Preview Round 22 vs Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Stringer's 5 goals against Beasley, I'm a little worried.

Was only his first or second AFL game and they had the ball inside their forward 50 60 odd times. Generally speaking, he's very good at negating his opponent and has actually ran a faster 20m time than anyone else on our list(2.83 is his personal best I believe).

Stringer's also sitting fifth in the Coleman with 49 goals so far.

Tall backline?

Merrett, Clarke and Andrews on Roughhead, Hale and Gunston.

Looks about right to me.

Clarke to Gunston for me. Andrews on Roughead, Merrett on Hale. Really hope we don't do the whole rotating match ups thing like we did against the bombers talls.

Was only his first or second AFL game and they had the ball inside their forward 50 60 odd times. Generally speaking, he's very good at negating his opponent and has actually ran a faster 20m time than anyone else on our list(2.83 is his personal best I believe).

Stringer's also sitting fifth in the Coleman with 49 goals so far.

I agree and from memory it was his second game or something that night and Stringer was quite lucky with some goals on that night. I think Beasley is going to be our Nick Smith or Alan Toovey who doesn't get a lot of the ball but from watching him has the strength and speed to match it with anyone and negate his opponent. Exciting times for the young fella and I reckon we can see the future of our back line with Harris, Dawson, Clarke, Cutler, Beasley & Paps all with differing heights and strengths. Go Lions!

I hope we are competitive this game and can keep with them for as long as possible. I will take anything better than a 60 point loss as a pretty good outcome for a Hawks game in Tassie, given where we are at right now.

If we can get within 5 or 6 goals I will be pretty happy.

No Mitchell helps us on the back of Hodge being out. We might only lose by 10 goals. Looks like it will be quite wet as well. Hope we fight it out and play four decent quarters thats all i am looking for.
Damn was hoping Mitchell could pinch the brownlow this year and was expecting him to get the 3 votes this game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly hope he does not win the Brownlow. Great player but dirty little sniper and when we played them last year at this ground he didn't like Rocky getting into his face and got Rocky reported and dobbed him in at tribunal. A player who goes around trying to hurt opposition players with raised knees doesn't deserve a Brownlow.

I certainly hope he does not win the Brownlow. Great player but dirty little sniper and when we played them last year at this ground he didn't like Rocky getting into his face and got Rocky reported and dobbed him in at tribunal. A player who goes around trying to hurt opposition players with raised knees doesn't deserve a Brownlow.

This. If he wins it'll be because of his knee on Fyfe. His win would be tarnished. Almost of much as Jobe Watson's Brownlow*.

Here's hoping Goldy can sneak in for the Brownlow win - about time a non-midfielder wins it.

Going to watch this game for individual moments of skill that might pop up here and there - definitely not going to win it so may as well focus on which player's stand up this game

Here's hoping Goldy can sneak in for the Brownlow win - about time a non-midfielder wins it.

Yeah, I'm on the Goldy bandwagon. I think Sandilands has proven that a dominant ruck can attract votes. Goldstein has played some exceptional footy which is made even more remarkable for the fact that he doesn't get much of a chop-out from a support ruck, Furthermore, he's been more resilient than your average ruck, maximising his chances of picking up regular votes by playing more games. He also doesn't have a stand-out midfielder drawing votes, with no North midfielder statistically in the top 30 or so mids in the comp.

Yeah, I'm on the Goldy bandwagon. I think Sandilands has proven that a dominant ruck can attract votes. Goldstein has played some exceptional footy which is made even more remarkable for the fact that he doesn't get much of a chop-out from a support ruck, Furthermore, he's been more resilient than your average ruck, maximising his chances of picking up regular votes by playing more games. He also doesn't have a stand-out midfielder drawing votes, with no North midfielder statistically in the top 30 or so mids in the comp.
Plus he isnt a smash everybody around me sort of ruck, he has good skills and thought process. Fair player.

Plus I thought he was fairly classy with the Lewis thing.

This. If he wins it'll be because of his knee on Fyfe. His win would be tarnished. Almost of much as Jobe Watson's Brownlow*.

Judd's 2nd. Stole it off Gablett - opened up Pavliches face with a deliberate elbow in a fair tackle (to the point he needed 5 stitches), but the Vic MRP judged it insufficient force & accidental.

On topic, I will be happy with 10 goals. They all make allowance for teams coming up north, but no one notices what it takes out of you coming from this to antarctic Tasmanie. Your body uses so much energy trying to keep warm. And they are the premiership favourites at the business end of the season.

If they don't beat us by more than 12 goals put you money on WA. Expecting a shagging and Hawks to do the 3peat.

hope i am wrong and not being too abrasive.

Birchall in doubt as well. If Mitchell doesn't play as expected would like to see Leppa put Robbo on Lewis with a hard tag. We could really dry up their midfield drive and at least be competitive. Watch Burgoyne step up and have a big game. The guy is a champion and so silky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back