Competition FIRA 2016 Hub Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The format of the cup has been changed slightly in the OP for maximum interestingness
Just pasting here for when people are led here.

All 37 teams are automatically entered into the cup. Cup rounds won't be every week, but will be staggered throughout the season with the aim for the cup final to take place just after the league is decided.

After hearing several good arguments on the matter, all teams will use their CUP kits in the cup, whether they qualify for the league or not. If you'd prefer to use your home kit, let me know.

The first round of the cup will now consist of only the 12 teams that QUALIFY for the league. This change has been made to keep the Cup interesting and unique, and stopping the league teams from dominating the cup too early. The teams that progress from this round will be the 6 winners, plus 1 lucky loser, whoever has the narrowest loss.

That will leave us with 32 cup teams, which is perfect for 5 more straight knockout cup rounds.

It's not fair, you're using such a high tech program that I just can't access!
I know! They should make MS Paint free for all!
It just gives people that extra advantage, y'know?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CARDIFF CREW FC MEDIA STATEMENT:

As has been well published in the media, the Cardiff Crew regret to advise supporters and stakeholders of the failed entrance into the FIRA league.

We did everything we could to give ourselves the best chance of qualifying for the league, however, at the end of the day it wasn't enough we got ******** robbed. As a team which was carefully planned and organised over time, other teams which didn't abide by the "strict" guidelines of bids still made the league, which is ultimately painting the FIRA as some "fantasy internet forum competition".

As CEO of the Cardiff Crew FC, I feel it is important to recognize such disappointment in the integrity of the league. We expect these following points to be addressed before any further action is taken by us, and any other franchises which wish to join the movement:
  • The decision to limit the amount of entries into the competition was ridiculous. It limits the exposure of the league, leaves plenty of hard work to go to waste, abandons those fans who've been identified in an established fan base.
  • The decision to not run a reserves competition. How can the future of the league be stable if there's no 'up and coming' talent? Sometimes, teams need to start from the bottom and make their way up.
  • The acceptance of entries which didn't abide by the rules which were clearly stated. Sounds like the whole bidding system was run by FIFA, not FIRA. The corruption in this league has finally been called out, and actions speak louder than words.
  • The future of FIRA. The Cardiff Crew FC aren't done for. We will be back again. It may be in the FIRA, pending changes, however, it may also be in another league more advanced and established, giving the people of Cardiff what they desire.
Until further notice, the Cardiff Crew FC will withdraw from the cup indefinitely.

We are extremely salty about the events of the last few weeks, however, we'd like to thank our fans for their support over the journey. This isn't for nothing, you are the future of your club, Cardiff Crew FC. As a result, members will be able to purchase guernseys for $25, whilst the public will be able to purchase them for $50.

Home:
3021ceu.png

Away:
311qbth.png

Cup:
ztfyfm.png

Stay tuned for more. We will be strong.

Cardiff Crew FC ~ DIM ILDIO HEDDIW

CARDIFF CREW FC MEDIA STATEMENT:

As has been well published in the media, the Cardiff Crew regret to advise supporters and stakeholders of the failed entrance into the FIRA league.

We did everything we could to give ourselves the best chance of qualifying for the league, however, at the end of the day it wasn't enough we got ******** robbed. As a team which was carefully planned and organised over time, other teams which didn't abide by the "strict" guidelines of bids still made the league, which is ultimately painting the FIRA as some "fantasy internet forum competition".

As CEO of the Cardiff Crew FC, I feel it is important to recognize such disappointment in the integrity of the league. We expect these following points to be addressed before any further action is taken by us, and any other franchises which wish to join the movement:
  • The decision to limit the amount of entries into the competition was ridiculous. It limits the exposure of the league, leaves plenty of hard work to go to waste, abandons those fans who've been identified in an established fan base.
  • The decision to not run a reserves competition. How can the future of the league be stable if there's no 'up and coming' talent? Sometimes, teams need to start from the bottom and make their way up.
  • The acceptance of entries which didn't abide by the rules which were clearly stated. Sounds like the whole bidding system was run by FIFA, not FIRA. The corruption in this league has finally been called out, and actions speak louder than words.
  • The future of FIRA. The Cardiff Crew FC aren't done for. We will be back again. It may be in the FIRA, pending changes, however, it may also be in another league more advanced and established, giving the people of Cardiff what they desire.
Until further notice, the Cardiff Crew FC will withdraw from the cup indefinitely.

We are extremely salty about the events of the last few weeks, however, we'd like to thank our fans for their support over the journey. This isn't for nothing, you are the future of your club, Cardiff Crew FC. As a result, members will be able to purchase guernseys for $25, whilst the public will be able to purchase them for $50.

Home:
3021ceu.png

Away:
311qbth.png

Cup:
ztfyfm.png

Stay tuned for more. We will be strong.

Cardiff Crew FC ~ DIM ILDIO HEDDIW

We at Cardiff City echo many of the statements made by our Cardiff brothers. We however will remain in the cup competition and offer all members of the Cardiff Crew half price tickets should they wish to view games within the cup competition and support their City. We will also discuss the situation with the Cardiff Crew in regards to the Cardiff United Cup team and update everyone should any changes in their participaton be made, but we expect that Crew members will also have the same ticket offer as we at Cardiff City are offering to be made for Cardiff United as well.

We at Cardiff City echo many of the statements made by our Cardiff brothers. We however will remain in the cup competition and offer all members of the Cardiff Crew half price tickets should they wish to view games within the cup competition and support their City.
Pathetic.

Pathetic.

It is as a sign of protest, if they wish to go to the game to voice their own protests they may, and all funds from their tickets will be given to the Crew organisation or a charity of their choice. We at Cardiff City are not in this for profit nor are we trying to poach fans.

Also original post that was commented on has been updated.

Idea for next season:

Make qualifiers much earlier and have people only submit a home strip. The winners will go on to make the rest of their entry and unluckies don't have to feel like their time was wasted.

I feel like if I tell people to submit me 3 guernseys they'll submit me 3 guernseys because they want to be a part of this league and they appreciate the fact that qualifying is cutthroat and brutal.

Ultimately this league is deliberately difficult and a Care Bears league where everyone wins every week can maybe be floated in the competitions thread if people feel hard done by.

(Also chasing up late entries is never fun and I have no interest in doing it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back