Certified Legendary Thread Nathan Freeman Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

I hardly think Saints fans have been welcomed with open arms on the Freeman thread on the Pies board, which is basically an all out slagging match against the kid.
To be fair, I can testify that they've been lovely to me on there. Admittedly, though, their Freeman thread has morphed into some strange, random thing about American political history, and other bizarre stuff. :D

I hardly think Saints fans have been welcomed with open arms on the Freeman thread on the Pies board, which is basically an all out slagging match against the kid.
You've clearly skipped the majority of the Freeman thread on our board. 90% of literally has nothing to do with Freeman. Frankly, I'm amazed that he's somehow being discussed at the moment :drunk:

You've clearly skipped the majority of the Freeman thread on our board. 90% of literally has nothing to do with Freeman. Frankly, I'm amazed that he's somehow being discussed at the moment :drunk:
Perhaps I'll sidle over for some good times :D

So Davoren told you everything... right?

Amazing how everyone has the inside word on what happened in the inner sanctum :rolleyes:

So you think our entire fitness and medical staff simply ignored Freeman, despite missing a YEAR with his hamstring injury when he said it didn't feel right.. actually not even ignore, they told him it was fine... that's bordering on criminal negligence, but an entire team of medical professions.. yep... sure buddy.

There was enormous pressure for the fitness staff to get Freeman on the park from the inner sanctum at Collingwood. Here was the former number 10 that the great Hine had selected not playing a game while all around him other than the Berg were flying both Collingwood players. He was pushed to get out on the park to appease fans and critics.

Thankfully Stkilda are doing the right thing by him.

Hi just checking out why LewDog came to our thread to get the latest on Freeman. Surely you must know and care more then we do?

In the Bombers defense, would you be laughing as their supporter?
And yes most of us have a sense of humor. Not sure if that is your kind though but each to their own.

Freeman is a Saints man now. So if you've got a thread on your board where people actively state how much they want him to ping another hammie, you should be able to cop a little bit from a Saints fan who's just calling out your dribble for what it is.

Nathan Freeman Update

Thursday, 11 February 2016

Nathan currently has 2 hamstrings.

One on each side.

Located where they should be.

Operating basically as they are designed to.

That is all for now.

Carry on :cool:

Freeman is a Saints man now. So if you've got a thread on your board where people actively state how much they want him to ping another hammie, you should be able to cop a little bit from a Saints fan who's just calling out your dribble for what it is.
That thread is 90% off topic.
I won't deny the remarks by some though.Apparently you don't notice the replies to that kind of posts?
Freeman is a special case btw. He left the club and if we are to believe the posts here, he has been throwing some mud around about his injury 'management' . Especially when it contradicts his original narrative , it says a bit about the person.
History seems to repeats itself at StKilda , Freeman meets the Karma bus. I can't blame some of our posters reveling in schadenfreude . It could be done a bit more subtle but tact is not our forte. Humor is.

I won't deny the remarks by some though.Apparently you don't notice the replies to that kind of posts?
Freeman is a special case btw. He left the club and if we are to believe the posts here, he has been throwing some mud around about his injury 'management' . Especially when it contradicts his original narrative , it says a bit about the person.
History seems to repeats itself at StKilda , Freeman meets the Karma bus. I can't blame some of our posters reveling in schadenfreude . It could be done a bit more subtle but tact is not our forte. Humor is.

I'm not sure it was on here or on Saintsational but there were plenty hoping guys like Jamie Cripps would fail in his career at WCE. Most fans have a special hatred of the players who walk from their club. I hope Freeman makes Collingwood fans hate him in future, I'm pretty sure both GWS fans are going to be hating on Treloar. I know plenty of Pies fans and they are no worse than any other clubs. Essendon even before the drug saga were always a smug bunch of *ers though so maybe to me the only ones who I particularly dislike.

No it says a bit about your club.

They mismanaged his injury, then lowball his contract and once they get wind of how the Saints could fix his problems they try to up his contract.
Treated him like s**t while chasing Treloar and Aish.
More it says about how your club treats young players like pieces of meat and trash after they have stuffed his injury.
Funny how you bag Freeman but probably laud mercenaries Treloar and Aish.
They better hope they don't get injuries after the Freeman debacle

Nah . Just that I am aware that we do attract supporters from all parts of society and that we get labeled by them by association. No club have only saints in their supporters base. Not even yours strange as it may sound. But by law of numbers, we have a lot more filth amongst our ranks than others so it becomes more noticeable.
And don't go near a bookie today.
We do. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No it says a bit about your club.

They mismanaged his injury, then lowball his contract and once they get wind of how the Saints could fix his problems they try to up his contract.
Treated him like s**t while chasing Treloar and Aish.
More it says about how your club treats young players like pieces of meat and trash after they have stuffed his injury.
Funny how you bag Freeman but probably laud mercenaries Treloar and Aish.
They better hope they don't get injuries after the Freeman debacle
Thanks for that informative piece. I can see now that Freeman is truly a Saint.

Freeman aside why have the pies had so many soft tissue injuries/reoccurring injuries in last couple of seasons?

Is this something they have corrected/are looking into?
Youre ok too for a homeless saint

But you have s**t avatars

#toxicwins ;)

Hi just checking out why LewDog came to our thread to get the latest on Freeman. Surely you must know and care more then we do?

In the Bombers defense, would you be laughing as their supporter?
And yes most of us have a sense of humor. Not sure if that is your kind though but each to their own.

Freeman aside why have the pies had so many soft tissue injuries/reoccurring injuries in last couple of seasons?

