Player Watch #17: Daniel Rioli - 5 more years! (Contracted until 2027)

Remove this Banner Ad

I was drunk during the draft last night and was inexplicably annoyed by taking Rioli, given I've never seen him play and barely watched the highlights of the prospects this year. After having listened to his interviews and read more about him I am so excited to see a Rioli in yellow and black. I think I'm not alone in having this reaction to the draft:

HT96YpK.gif

I have zero evidence to state with any confidence if any of our draftees will be good, bad or indifferent.
I just want them to be really, really extra special good and, as usual, I'll be crossing my fingers and toes and praying to the footy gods.
I'll also give them my full support be they good, bad or indifferent, they're Tigers now.

This, so much.

Once they are Tigs - nothing else matters.

Really happy that the club picked Rioli- cmon we went left of Centre and picked up a player that could well develop into a game changer
He is exactly what we need
Has X factor, small forward who in a few seasons could play mid
Daniel ain't a vanilla pick that's for sure
I love it that Daniel has said he is his own player...not a Cyril/Dean/Maurice clone

Welcome to the Tigers Daniel
I actually wouldn't mind if he was a Cyril or Maurice clone....

I actually wouldn't mind if he was a Cyril or Maurice clone....

Dare we think he could be the best so far, with the right development??? #Nopressure....

I had no idea until today that's he's spent the last four years at my alma mater, St. Patrick's College, Ballarat.
Going from the Territory humidity to the Ballarat winter chill would be pretty challenging... so I'd reckon he's up for it. :D

Shaun Grigg is an ex-Paddie's boy too.

Reece Conca still has a lot to prove and so far has been a massive flop.

1. Swallow - Gun
2. Bennell - kicked out of his club
3. Day - a dud so far
4. Gaff - AA
5. Polec - 2 years of s**t then turncoated
6. Conca
7. Caddy - turncoated after a year
8. Heppell - Took PEDs. About to take a 2 year holiday.
9. Prestia - Gun
10. Gorringe - Nope

To be fair Conca is one of the better picks there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have zero evidence to state with any confidence if any of our draftees will be good, bad or indifferent.
I just want them to be really, really extra special good and, as usual, I'll be crossing my fingers and toes and praying to the footy gods.
I'll also give them my full support be they good, bad or indifferent, they're Tigers now.
Have you considered running for the committee? You've got my vote!

Lolz at expecting him to be a star. How about he does a pre season and gets through that and bulks up a bit?

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back