PSD/Rookie Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't help but think Galluci is Garlett 2.0 - reckon he'll push to play quickly if he can bulk up a bit over pre-season and adjust to the speed/level quickly.

All of a sudden, we've got some competition for a spot we had none this season.

Matty Wright, Sumner, Lamb, Smith and now Galluci.

Jock Cornell was my phantom draft selection for Geelong's first pick and he ends up going to Geelong in the rookie draft. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Precisely. If you want a player on your main list you can DFA sign them.
If you want them on the rookie list you select them in the rookie draft.

It's really that simple.

Consider Matthew Wright out PSD pick.

I believe the preseason draft exists for the player who does not renew their contract and the club refuses to trade them to their club of choice (which could of been a possibility for Treloar, Aish, Lennon etc to getting to Carlton cheaply)

Jeez I'm surprised no one picked up Jayden brind. And Matt perry too a lesser extent. Brisbane have done very well getting William in the 2nd rd.

Feel bad for Holman, a terrific young lad, but I can't help but feel it was the correct decision to jettison him.

Cannot fault SOS's first trade and draft period at all, turning WentHomederson into Hazza Mac is a massive win for us.

Precisely. If you want a player on your main list you can DFA sign them.
If you want them on the rookie list you select them in the rookie draft.

It's really that simple.

Consider Matthew Wright out PSD pick.
Pretty much with Wright.
PSD has been a non event for years now.

There are a few diamonds there.

Given our list balance, would like a KPD with our first pick. There are a couple of interesting ones.

Surman
Glass-McCasker
Firns

Would prefer Surman

Would have preferred Surman, but happy we have taken McCasker. Not that pleased with Gallucci, the kid is 21 and still a rake, surely Parsons would have been a better selection

I know nothing of this lad so I did a quick search and found this :

2015 NAB AFL DRAFT COMBINE LEADING PERFORMERS

Absolute standing vertical jump (cm)
Mabior Chol - 334cm
Gach Nyuon - 330
Jacob Weitering - 327
Andre Parrella - 325
Mitch King - 324
Jesse Glass-McCasker - 323
Jack Firns - 322
Matthew Flynn - 321
Callum Moore - 319
Eric Hipwood - 318

Absolute running vertical jump (cm)
Gach Nyuon - 362cm
Mabior Chol - 357
Jacob Weitering - 344
Andre Parrella - 342
Jesse Glass-McCasker - 340
Callum Moore - 340
Matthew Flynn - 339
Eric Hipwood - 338
Liam Jeffs - 338
Harry McKay - 337
Lachlan Tiziani - 337

Agility
Kieran Lovell - 7.90 seconds
Alex Morgan - 8.07
Clayton Oliver - 8.11
Aidyn Johnson - 8.15
Tom Doedee - 8.19
Jesse Glass-McCasker - 8.22
Oleg Markov - 8.23
Will Snelling - 8.24
Darcy MacPherson - 8.24
Ben Crocker - 8.25

But Schache, considered a near certainty to follow in his late father Laurence Schache’s footsteps and join Brisbane, was held to just one goal.

He was worn like a glove by 198cm Glass-McCasker, who showed off his strong defensive skills, aerial ability and developing rebounding game.

“I didn’t play on him in the first game because I was injured,” Glass-McCasker said.

“I was spewing that I missed it, but he kicked eight against us in that game in Perth.

“I went up to the coach (Andrew Lockyer) and said I wanted to have a crack at him to see where I was at. I played on him down in Geelong and kept him to 1.1. My aim was to keep him to three goals, so I was stoked.

“It was probably one of the best games I’ve played.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/s...e-glass-mccasker-has-chance-of-afl-selection/

At 198cm with some serious leap and agility, there's a lot to like about the boy, just have to trust the recruiting panel on this one.

Remember noting this blokes achievements at the DC but not sure why there was no interest at the ND - he's a defender and not a ruckman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember noting this blokes achievements at the DC but not sure why there was no interest at the ND - he's a defender and not a ruckman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think his ordinary disposal skills has held him back ..if we can develop him to be half decent by foot then we will have a very valuable player ...somebody who can negate the big mobile forwards that are everywhere now, would be invaluable ...for now let the other blokes do the kicking for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back