Bluemour Discussion Thread VI (cont. in Part VII)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Assuming Carlton 2018 2nd is ~pick22 and WCE 2018 1st is ~pick10

Cripps + 2018 2nd (~22) FOR Gaff + 13 + 2018 1st (~10)
Surely we're in the ballpark?

Edit: It would be similar to the Dangerfield trade, except Gaff in place of Gore. Obviously a much better deal, due to Cripps' age and contract status.
If Cripps requested a trade to Perth, i'd do it. But I also think West Coast would fall a lot lower than 9th next season - Lose Mitchell, Priddis & Gaff and gain Cripps & Nic Nat? Only just made finals this season.

If we finish higher & they finish lower it could be Gaff + 13 + 5 for Cripps + 25.

If we got Rockliff, Kennedy, Smith, Gaff, Balic, pick 3 and future pick 5 and lost Cripps, Gibbs & Boek would we have improved?

Gibbs for 10 and 27.
10 for Kennedy and 27 for Smith.
Rocky as FA.
Pick best mid at 3.

We lose BG but get Kennedy, Smith, Rocky and beat mid at 3.

Everyone goes home a winner.
Can get Kennedy and Smith more cheaply than that.

Just offer a future 2nd rounder and some later picks. No way should we be parting with pick 10 in that deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 418271
(Treloar 2015 Trade)
View attachment 418270
(Dangerfield 2015 Trade)
View attachment 418268
*Assuming Carlton 2018 2nd is ~pick22 and WCE 2018 1st is ~pick10

Cripps + 2018 2nd (~22) FOR Gaff + 13 + 2018 1st (~10)
Surely we're in the ballpark?

Edit: It would be similar to the Dangerfield trade, except Gaff in place of Gore. Obviously a much better deal, due to Cripps' age and contract status.
That's probably about fair. Although I'd say unless Cripps asks to be traded Carlton would day no to all offers (within reason, it would take a ridiculous offer).

Gibbs for 10 and 27.
10 for Kennedy and 27 for Smith.
Rocky as FA.
Pick best mid at 3.

We lose BG but get Kennedy, Smith, Rocky and beat mid at 3.

Everyone goes home a winner.
Not great. Can't be paying a top 10 pick for an uncontracted player and a mid second for an injury prone 25 year old. 10 gets both easy if not 27 does. I'd take 3 (LDU) and 10 (Stephenson/Higgins/Fogarty/heck there will be heaps to choose from at 10 better than Kennedy). Next years second gets both.

Even using Danger as a yard stick, we're giving up 6+Gaff as opposed to 6+Gore. Pretty noticeable difference imo.

Assuming Gaff is worth between picks 10-13, Gaff+6 ends up being worth a little over pick 1.

The trade would boil down to Pick 1 (equiv) for P.Cripps.
s**t mate, why didn't you say that it adds up to pick 1?
Actually, wouldn't it be better if you gave us half a dozen 3rd rounders that add up to #1? That way we can replace Cripps with 6 players and the way that SOS recruits, it would be as good as 6 first rounders.
I'm actually agreeing with you on the worth, so I'm not sure why you want to keep arguing the point. All I'm saying is that personally I wouldn't trade him for twice that and that there are extenuating circumstances that make a comparison between Cripps' worth and Danger's a false comparison.

Cripps will make a great captain/vice-captain at this football club for the next 10 years.

He and Byrne are inseparable.

Unbelievable work ethic, determination and character.

Thanks Rogers.
One of the few things Rogers actually got right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back