GWS Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for answering!
How does this sound?

22, 24, 26 and 44 from 2015, 'Pies 1st round 2016
for
27 from 2015, Treloar, Tomlinson

Gives GWS the points it needs (would have 8,22,24,26,44,45 or over 4500 pts) for Academy players this year as well as an extra first round next year. Then GWS could trade anyone else (Hampton etc) for more 2016 picks ("the strong draft").
Think something like this could work well for both teams. GWS get all the academy guys they are after and will be pick-rich for 2016. 'Pies can keep pick 7 from this year and gain the 2 ATs. Anyway, hope this sounds ok - looks like a win-win to me (or as close as you can get when a star wants to leave - see Beams last year)

It is
fair enough :$ good luck with it :thumbsu:
it is still in the Giants best interest to have the highest picks possible even with the academy players that we will bring in.

Just because the points might equal doesn't mean they are of equal value. Pies wouldn't trade pick 7 for two second rounders and neither would the Giants.

For example if we have pick 7 & 8 and one or all of the academy boys slip past those picks we can pick up some extra top 10 players. If we have picks in the second round we get stuck picking up two players we don't want. Quality over quantity

So according to Denham we are looking at rucks such as Minson, Derickx, Simpson so in other words just someone to fill that gap we have on our list between Mumford and our developing rucks.

It would make total sense to get Minson, his current side preferred to play without a ruck than name him, epic call that would be

It would make total sense to get Minson, his current side preferred to play without a ruck than name him, epic call that would be

I'd take him. He's only going to come in if Mumford goes down and Downie can't hold him his end. Brisbane used Hudson to similar effect quite well a few years ago, as did Collingwood after that.

I'd take him. He's only going to come in if Mumford goes down and Downie can't hold him his end. Brisbane used Hudson to similar effect quite well a few years ago, as did Collingwood after that.
Waste of money and development opportunity, he is also a thug and a poor human, no thanks

Waste of money and development opportunity, he is also a thug and a poor human, no thanks
Assuming Phillips goes that leaves Mummy coming off a serious ankle operation as our number 1 ruckman.Downie and Lobb arent yet ready to assume our number 1 ruck so another year developing and playing a few games here and there is probably best for them.
We need another mature ruck.Having a second ruck the quality of Minson would be good.However hes contracted and im not sure he would see himself as number 2 to Mummy.He destroyed Mummy this year.Would they work well together? Hes a different cat , made some shocking onfield calls but Ward and Griffen say hes a good guy.So we cant knock him back on that.Our boys are big time sledges from all reports

Derickx is very ordinary.Not sure why Smith isnt in the conversation.Simpson as a huge Ruckman on the cheap makes some sense though.

Minson is the closest thing to a drop-in replacement for Mumford that we're going to find, but it'd only be worth it if we got him for next to nothing and he accepts that he'll be playing in the reserves unless Mumford's out and even then he might not get called up.

My first thought was Minson is going to be one of the best paid NEAFL players, so why would he bother? We don't have the money for former AAs if they won't be used week in, week out.

I know we're a bit of a northern kennel, but he's not Ward or Griffen. Our list is bursting so even if he's best buds with someone we're not going to be using the "best mate who can play footy" policy (waves at Sam Reid). Yes he'd bring a lot if Mummy is down but we wouldn't be using him effectively when Mummy is fit.

Don't know why Derrickx is on the radar - we would have been better off keeping Giles. Simpson... Better than Phillips but probably as injury prone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Hi guys

I follow the underage comps a fair bit and I'm almost certain Dees will make a bid at Jacob Hooper (we have pick 6) and clubs above us could well bid too while Matthew Kennedy might attract bids from picks 15-20. You've got some gun talent in your academy.

I'm not gonna come in here and propose stupid trades for untouchable players but what is a fair price for Bugg? It sounds like you're waiting on other potential trades to happen before deciding on him. I'm guessing you wouldn't delist him. Not sure if he's in high demand, have heard Carlton were considering it but maybe 4 fringe Giants players is enough for them....

Also I think you guys are short another Key Defender. Would u consider drafting Jack Fitzpatrick as a rookie? You wouldn't have to give up anything. He's a bit fringe but he kept Tom Boyd to one disposal earlier and kept Jesse White goalless too and can also ruck. Prone to the occasional brain fade (see tunnelball at Queens Birthday v Pies). We're a bit sad he's been delisted and reckon he will get a shot elsewhere. We have too many KPDs hence he was surplus. Just an idea.

Hi guys

I follow the underage comps a fair bit and I'm almost certain Dees will make a bid at Jacob Hooper (we have pick 6) and clubs above us could well bid too while Matthew Kennedy might attract bids from picks 15-20. You've got some gun talent in your academy.

I'm not gonna come in here and propose stupid trades for untouchable players but what is a fair price for Bugg? It sounds like you're waiting on other potential trades to happen before deciding on him. I'm guessing you wouldn't delist him. Not sure if he's in high demand, have heard Carlton were considering it but maybe 4 fringe Giants players is enough for them....

Also I think you guys are short another Key Defender. Would u consider drafting Jack Fitzpatrick as a rookie? You wouldn't have to give up anything. He's a bit fringe but he kept Tom Boyd to one disposal earlier and kept Jesse White goalless too and can also ruck. Prone to the occasional brain fade (see tunnelball at Queens Birthday v Pies). We're a bit sad he's been delisted and reckon he will get a shot elsewhere. We have too many KPDs hence he was surplus. Just an idea.

You come on to our board with a username like that and you expect anyone to even read your post?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ballsy.

You come on to our board with a username like that and you expect anyone to even read your post?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ballsy.

I don't even resent him that much anymore, hard to turn down the cash. I probably should change it. Thoughts on Bugg's value tho?

Hi guys

Probably your 3rd round pick around 45 and maybe a swap of picks as well somewhere. .Probably prefer it for next next years draft though.We will already have enough points for the academy boys from other trades.....I cant see Fitzpatrick getting a game with us....As for your name hey I admit it i barracked for Melbourne until i was 4.We all make mistakes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back