at its best. And it is the best game on the earth. Or it was.

Never ever said they were robbed. Listen and understand. The umpiring perception taught by the rules committee and what they constuct their rigid umpiring decision making from, effects every team , I 've just seen it twice today watching freaking Collinwood and Richmond, one caused a goal , its unfair.
Stuff making this an argument about Port and Hawthorn , Port were fantastic, but their year is wasted.
Hawthorn got done over well and trully congratulations Port , but if your up to scratch you have to make finals , you haven't , doesn't change the fact that you'll be a victim of tiggy touchwood basket ball rules , that has become a curse on the game.
No umpire won that game last night, Port won it, but a couple of decisions I call heart breakers that create scores fopr oppostion teams , is simply logically unfair.'
And that is the way the rules are written and rigidly interpreted and that is not Australian rules football.

THATS AFL !Look in the coaches box s' occasionally and if you can't see the blank what on earth was that for then your blind.

Wait for the tragedy when a decision like Gibsons with no other option for him but to do what he is paid to do THATS DEFEND, costs your team maybe a grand final.

Look at the umps when it comes to picking frees in front of goals, very reluctant , that in itself is a black mark against the training of these robotic umpires.
That is what I was talking about not how good or bad Port are or Hawthorn for that matter.

By the way you stated that the last 4 games Hawthorn against Port have been favoured in the free kick market, well whats that say about you, the same as you say about me. But we , you and I should be able to pick out what a free is and isn't , and these days , about 5 to 7 frees , no one including the players and the commentators have any idea, then we get a bulldust explanation from an ump whose made a decision in a true split second , going on the way he is told to interpret if he didn't see it properly.
Can't you see the changes to the game, or maybe you haven't seen it at its best. And it is the best game on the earth. Or it was.

What could Gibson do? He spoiled the ball correctly, Wingard's head then makes contact with Gibson's ribs and catches his trailing right arm.

Even the umpire said it was "accidental" and "unlucky".

He didn't even make contact with his leading arm which he had his focus on, it was his trailing arm that had no strength in it.

Why should Gibson be penalised for that? What behaviour can he change to ensure somebody else doesn't run head first into him?

To the Swert
I get your drift about what could Gibson change in his behaviour to stop that stupid free.

Well here is the logical answer in terms of how the incompetent rules people teach their umpires.

HE COULD SIMPLY NOT CONTEST AT ALL, YOU KNOW STAND BACK AND WATCH. AND THEN SAY TO CLARKO , CAN'T DO IT COACH THE RULES GET ME PINGED AND THEY GEt A SHOT ON GOAL.

OF COURSE I KNOW COACH, THEY'LL HAVE A SHOT ON GOAL ANYWAY IF I DON'T CHALLENGE, BUT THATS THE GAME NOW BOSS.

HEY WHAT ABOUT THE FORWARDS BEING ABLE TO THROW A GOAL, YOU KNOW NOT THROUGH A BASKET BUT JUST THROW A GOAL BY HAND .

WE DO A LOT OF THAT THROWING STUFF THESE DAYS COACH, THEY CALL IT HANDBALL. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!

And that's how stupid it is, BIG FOOTY!

To the Swert
I get your drift about what could Gibson change in his behaviour to stop that stupid free.

Well here is the logical answer in terms of how the incompetent rules people teach their umpires.

HE COULD SIMPLY NOT CONTEST AT ALL, YOU KNOW STAND BACK AND WATCH. AND THEN SAY TO CLARKO , CAN'T DO IT COACH THE RULES GET ME PINGED AND THEY GEt A SHOT ON GOAL.

OF COURSE I KNOW COACH, THEY'LL HAVE A SHOT ON GOAL ANYWAY IF I DON'T CHALLENGE, BUT THATS THE GAME NOW BOSS.

HEY WHAT ABOUT THE FORWARDS BEING ABLE TO THROW A GOAL, YOU KNOW NOT THROUGH A BASKET BUT JUST THROW A GOAL BY HAND .

WE DO A LOT OF THAT THROWING STUFF THESE DAYS COACH, THEY CALL IT HANDBALL. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!

