Socceroos 2018 WCQ THREAD-v HONDURAS FOR SPOT IN RUSSIA (Dates TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Always notice a lot of the asian teams we play against have numerous players who just love to lie on the ground after the slightest bit of contact.

Not sure if they're soft or if it's time wasting, or even if they've just seen Ronaldo do it so they think they might give it a crack too.

I dunno.

south americans too.

some african players ive played against do it despite being built like predator.

slide tackled an irish lad once. had a massive run up and in the wet my momentum took me through. he was face down for a while despite me taking all ball. more a dive from him

Always notice a lot of the asian teams we play against have numerous players who just love to lie on the ground after the slightest bit of contact.

Not sure if they're soft or if it's time wasting, or even if they've just seen Ronaldo do it so they think they might give it a crack too.

I dunno.
There is a scene from a carry on movie where the female star is at the FA cup to present the cup .in the first half ,half the side get carried off to the change room where the female is there for " massaging" them nudge nudge. I wonder where miss bangladesh is?

Solid win but still plenty of room for improvement. Thought the keeper did a fair job, could of been double figures

Same Bangladesh team that led for most of their match vs Tajikistan...they didn't seem to give two shits out there. Off to Dushanbe on Tuesday night it is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All round, a very solid performance from Australia. Played some nice football and kept at it all night trying to break down a pretty determined Bangladeshi side. They could have always gone the ultra direct route and may have scored more goals if they had, but Ange made the point after the match that he wanted them to play good football. Mooy, Milligan and Rogic in particular showed some real class touches. Luongo looked out of touch. Got plenty of the ball, but his passing was off.

Terrific atmosphere at the ground.

Last edited:
Good win. Was hit around well by the Aussies in what was a clinic and the atmosphere was great with a lot of kids able to see their heroes. Forgotten how big Rogic is. Even Whatsisface from Lazio is a big lad. Irvine plays in Scotland and in a league no where near flamboyant enough to have that kind of hair cut.

There are some seriously poor sides in Asia looking at the other results. How bad must Bhutan be to let Qatar score 15.

Enjoyed the game. Australia looked sharp.

See you in another 10 years Socceroos ;)

They'll be back when the new stadium is done.

Qatar allegedly paid bhutan off , they have form

Bhutan is up between India and Tibet and have been seen as officially the worst team in the world on numerous occasions. Their one and only Olympic sport is archery ffs. They also allow marijuana grow wild and only a handful of westerners are allowed in there each year.

Bangladesh got off seriously light last night. Other results:

UAE 10-0 Malaysia
Saudi Arabia 7-0 East Timor

Jordan 0-0 Kyrgyzstan

China 0-0 Hong Kong
Qatar 15-0 Bhutan (!!!)

Iran 6-0 Guam
Oman 3-1 Turkmenistan

Japan 3-0 Cambodia
Syria 1-0 Singapore

Iraq 5-1 Taiwan

South Korea 8-0 Laos
Kuwait 9-0 Myanmar

Uzbekistan 1-0 Yemen
Bahrain 0-1 North Korea

Lets be brutally honest here, we learnt nothing last night. Whilst it was nice to put a few on the board the opposition wasnt close to A League standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back