Draft Profile Aaron Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

At 192cm and 90kg, Francis is the prototype build of many champions of the game. Gun 200cm KPF's and KPD's are largely a myth.

With his inate natural footy ability, power and kicking skills...Francis has the full package.

If he interviews well and has the "drive", IMHO he is the 2nd best prospect in the draft, just behind Weitering.

Weitering

Francis

Mills
Hopper
Curnow

Schache
Parish

Weideman
Ah Chee

The rest

With murmurings of Francis perhaps being available at Carlton's pick 8 , reckon you'd have to be ecstatic with that outcome .
1. Weitering
8. Francis
11. ?
19. ?

With murmurings of Francis perhaps being available at Carlton's pick 8 , reckon you'd have to be ecstatic with that outcome .
1. Weitering
8. Francis
11. ?
19. ?

Yep, absolutely...or as Alan Richardson would say "i'd be INCREDIBLY ecstatic".

But with the proviso still that he interviews well and has the drive and is suited to a developing team with plenty of developing and initial struggling to do.

We plebs can't judge that, only SOS can.

But unless he projects that he really won't suit us, INCREDIBLY ecstatic if we get him at 8.

1. Weitering
8. Francis
11. ?
19. ?
I still don't understand it, but I'm not going to complain. If we can get Francis, then we have made a real coop.
The next question would be the availability of guys like Oliver, as I do expect us to get 1 mid early. Lots of talk about Gresham, and I wouldn't complain there either.

I still don't understand it, but I'm not going to complain. If we can get Francis, then we have made a real coop.
The next question would be the availability of guys like Oliver, as I do expect us to get 1 mid early. Lots of talk about Gresham, and I wouldn't complain there either.
One things for sure,. he won't make it past 9 if the blues don't take him! The crows will be all over him a cheap red headed suit..

Yep, absolutely...or as Alan Richardson would say "i'd be INCREDIBLY ecstatic".

But with the proviso still that he interviews well and has the drive and is suited to a developing team with plenty of developing and initial struggling to do.

We plebs can't judge that, only SOS can.

But unless he projects that he really won't suit us, INCREDIBLY ecstatic if we get him at 8.
Having seen him play on Schache and his reaction to getting toweled (a terrible match up for him) up he certainly looked like a competitive animal.

Would be all for him at pick 8. Could quite possibly be the best player in the draft.

Lots of the rumours have Francis going much lower than I would have expected. I guess it comes down to what sort of player teams want. He is not a tall forward or a speedy mid, so he may drop. But whatever teams gets him will be getting a bargain.
Personally, I hope it is us (Carlton). We don't NEED to take a risk with a guy like Weidemann or Burton. However, the last thing I expect on Draft Day is what I think is logical.

I can see
Lots of the rumours have Francis going much lower than I would have expected. I guess it comes down to what sort of player teams want. He is not a tall forward or a speedy mid, so he may drop. But whatever teams gets him will be getting a bargain.
Personally, I hope it is us (Carlton). We don't NEED to take a risk with a guy like Weidemann or Burton. However, the last thing I expect on Draft Day is what I think is logical.

I hear you about doing what is logical. For mine Francis is the game changer for whoever out of Demons, Bombers or Carlton grab him. Such a great mark and versatility. And he is ready to play now. With a bit of experience he could become a gun.

Most talented player in the draft for me, great get for the Dons, he was also an Essendon supporter growing up, meaning the go home factor is significantly lessened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back