Fair question. Actually it was mentioned I think it was by Balme that our conditioning program was pushing players to the edge and some would experience injuries in the process. We do take the cautious road back in the team but it is full on from what I gather.Word often heard is brutal.
Mixed feelings as we do want to see our players in the best shape they can be, but hate to see them in a casualty ward. Or see them leave all together.

Fair question. Actually it was mentioned I think it was by Balme that our conditioning program was pushing players to the edge and some would experience injuries in the process. We do take the cautious road back in the team but it is full on from what I gather.Word often heard is brutal.
Mixed feelings as we do want to see our players in the best shape they can be, but hate to see them in a casualty ward. Or see them leave all together.
Am i wrong in remembering hearing buckley or someone at the club say that when the program kicked off 2-3 years back they expected 1 or 2 to get injured from the ramped up program but the benefits to the entire group would out weight the negatives to the injured few and they were willing to wear it?

Its a good question and one that has been looked into. It's notoriously difficult to answer anything like this reliably as sports science is a soft science anyway and you are dealing with small numbers and lots of variables. Unless you are closely involved no one really knows the ins and outs of Reids or Freemans injuries and management for instance. Davoren was looked at at the beginning of 2015 for these reasons and was kept.

Always hard to know. Hopefully Freeman can get on the field and play some quality footy. He was wanted at Collingwood and a loss and a good pick up potentially. Swings and roundabouts though, we all lose players and pick up others. For us we have lost Beams and Freeman, picked up Treloar, Aish. It evens out usually.

Am i wrong in remembering hearing buckley or someone at the club say that when the program kicked off 2-3 years back they expected 1 or 2 to get injured from the ramped up program but the benefits to the entire group would out weight the negatives to the injured few and they were willing to wear it?
Wouldn't be surprised. Time will tell whether it reaps the rewards we're after.

Transition from a stop/start short burst style game to an endurance type game. The club has put a heavy emphasis on endurance running since Davoren arrived, and in his first year some players were overloaded, likely Freeman included despite his relatively high fitness base for a draftee. The club admitted that they needed to individualise some players programs for that type of training, and as such, our soft tissue injury profile has shrunk, particularly last year, despite Sinclair doing his hammy and Reid having difficulty getting on the park until the end of the year.

Whilst I can appreciate that Saints supporters want to fully believe that Collingwood is fully responsible for Nathan's injury woes, the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle. Many here for instance, insist that the pies tried to rush him back. Truth be told he wanted to play VFL at the end of 2013 but the club decided to wrap him in cotton wool to get him cherry ripe for 2014. Unfortunately the whole scar tissue/surgery followed during the next preseason. I'm not sure why they couldn't get him back on the park again for another year after what was described as a fairly routine cleanup of scar tissue, but I agree it was unacceptable that it took so long.
However... whilst Nathan's attitude towards his rehab was first class at the club, he did have a nasty habit of drinking during his rehab periods, which is probably the worst thing you can do during soft tissue recovery. He infamously turned up to day 1 of his second preseason heavily hungover after returning from the Dingley footy trip with his mates early that morning.

That certainly doesn't absolve Collingwood's medical department (which actually had an overhaul at the end of 2014), but there's always two sides to a story, and on face value, it would certainly be easier for Nate and his family to solely blame the Collingwood medicos for his issues rather than admit he probably didn't do absolutely everything right during his rehab himself too.

Thanks for that informative piece. I can see now that Freeman is truly a Saint.
Well it's not unusual for anyone with an IQ over 50 to be informative to a typically ignorant Collingwood supporter.

As for Freeman hope he is a true Saint after the s**t his previous club put him through with their incompetence.

Deveron or whatever the clown name is. Had to front the AGM to explain himself

Worst soft tissue injury run since Essendon in 2012 hmmmmm.

Freeman was just one of his victims

I thought that was another club,

Transition from a stop/start short burst style game to an endurance type game. The club has put a heavy emphasis on endurance running since Davoren arrived, and in his first year some players were overloaded, likely Freeman included despite his relatively high fitness base for a draftee. The club admitted that they needed to individualise some players programs for that type of training, and as such, our soft tissue injury profile has shrunk, particularly last year, despite Sinclair doing his hammy and Reid having difficulty getting on the park until the end of the year.

Whilst I can appreciate that Saints supporters want to fully believe that Collingwood is fully responsible for Nathan's injury woes, the truth likely lies somewhere in the middle. Many here for instance, insist that the pies tried to rush him back. Truth be told he wanted to play VFL at the end of 2013 but the club decided to wrap him in cotton wool to get him cherry ripe for 2014. Unfortunately the whole scar tissue/surgery followed during the next preseason. I'm not sure why they couldn't get him back on the park again for another year after what was described as a fairly routine cleanup of scar tissue, but I agree it was unacceptable that it took so long.
However... whilst Nathan's attitude towards his rehab was first class at the club, he did have a nasty habit of drinking during his rehab periods, which is probably the worst thing you can do during soft tissue recovery. He infamously turned up to day 1 of his second preseason heavily hungover after returning from the Dingley footy trip with his mates early that morning.

That certainly doesn't absolve Collingwood's medical department (which actually had an overhaul at the end of 2014), but there's always two sides to a story, and on face value, it would certainly be easier for Nate and his family to solely blame the Collingwood medicos for his issues rather than admit he probably didn't do absolutely everything right during his rehab himself too.

i think you are right, the truth is probably closer to the middle

what i do find amusing is you spent the last part of your post highlight what freeman did wrong

the question i have for you, is who's neglect is more concerning. collingwood officials who are paid very very well (amongst the best in the league) to get the program right or a young player doing stupid things that young people often do?

who has hurt collingwood more here. my bet is the numerous collingwood officials who didnt get the program right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back