Banter Banter thread Part 1 - Opposition fans welcome - let's have fun

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still no Hawkers in here. Cocky Barstards are too smug to bother.
Sorry but its no fun anymore :-( I read through your boards posts and its like everyone has realised that at the moment there's nothing Carlton can do but take the p1ss out of itself.

I have 2 Carlton fans at work who are the same as many people round here. They just say "what can you do?". Its not good for the competition. 15 years of punishment is enough - except essendon. They can rot for 30 years.

Sorry for not being more fun :-(

Mate, if my team was beating an old foe the way they used to beat us I'd be hoping it never ended. This 'the AFL needs a strong Carlton' is a bit of a crock actually. The AFL is doing just fine without us. Appreciate your supportive sentiments but most people hope we rot with * for not dissimilar reasons.

Sorry but its no fun anymore :-( I read through your boards posts and its like everyone has realised that at the moment there's nothing Carlton can do but take the p1ss out of itself.

I have 2 Carlton fans at work who are the same as many people round here. They just say "what can you do?". Its not good for the competition. 15 years of punishment is enough - except essendon. They can rot for 30 years.

Oh I like you ............... stick around! ;)

Is this banter or are we really that bad others feel sorry for us .... I am so confused.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hodgey on his post grand final bender already, they say.

I thought it was only their fanbase who think the premiership is already in the bag!
No team more than * know the dangers of getting ahead of yourselves in finals.

Is this banter or are we really that bad others feel sorry for us .... I am so confused.
Well I'm nearly 34 and yes I remember travelling out to that hideous ground Princes Park no watching Hawthorn get rolled in the mid 1990s. A 1995 game stands out in particular I think.

Don't get me wrong. I thought it was brilliant what happened and your downfall from sort of 2002-2011 but after that any banter I could have with Carlton friends was gone. Sort of came back when you signed Mick but honestly seeing my friends go through watching Carlton every week is just depressing.

While the AFL may not NEED a strong Carlton, I'm sure most supporters would like to see Carlton, Collingwood, hawthorn and Richmond making up the top six. Not Essendon. F**k them.

It's been over 10 years and after watching the last time we played you.... Yeah wasn't a great spectacle for the game. Maybe in the past it was "We're Carlton and we do what we want" like John Elliot on Open Mike, but now maybe the club realises that you can't really buy premierships by luring the big fish like you used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back