A-League A-League Round 13 - Battle For Top Spot!

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Seen softer penalties given for making contact with a player.

I've never seen a penalty where a player who miskicks the ball and falls in the opposite direction to where he kicks the ball is "fouled". Geria was fouled more if anything. His movement was towards the ball, not the complete opposite direction.

Certainly no case for a VAR review at all. Incredible the decision to review and incredible a foul was even awarded after seeing this all on replay.

I've never seen a penalty where a player who miskicks the ball and falls in the opposite direction to where he kicks the ball is "fouled". Geria was fouled more if anything. His movement was towards the ball, not the complete opposite direction.

Certainly no case for a VAR review at all. Incredible the decision to review and incredible a foul was even awarded after seeing this all on replay.

I don't think it's a penalty either, but I've seen lesser contact, which there was, given. The Payne one looks pretty cut and dried to me.

I don't think it's a penalty either, but I've seen lesser contact, which there was, given. The Payne one looks pretty cut and dried to me.

The amount of contact is irrelevant here. It's the fact that the player fell into his opponent in a totally opposite direction to where the ball was going. The was more of a case for a foul committed by the forward than one against him.

Nobody expected a penalty. For it to be even be considered for a review for which the threshold is clear & obvious is outrageous as it was a considered decision made after watching a replay.

Always amazes me how many players are complete douchebags by surrounding the ref to plead innocence. If I were a ref I'd be dishing out yellows to anyone so clearly incorrectly pleading innocence.
Should be yellows dished out via var. Would be a good use and see the shenanigans cease

I don't know what to think about that decision. Clear context in the box, but the chance was done and the ball was heading out.

To me, that shouldn't matter. Like when a player shoots and misses then gets cleaned up by an opponent sliding in and the refs let it go. It is a foul. Pay it.

Unpopular (or maybe controversial) opinion

We should no longer play games on Australia Day, I think it's inappropriate especially as we (at long last) are trying to get more Indigenous People and youth playing football.

I can see potential conflict/problems with Vuck 'Ultras' clashing with 'Invasion Day' protestors next Friday.

I am rather concerned about it quite frankly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular (or maybe controversial) opinion

We should no longer play games on Australia Day, I think it's inappropriate especially as we (at long last) are trying to get more Indigenous People and youth playing football.

I can see potential conflict/problems with Vuck 'Ultras' clashing with 'Invasion Day' protestors next Friday.

I am rather concerned about it quite frankly.

It won't be televised being on a Friday, nor will they use the game to celebrate the day?

I have no strong opinion on Australia Day FWIW. If anything I think it's a bit silly to have a public holiday straight after Christmas Holidays.

It won't be televised being on a Friday, nor will they use the game to celebrate the day?

I have no strong opinion on Australia Day FWIW. If anything I think it's a bit silly to have a public holiday straight after Christmas Holidays.

What do you mean - all games are televised.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back