News Return Richmond's Colour. BLK UNDER ADMINISTRATION

If we didn't have BLK, who should we use?

• Total voters
dude, its the design board. there are like ten of you guys on it

for them to distort the rest of any poll it would need almost complete non-involvement by RFC posters (which is bad for your push for change anyway, because it shows people cant even be motivated to vote)
There was 4 votes from oppo trolls for blk and 1 from an rfc poster..

There was 4 votes from oppo trolls for blk and 1 from an rfc poster..

after what, one day?

you guys really shot your load early on this one

persuade the rfc fans and be patient. you have to convince them, not manipulate them by rigging the poll

how?? Our piss yellow & grey make us the laughing stock of the league.

But but but our board is doing such a great job off field, can't even get our colours right, next time we sing the song we should sing grey and black to get our point across.

But we have stability that's all that matrers

Sorry, but thats complete and utter crap

You create this thread to show there is a groundswell of support against BLK

But you abuse posters who disagree with your premise (that we need to change) and tell them not to post here, and you have removed BLK as an option on your poll

Firstly we have a contact for 2 more years, so this is tilting at windmills stuff

That being said, I'm never been against getting on my donkey and fighting the unbeatable foe. Thats brings two. If you want this to be a genuine "fans" response to the issue for RFC_O to take on board, you have to open it up. BLK has to be an option, and people have to have the right to disagree. If not, this poll/thread loses all credibility and influence that it could have potentially had.

He s following due process:p

BLK are very average, end of story.
Unfortunately for such a big club, we sell very little jumpers each year compared to the others.
This means the chances of Puma, Nike or Adidas coming on board are almost zero.

Unfortunately for such a big club, we sell very little jumpers each year compared to the others.
Why is this ? Wouldn't be because a jumper purchased in 2011 is still current to this day ? Wouldn't be because people are put off by faded colours ? Wouldn't be because the collar has been the same on BLK/KooGa since 2009 ?

People that bought a guernsey in 2011 have absolutely no reason to buy a new one, everything is the same except for the BLK rebranding, and for most people its not enough to make them fork out.

Adidas and Hawthorn sell the most guernseys cos they get a freshen up every 2 years. Kids want the latest Adidas collar and theres always something new on the Hawks guernsey like mesh sidepanels or watever to make them look different so that people are tempted to buy.

I have no doubt that if we were with a big name manufacturer that we would sell a lot more guernseys. We are winning a lot of games, when we were last with Nike apart from 01 we were garbage.

Where did you get these stats from?
So many people at tigers games are wearing BLK jumpers.

I agree with Groupie_ on this and I think Spluff may have mentioned something about it. The club also I think mentioned something? In trying to get more income streams?

Jumpers may not be a big seller but if the club can add value to our bottom line by improving an area like jumper sales? It's a no brainer for me. It's great to get the big money sponsorship etc, but not at the neglect of something as Iconic as the RFC Jumper & colours. They are important as I think we are the only club that has them (Colours) featured so strongly in our song( I believe?) imho....

On the topic of jumpers why not a 2016 heritage:
192719_89277704d4b57f7babe42617f447bff1.png

Like our 2008 one:
153464.jpg

Just as long as we don't wear it against Carlton it should be good.

Why is this ? Wouldn't be because a jumper purchased in 2011 is still current to this day ? Wouldn't be because people are put off by faded colours ? Wouldn't be because the collar has been the same on BLK/KooGa since 2009 ?

People that bought a guernsey in 2011 have absolutely no reason to buy a new one, everything is the same except for the BLK rebranding, and for most people its not enough to make them fork out.

Adidas and Hawthorn sell the most guernseys cos they get a freshen up every 2 years. Kids want the latest Adidas collar and theres always something new on the Hawks guernsey like mesh sidepanels or watever to make them look different so that people are tempted to buy.

I have no doubt that if we were with a big name manufacturer that we would sell a lot more guernseys. We are winning a lot of games, when we were last with Nike apart from 01 we were garbage.

I agree with everything you say.

I wonder if the idea of an annual competition for a practice top amongst our members/fans could be a good way to go. I know we do this re the Dreamtime guernsey (But my impression is that this is to Indigenous artists & the like, which is great!).

But I'm talking about a general comp open to all. Part of fan engagement and promotion of a new Tiger jumper which the club could take preorders on before doing the run? RFC_Official Is this a possibility?

I wonder if the idea of an annual competition for a practice top amongst our members/fans could be a good way to go. I know we do this re the Dreamtime guernsey (But my impression is that this is to Indigenous artists & the like, which is great!).

But I'm talking about a general comp open to all. Part of fan engagement and promotion of a new Tiger jumper which the club could take preorders on before doing the run? RFC_Official Is this a possibility?
I'd love to enter in a few of my jumpers into the comp.

On the topic of jumpers why not a 2016 heritage:
192719_89277704d4b57f7babe42617f447bff1.png

Like our 2008 one:
153464.jpg

Just as long as we don't wear it against Carlton it should be good.
Just because Hawthorn have won 3 flags in a row, doesn't mean we should try and change our jumper to look like theirs

BLK you have one job! But every year the black gets lighter and the yellow gets more pale. Soon it will be straight grey and beige.

A big up yours to these clowns. Get us anyone that can get the damn colors right.

Even the old inferior manufacturers had the colours spot on 20 years ago. It's a disgrace they can't get it right in this day in age.

65f40da9424d46fd54fc1b3e3bbf85df.jpg

I don't think the issue is withe style, but the colour

Back