News Return Richmond's Colour. BLK UNDER ADMINISTRATION

If we didn't have BLK, who should we use?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just looking at this again, that yellow in our 2003 jumper is perfect. We need to bring back this exact yellow. Should have never changed.

The faded yellow and black is a disgrace

396635.jpg
It became faded after we lost to Carlton in the EF :cry:

Why is this ? Wouldn't be because a jumper purchased in 2011 is still current to this day ? Wouldn't be because people are put off by faded colours ? Wouldn't be because the collar has been the same on BLK/KooGa since 2009 ?

People that bought a guernsey in 2011 have absolutely no reason to buy a new one, everything is the same except for the BLK rebranding, and for most people its not enough to make them fork out.

Adidas and Hawthorn sell the most guernseys cos they get a freshen up every 2 years. Kids want the latest Adidas collar and theres always something new on the Hawks guernsey like mesh sidepanels or watever to make them look different so that people are tempted to buy.

I have no doubt that if we were with a big name manufacturer that we would sell a lot more guernseys. We are winning a lot of games, when we were last with Nike apart from 01 we were garbage.

The reason we don't sell many jumpers vs other clubs is simple : the sash belongs in the 1800s and just doesn't do it walking around town in jeans. We should have an away jumper that breaks this and makes it more usable in today's day and age. This is why the hawks stole our colours are using our original striped design. cause it works and their original brown and yellow doesn't.

This guy would love our jumper - http://bit.ly/1RNZh0e

Last edited:

Side note, on the back of our jumper how good would it be if we scrapped the busy look of the sash with white numbers, and instead just had yellow numbers? I'm not sure what the AFL's policy on number colours are but if RFC wanted it bad enough no doubt we could get it.

The plain black with yellow numbers looks bloody mean and menacing.

Richmond_2001_2.gif
Disagree. Keep the back sash. Looks way better

The reason we don't sell many jumpers vs other clubs is simple : the sash belongs in the 1800s and just doesn't do it walking around town in jeans. We should have an away jumper that breaks this and makes it more usable in today's day and age. This is why the hawks stole our colours are using our original striped design. cause it works and their original brown and yellow doesn't.

I have no idea what this means, are you saying that some other clubs have designs that look fine when wearing just casually and not going to the football? That's rubbish, anyone who wears a football jumper away from the games simply looks like they are wearing a football jumper. No design is going to change that and I'd love to hear your suggestions of teams where you think their design looks like it could get away with being casual wear because it will get a good laugh.

lold

but it does it better than any afl jumper. but still wouldnt wear any guernsey at non footy stuff

only kids do that

I had never noticed before until I seen this thread.
And I didn't even realize BLK was an apparel brand, I just thought it was one of the sponsors names on the jumper.
There you go!

I thought the reason we don't sell many jumpers is because they don't make enough 3XL and larger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back