And that's how stupid it is, BIG FOOTY!

cool story bro

You mean like how the rank umpires have got you guys over the line in 2 close prelims in the last 4 years? I guess it almost evens out because they screwed you in another one. We get boned every second week. We got boned last night. Sometimes both teams get boned and all you can do is look at the other teams supporters and laugh at how you're both getting boned. But when the calls were so blatantly one sided and all you can come up with is 'what about that Wingard one wah', it is ******* pathetic. If our idea of getting done over by the umpires is one free kick paid for an accidental coathanger to the middle of the oppositions head, then I would consider myself pretty ******* lucky.

Are you honestly trying to say it was Wingards fault Gibson clotheslined him :drunk: Hawthorn supporters

Are you honestly trying to say it was Gibson's fault that Wingard ran into him? :drunk: Port supporters

It was neither players fault. It was a accidental collision. They often happen in marking contests. Arms are very commonly raised above the head and they often make contact with another player's head. Most are ignored and deemed part of the game. Players have been knocked out, lost teeth, got black eyes and broken noses in marking contests without receiving any free kick.

Thanks Spook, I now look forward to watching a team from Perth end your season.
We've done our bit to make it a little easier for them.

Us "interstaters" like to stick together sometimes :)

You mean the team we beat in Perth 2 weeks ago? Oh ok, that team.

Ps I am from 'interstate' as well. I think it's really sad that you have an inferiority complex and have to keep making it about a states when it is just about clubs and teams...... One day you might grow up and be happy with your identity.

Are you honestly trying to say it was Gibson's fault that Wingard ran into him? :drunk: Port supporters

It was neither players fault. It was a accidental collision. They often happen in marking contests. Arms are very commonly raised above the head and they often make contact with another player's head. Most are ignored and deemed part of the game. Players have been knocked out, lost teeth, got black eyes and broken noses in marking contests without receiving any free kick.

What are you talking about, those sort of free kicks get paid all the time. When a player slips over just before a tackle and gets taken high, it gets paid. When someone executes a perfect tackle and the player drops the knees so the tackler falls into their back, it gets paid. When someone holds onto someone in the tackle when they didn't realise the other player had gotten rid of the ball, it gets paid. Hell, half the time, when a player deliberately drops the ball which should be paid holding the ball it is paid a hold the other way. It doesn't matter if it is an accident, he caught him high in the spoil. The only way it is not a free is if Wingard runs up and headbutts Gibson's forearm, which some of your supporters have tried to suggest. Now how about we talk about those holding the ball's that weren't paid, all those holds that weren't paid, the drag down on Krakeour that resulted in a goal that wasn't paid, the free kick that was paid and then a Hawthorn player misses a handball from 5 metres away and doesn't give away 50. How about we talk about that, or are we still stuck on how you can't work out that a forearm to the face is a freekick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incidental high contact in a marking contest is not a free kick if you are going the ball, you accept that. And you will be proven wrong when the umps review it during the week.
I think you've been spooked mate. That you're still trying to defend your vain argument tells me that you're having trouble dealing with some half reasonable umpiring as compared to the absolute dream run you get year in year out.
Welcome to the harsh reality of the real world Casper.

What are you talking about, those sort of free kicks get paid all the time. When a player slips over just before a tackle and gets taken high, it gets paid. When someone executes a perfect tackle and the player drops the knees so the tackler falls into their back, it gets paid. When someone holds onto someone in the tackle when they didn't realise the other player had gotten rid of the ball, it gets paid. Hell, half the time, when a player deliberately drops the ball which should be paid holding the ball it is paid a hold the other way. It doesn't matter if it is an accident, he caught him high in the spoil. The only way it is not a free is if Wingard runs up and headbutts Gibson's forearm, which some of your supporters have tried to suggest. Now how about we talk about those holding the ball's that weren't paid, all those holds that weren't paid, the drag down on Krakeour that resulted in a goal that wasn't paid, the free kick that was paid and then a Hawthorn player misses a handball from 5 metres away and doesn't give away 50. How about we talk about that, or are we still stuck on how you can't work out that a forearm to the face is a freekick?

So you say that stupid accidental free kicks get paid all the time yet two sentences later argue that they don't get paid enough.

Could you please make up your mind if you think these kind of free kicks should be paid or not. The opinion I've held to all day is that they should not be. That's the point I'm making, not just for Gibson but for all players in all teams.

You mean like how the rank umpires have got you guys over the line in 2 close prelims in the last 4 years? I guess it almost evens out because they screwed you in another one. We get boned every second week. We got boned last night. Sometimes both teams get boned and all you can do is look at the other teams supporters and laugh at how you're both getting boned. But when the calls were so blatantly one sided and all you can come up with is 'what about that Wingard one wah', it is ******* pathetic. If our idea of getting done over by the umpires is one free kick paid for an accidental coathanger to the middle of the oppositions head, then I would consider myself pretty ******* lucky.
Lucky ? Well if I'm lucky your blind. Any way I didn't mention Wingard by name any where, and I didn't say the umps lost us the game, on the contrary. Why don't you read what's said to you , or shut up.

The fact that you mention words like "rank umpires have got you guys over the line in 2 prelims," and then in the same breath say your team is boned every second week, would suggest to a person with a little nous that there is something wrong with the interpretation of what I call basket ball rulings and bloody idiotic unfair 50 metre penalties.

I'm talking about football, not your flaming team or mine. But you know when the tide turns and you see s**t get given to your team for petty unnecessary penalty calls, THEN YES YOU DO REFER TO YOUR OWN TEAM. Because some umpire has kicked them a goal.

AS YOU HAVE JUST DONE, WITH "BEING BONED EVERY SECOND WEEK" AS YOUR COMMENT CAME OUT.

You don't grasp my point , its a bit deep for some, but have a little think.

Remember and learn , one incident and stupid umpire perceived penalty, is not JUST what I am talking about it was an example laddie.

I'm talking about too many free kicks in the game now that should not be free kicks, understand that? Some times people in the stand , in the tv audience the clowns that call the game , the foxfooty sycophants, and Cometti who says "yes the umpire gave a good explanation" but Cometti is a dildo .

Every week at certain points of the game the groups of people I just mentioned, don't know what is going on!!! And some TV and Radio commentators are now saying so. Notice?

Now there you have it , today I turned off Coll v Rich another forgone conclusion and two frees to the Tigers early that shouldn't have been. One a pissy 50 metre penalty was an umpires goal too. How can you watch unfairness and get entertained.

IT HAPPENS TO EVERY TEAM, IF WE ALL JACKED UP ABOUT TO OUR CLUBS AS MEMBERS, MAYBE THIS INCOMPETENT MONEY HUNGRY AFL MIGHT HAVE A LOOK AT SAVING THE GAME BEFORE ITS 5 A SIDE , AND YOU DO THROW A GOAL!!!!????

OOH....." TWO FREE SHOTS NUMBER 1, THAT PLAYER touched your LITTLE FINGER, definite foul.

Wait a minute you moved over the line! "thats it, 10 free shots to the other side. Sorry I''ll explain later.With the micraphones on of course.

Open your bloody eyes to what you read. for christ sake! I've been whinging about this for about 4 years, its gotten worse this year.

If you had half a brain you'd be a pissed off with this crap as lots of people are , you did get unlucky last year.

I don't effing disagree with you!!!!!!!

But you just can't grasp what I say.

So good night, and good bye! AND WELL PLAYED!

Yes how about we do talk about all those things you brought up , you are just proving the point , at least 5 to 7 frees that can change games around and stop run ons happen EVERY WEEK, did you hear that..................THEY SHOULDN'T....... IS WHAT'S BEING SAID HERE, WHETHER ITS BLEEDING PORT ADELAIDE OR THE BULLAMACKANKA BACKYARD SECONDS.

HEY ZINGER THE FACT THAT YOU SAY FREES LIKE THAT, GET PAID ALL THE TIME IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS ARGUMENT SEE???.

THEY BLOODY WELL SHOULDN'T BE PAID. SELWOOD STILL GETS AWAY WITH THE DUCK (CHEATING) AT GEELONG , NOT SAM AT HAWTHORN THEY GIVE HIM NOTHING.

Again good night , read a book or something, learn.. ps it used to be called dropping the ball, you know Kevin Bartlett style. But that's an old rule I barely see used now!

Gee wiz mate they could call these frees anything they like, TOO MANY ARE UNFAIR AND WRONG AND NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME.

NOW GET TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes how about we do talk about all those things you brought up , you are just proving the point , at least 5 to 7 frees that can change games around and stop run ons happen EVERY WEEK, did you hear that..................THEY SHOULDN'T....... IS WHAT'S BEING SAID HERE, WHETHER ITS BLEEDING PORT ADELAIDE OR THE BULLAMACKANKA BACKYARD SECONDS.

HEY ZINGER THE FACT THAT YOU SAY FREES LIKE THAT, GET PAID ALL THE TIME IS THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS ARGUMENT SEE???.

THEY BLOODY WELL SHOULDN'T BE PAID. SELWOOD STILL GETS AWAY WITH THE DUCK (CHEATING) AT GEELONG , NOT SAM AT HAWTHORN THEY GIVE HIM NOTHING.

Again good night , read a book or something, learn.. ps it used to be called dropping the ball, you know Kevin Bartlett style. But that's an old rule I barely see used now!

Gee wiz mate they could call these frees anything they like, TOO MANY ARE UNFAIR AND WRONG AND NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE GAME.

NOW GET TO BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You seem to think that using caps makes your argument more valid. I don't actually understand how you are arguing a high hit is not a free kick. Of all the stinkers last night that wasn't one of them. There is no accidental rule ... if you hit someone high it is a free end of story. All they need to do is officiate consistently which they never do and did not do last night. So unless you are trying to say that the umpires were terrible almost exclusively in favour of your team then I don't understand what you are banging on about. You keep on saying it is not about individual decisions but you seem to keep on wanting to talk about the Gibbo free kick which is the bloody point. If you get 10 bad decisions in your favour, and 1 against I don't want to hear about the one against. If you want to talk about umpiring standards in general maybe don't pick out a clear free kick to make your point.

those sort of free kicks get paid all the time. When a player slips over just before a tackle and gets taken high, it gets paid. When someone executes a perfect tackle and the player drops the knees so the tackler falls into their back, it gets paid. When someone holds onto someone in the tackle when they didn't realise the other player had gotten rid of the ball, it gets paid. Hell, half the time, when a player deliberately drops the ball which should be paid holding the ball it is paid a hold the other way.

WTF are you on about?What the hell has tackling got to do with this ...... Gibson went the ball, got to the ball first, got the ball with his spoil, he never tackled anyone. If you want to use tackling anology, Gibson had the ball and Wingard was the tackler, so your saying if the tackler bumps his head while tackling then he gets a free..... you flog
upload_2015-8-22_19-4-41.png

Last edited:
WTF are you on about?What the hell has tackling got to do with this ...... Gibson went the ball, got to the ball first, got the ball with his spoil, he never tackled anyone. If you want to use tackling anology, Gibson had the ball and Wingard was the tackler, so your saying if the tackler bumps his head while tackling then he gets a free..... you flog
View attachment 165387

Actually the tackling analogy would be a high fend off seeing though it was Gibson's forearm, which is a free ... you flog. As for why I was using the tackling analogy, it was to demonstrate that accidental frees are still frees ... you flog. Accidently hitting someone in the face is a free even if you spoil the ball.

Actually the tackling analogy would be a high fend off seeing though it was Gibson's forearm, which is a free ... you flog. As for why I was using the tackling analogy, it was to demonstrate that accidental frees are still frees ... you flog. Accidently hitting someone in the face is a free even if you spoil the ball.

Fend off? WTF? Gibson didn't even see Wingard coming in late. Ginson was looking at and attackingb the ball while Wingard was running at him late as the picture clearly shows. So just run into a players arms when he has the ball and get a free kick.... you flog. The picture clearly shows Wingard about to run into Gibson , while Gibson was competing the ball and had spoiled the ball.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back